Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page SP and SoD: Merging?
Error|550
VeteranX
Old
1 - 06-04-2003, 04:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan1
Error and Hank need to get together and talk about it.
Hank, Boston, Hands (Guild Master for "Sowers of Discord"), MaD_ReBeL and I all chatted a bit in TS tonight on the idea. A bunch of thoughts were expressed and we've still got some thinking to do as I understand it.

SP, bottom-line, is for serious, non-gimped characters that are committed to hardcore PvP play. This is not a farming guild. This is not a guild to "try something out" in. Think of it as being comprised of Tribers who have gotten their game together and are dedicated to going to #1 on OGL/TWL/etc. Further, Sinbad is interested in having an "enforcer guild" to use when Silent Tribe Nation needs to send a very clear message to, oh, LoD as an example. Nothing says, "I love you!", like raping a rival guild's exp groups relentlessly.

SoD is being thought of, at this point, as being a guild for people who are "not that serious" about PvP and also as a means for guilding builds that someone wants to try, and so needs to prove, to make as serious contenders in the PvP arena. Why? So you don't have to try and make it to high R3 or R4 on the mainland. My new alt "GrimJack" is an example of a twink that is perfect for guilding to SoD: a dual dagger-wielding Dwarf Warrior is an uncertain build at best and can't possibly prove itself until high R4 and probably R5. So what do you do with it since you want to try it out? Guild it to SoD until you work the plan to it's conclusion and, if it proves itself a worthy PvP build, it then gets guilded to SP.

No final decisions on anything have been reached as far as I know beyond the decisions that the guilds themselves are *not* being disolved or merged in total. I posted this here for those that have questions and haven't been privy to the discussions that have transpired.

Will SoD or SP (or both) have a city-type of installation to call their own? Yes. Will it be on ST's island? Yes. Will it be a full-blown city with trainers, walls, etc.? No. Both organizations are interested in a very minimal arrangement with a few forges, a bank and a ToL to bind to and that's about it. We're more then happy to leave the empire-building to Sinbad. Does Sinbad support this general direction? Yes. Hands and myself, and I believe Hank as well, have all spoken with him and he is interested in what we're wanting to do.

I'll leave it at that pending responses from Hank, Boston and MR.

Ciao.

Last edited by Error|550; 06-04-2003 at 04:14..
Sponsored Links
styr
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 06-04-2003, 04:17
hi

LostDuck
The Assman4
Old
3 - 06-04-2003, 14:25
Well...that actually sounds like a good plan.

Please count me in for SoD!

Vulcan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 06-04-2003, 16:09
I'm stoked to see you guys are actually stepping forward on this. I completely understand what you said about SoD being more of a farming guild and SP being hardcore...

I have some characters that I am specing just for PvP kickin' ass. I guess one could say they are SP goons. But then other, no so strong chars I have just been messing with. So I guess there is a balance there. I don't see why we couldn't merge and then have an elite group of gankers and then some others. Ruin the rep? Eh?

Hope you comtinue discussions in the coming days ... I wanna know where this goes from here.

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 06-04-2003, 17:04
cookie cutters are no fun :\

-Dark-Angel-
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 06-04-2003, 17:30
i hate to be the one to tell you this error but Vengeance would **** your dwarf.

anyway there should be some kind of test to get into the guild. Duels or something.

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 06-04-2003, 21:43
Sweet. I look forward to seeing how this turns out and getting into SoD at last.... once I get some chops.

LostDuck
The Assman4
Old
8 - 06-04-2003, 22:54
Who are the "Fake Smiles"

They have the exact SoD logo...but the white part is a dark red.

The person I saw in Khar with this shield was...

Umbar...he was there with others...but I didn't get a screen shot

There were about 4 of them...I heard them say that their guild just 'turned' on them... (shrug)

Just wanted to pass that along 'in case' it was relevant to the SoD people...

styr
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 06-05-2003, 07:42
sigh where is leper

we need our stunpriest

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
10 - 06-05-2003, 08:43
k

Thing- the group slaying druid will be up there pretty soon..

Kaertes
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 06-05-2003, 22:01
SoD is being dissovled. I was talking to Hands and he said only a few were going over from SoD to SP. He said my mains could join, but alts needed to be guilded to ST main. He said alts will be guilded to SP once they become highly PK capable.

So... who do I talk to about getting info about getting into SP?

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
12 - 06-06-2003, 01:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaertes
SoD is being dissovled. I was talking to Hands and he said only a few were going over from SoD to SP. He said my mains could join, but alts needed to be guilded to ST main. He said alts will be guilded to SP once they become highly PK capable.

So... who do I talk to about getting info about getting into SP?

oi

LostDuck
The Assman4
Old
13 - 06-06-2003, 02:02
Ok...who should I talk to about getting into ST main then...give Sinbad a /tell? (I hate to bother HIM with little me).

Vulcan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
14 - 06-06-2003, 02:31
Talk to ST IC to be able to get into main ST.

I feel a little screwed over in the whole deal. I imagined good times for all. Hmm.

They told me to just bind my scout to the tol at dx(love the city names) and wait .... so i have been farming gypsies and undead the last 4 hours.

I dunno what to expect, but I can only hope for the best. Let's see where this goes.

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 06-06-2003, 02:34
i cant log on at the moment (login server error)

so i cant really do anything

:\

i didnt really here anything but what i read in this thread, and since i still dont have access to the st forums, i really have no idea whats going on.

Last edited by Maniacal; 06-06-2003 at 02:36..
Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
16 - 06-06-2003, 14:35
well, since, i heard nothing from anyone except the tenative plans here (still waiting on access to st boards), hands wasnt responding to tells, i went ahead and left sod, so whatever

didnt wanna come log in today or tomorrow or whatever and spawn at one of those ruined cities

Kaertes
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 06-07-2003, 07:53
If you need to be guilded to ST main.. send Toa or lilbot a tell. Same person, almost always on, will always summon and guild.

Mirage
VeteranX
Old
18 - 06-07-2003, 08:45
SP isn't recruiting, so plz stop trying, ty.

-Chips

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
19 - 06-07-2003, 14:05
im not sure if that was directed at me, but i hope it wasnt, since i have made no request to join SP...

-Dark-Angel-
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 06-07-2003, 23:17
VM thinks he's king **** now and is trying to be a dick to everyone for no apparent reason.

ignore him Maniacal.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page SP and SoD: Merging?

Social Website Bullshit