2024, A New Era For Starsiege: TRIBES

LOL I tried to convince these fools to ban interpolate and dynamically fix PFT so everyone had a pseudo-72 ping and replace chaingun with blaster for a variety of reasons but I got attacked by dopesayo and stork and many others.

then I log into tribe talk 5 years later and I think dopesayo was getting attacked for saying pft was a bad idea.

maximum retardation and many transgressions indeed

pretty cool on the bouncing functionaility, from videos it does seem like your stuck to the ground and gliding like in TA instead of "jumping" like in t1.

400 ppl simultaneously or total? I feel like TA was around 50 core players that PU'd together all the time. 400 ppl every evening would be v. nice! and worthy of buying a gaming laptop 2 play sum tribe :)

damn that sux. yep I cant play the game unless I buy a gaming laptop.

should I pay $1500 to play tribe 3???

This is on u imo I'd say join tw discord talk to Jerry and Kotz and wave on the t1 discord (there's 2 because they had infighting drama lol...)

Game is not worth it to me but Jerry may say otherwise

Also fishstix owns this game and works for Erez and using billionaire dad's money to try to make first gamer paid league for hobbyist?? Dunno how tbh

scam galore imo gl Hf stop by discords!

I got no beef w/ fishdicks (pls send me $ fishdicks dad)

which discord is better? Im in the one with Rosco's mix tape. is Lyon still running this? I got no beef w/ him and am/was buds w/ him but he was a retard discord host

I got no beef w/ fishdicks (pls send me $ fishdicks dad)

which discord is better? Im in the one with Rosco's mix tape. is Lyon still running this? I got no beef w/ him and am/was buds w/ him but he was a retard discord host

What's your name on there let's palay

Need snow-cdc back

I am now in all the discords that I need 2 be in.

I will not be playing tribe1. maybe see how tribe 3 comes 2 fruition then buy gaming laptop and play a little.

I will pay $1500 for one video game

Tribes 3: Rivals Chasing The Dream- Tritium Jones Montage 1 - YouTube

I'm sure this guy is considered overall good but the hit rate for MAs seems super high. seems like they should reduce projectile speed of disc but I suppose this is a tough balance to make it fun for noobys new to tribe franchise while making it hard for ppl who have been playing for 10-20 years

Here is one of the better montages:

Maka T3 Montage Volume 1 - YouTube

I agree that midairs have been normalized, but at the same time, spam is nearly non existent. In TRIBES, poor jet management meant certain death to a volley of grenade launcher and hand grenade spam. Dueling became rather predictable. Skiing backwards was basically one's only method of dodging via depth perception. Hover bounces were the only way one could "fake" an opponent into missing close shots and setting their opponent up for punishment as reload timing and weapon switching meant a total commitment to the "setup".

What is so compelling about TRIBES 3 dueling:

1. One's ability to reliably shoot UP! The air isn't "safe" any longer. If you mismanage jets, or even actively choose to let your opponent fly while you stick to the ground (for the reason below), hitting a grounded midair balances the dynamic. In TRIBES duels, once your opponent hit the jets near you, you were almost forced to do the same. Sometimes the lip of a hill was your cover, but being underneath your opponent was always the wrong choice. Not so in TRIBES3.

2. Ski boosting--as mentioned above, you can legitimately dodge using ground movement unlike any other TRIBES game. The shield pack mechanic in TRIBES 3, combined with this ability, make for some very, very fun moments.

3. There is little to no spam. Every weapon's area of effect (outside of mortars) is rather precise. Putting out high DPS is now dependent upon the player's ability to accurately hit a spinfusor and juggle (yes, quick weapon switching exists!) into another weapon. Flicks in this game are real. Tracking is no longer the only method of aiming. Also, midair grenade launcher shots are a thing. The game rewards aimers.

fascinating analysis and much appreciated Jerry.

point number 3: that precise aim required is nice. It still would be nice to maybe balance the preciseness required with the speed of projectile (I.e. maybe increase splash and slow down projectiles so MAs feel more rewarding). though this would change the dynamics of your major positive points of Tribe 3 duel I think. I suppose it all comes down to personal opinion.

I hope the game does well. If it takes off with a good number of players I will consider buying a gaming laptop and joining in on the fun : ) until then I will watch some videos and enjoy from the sidelines.

namaste : - )

Ive just learned that it seems like support for this game will drastically die down or cease to exist after March 12th release. not good news imo

Ive just learned that it seems like support for this game will drastically die down or cease to exist after March 12th release. not good news imo

keep expectations low, good to do that in life in general i think

just keep your desires there but your expectations minimal to 0

yup all good. if it is a success then great.

I think the reddit with the original tribes 1 devs, they advertised a game called "Shazballz" it has a discord

Back