Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page The Addon Thread
Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 12-09-2009, 10:44
Pre-thread Cliffs: This is a thread for recommending and asking for help with addons in general for the World of Warcraft.

There are always a lot of threads or posts in random threads about "what addon is that" or "is there an addon that does this." I figured one consolidated thread would be a good idea. I woke up way too early this morning and I hope this kills enough time.

I use a lot of addons that might not be familiar for everyone, and I would imagine a lot of you do the same. Please help each other out and recommend good addons for each other, as well as help identify unnamed ones.

I'll start things off. Here are few of the addons I enjoy, and might not be one of the mainstream addons.

------------------------------------------------------------

• Addon: Talented
Links: Curse | WoWInterface | WoWAce

Description:
This addon replaces your default talents window. It makes three wide and complete window of all your trees and best of all, you can save all your templates. Supports Dual-Spec. For example: If I was a Blood PvE spec and wanted to change to a Unholy PvP spec, I would unspec at a trainer, then go to Templates > Death Knight > select previously made 'Unholy PvP' spec and then select 'Apply Template' to instantly change spec. Only downside is that the glyph window is a secret window but its a minor inconvenience, considering how annoying the default window is.

• Addon: Overachiever
Links: Curse | WoWInterface

Description:
This overrides your default achievement window, but the appearance is almost identical (my ss is different because I use skinner). The bread and butter of this addon is the fact that you can search your achievements. It also allows you to move your achievement window, shows you what follow-up achievements there are (i.e. 10 tabards then 25 tabards), and even adds icons/tooltips to your professions and critters. For the critters you need to /love, /kiss or kill, it'll add it to the tooltip when you hover over those. For the Northrend Gourmet achievement, it'll have an icon next to the recipes you haven't cooked yet for that specific achievement.

• MBB (MiniMap Button Bag)
Links: Curse | WoWInterface | WoWAce

Description:
Tired of cluttered buttons around your minimap? Too lazy to get a databroker addon (fubar, titanpanel) and set it up to clean your minimap up? Have no fear MBB is here. MBB consolidates all your buttons on your minimap and adds it to a single small button. You then click or hover over it and it makes a pull out menu. Nothing complex, but wildly convenient for cosmetic purposes.
------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this post and thread is helpful. Happy hunting.

Last edited by Terra; 01-08-2010 at 18:22..
Sponsored Links
vempire
Resident Freak
Contributor
Old
2 - 12-09-2009, 12:37
Addon Control Panel

This adds an "Addons" button to your main menu. It will allow you to easily enable and disable any addons that were in your addon folder when the game was launched. So no alt-tabbing to add in another addon then enabling it through this unfortunately. Although it does mean no more "Oh give me a few minutes guys. I have to restart because I'm a tool and forgot to enable that extremely vital addon before the raid" nonsense.

Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 12-09-2009, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vempire View Post
Addon Control Panel

This adds an "Addons" button to your main menu. It will allow you to easily enable and disable any addons that were in your addon folder when the game was launched. So no alt-tabbing to add in another addon then enabling it through this unfortunately. Although it does mean no more "Oh give me a few minutes guys. I have to restart because I'm a tool and forgot to enable that extremely vital addon before the raid" nonsense.
I love this addon. You can set profiles too for pve, pvp, whatever

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
4 - 12-15-2009, 18:05
Querier - Addons - Curse

Makes a link from a spellid that you can then shift click to insert into your chat when typing something. I used it to link obscure abilities raids mobs would use for the rest of my guildies to see. There's also one so you can create fake achievement links.

MistaKe
VeteranX
Old
5 - 12-15-2009, 19:46
Does anyone know of how to get rid of the default Blizzard dungeon/raid flags (i.e in a five man heroic there's a red flag with a skull + a number 5)?

Last edited by MistaKe; 12-15-2009 at 19:48..
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 12-20-2009, 20:34
_NPCScan - Addons - Curse
_NPCScan.Overlay - Addons - Curse

Details: _NPCScan tracks seldom-seen rare mobs by proximity alone, making the old “/targetexact …” macros obsolete. It has the same range as those targeting macros, but you won't have to mash any buttons. Just go about your business and let _NPCScan alert you when it finds something.

_NPC Overlay shows the paths the rare spawns take on your map/mimi map.

I like using this addon, simply because it's an easy way to pick up some quick gold. Rare spawns drop roughly 20g, a BoE blue, and a stack of cloth.

Runar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 12-21-2009, 03:00
Injector: Injector : WoWInterface Downloads : Raid Mods

Very lightweight alternative to Grid + modules. Being a hardcore Grid-user I was a bit sceptic, but I will never go back to grid again. Bit of lua-editing for the config and you are set. It doesn't have text-indicators instead it's using cooldown squares like vanilla Grid, but I can't say I miss them. It's pre-configured for all Healing-classes and even supports Wild growth, Circle of Healing and Chain Heal.

Couldn't find any screenie on my Priest or Druid, so here's one from my DK-alt:

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
8 - 01-07-2010, 15:38
Tidy Plates : WoWInterface Downloads : Unit Mods
Tidy Plates: Threat Plates : WoWInterface Downloads : Plug-Ins & Patches

Threat Plates
Changes the nameplate style that is used depending on the aggro state of the NPC. Meaning that things that you don't have aggro on are big and red while things you do have aggro on are small, green and slightly transparent (or the opposite if you're DPSing). Been using it on my Paladin I'm leveling and it makes tanking easier.

Calamari
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 01-07-2010, 15:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runar View Post
Injector: Injector : WoWInterface Downloads : Raid Mods

Very lightweight alternative to Grid + modules. Being a hardcore Grid-user I was a bit sceptic, but I will never go back to grid again. Bit of lua-editing for the config and you are set. It doesn't have text-indicators instead it's using cooldown squares like vanilla Grid, but I can't say I miss them. It's pre-configured for all Healing-classes and even supports Wild growth, Circle of Healing and Chain Heal.

Couldn't find any screenie on my Priest or Druid, so here's one from my DK-alt:

What bar and minimap mod are you using there?

CandyMan
i have been denied
Contributor
Old
10 - 01-07-2010, 16:20
Used to use tidy plates/tiptac, switched to Cael and rant.

RantTooltip : WoWInterface Downloads : ToolTip

caelNameplates : WoWInterface Downloads : Graphic UI Mods

And for those of you that do the fun Faction Champs in ToC, this might make your life easier.
Faction Champion Nameplate Colors : WoWInterface Downloads : Combat Mods

Runar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 01-11-2010, 04:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
What bar and minimap mod are you using there?
dMinimap (slightly edited for the new LFG icons). dMinimap 2 : WoWInterface Downloads : Map Mods, coords/compasses

Toolbar is Bartender 4.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page The Addon Thread

Social Website Bullshit