Write-up On Midair (giant wall of text)

Game is so dead, it doesn't help that the server list doesn't refresh properly so instead of seeing 3 servers with people playing you can only see 2.

https://forums.playmidair.com/threads/major-issues-with-design-not-gameplay-no-players.3841/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Midair/comments/8kzx48/game_is_already_dead/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Midair/comments/8kmfzp/please_add_lctf_to_the_server_options/

They need to acknowledge peoples issues with the game instead of blatantly ignoring them. Not all feedback is good and i get that, but some of the suggestions theyve been given for free could really help them make the game better.

I've told them numerous times before and after release that by default if they decided to keep the unlock treee that they should give you the epack. Otherwise, it makes the first impression bad cus you have no energy to move around.

Edit: they posted on reddit a new patch should increase fps by 5-15fps. at least they responded to something.

i agree and i've said this before, but communication with the community has always been lacking and i think its an intentional decision. they've repeatedly said 'we're reading just not responding' and that's a bad way to deal with the people that you want to spend money imo. makes communication feel very ... one way (and pointless)

like, if a friend and I were at a coffee shop chatting, and they never responded to anything i say, i'm eventually gonna stop talking. they might be listening, but without a reply, it comes off as selfish, rude and disrespectful, and eventually im gonna give up trying to communicate with that person.

also '5 to 15 fps' is a strange way to measure FPS gains, as its always relative. if you get 144 fps, 5fps aint shit. if you get 20 fps, a 15 fps gain is huge. odd that cobryis would put it that way instead of saying something like 'a 5 to 15% fps gain'

but i dont want to say that to them, because they might point at it and say 'ermagerd i responded and ppl criticized me for using a pointless measurement of fps' and use it as an excuse to not respond to other stuff in the future

and that's how you end up in a place where both sides have given up on communication

wow i was going 2 make u professor emeritus and invite u to take over as head of the department of ~studies~ at youtube university but i can see u have ur hands full w/ all that privilege being used 2 crush the young lady doctors and engineers moving to *your community* looking for a chance to make something of themselves

#Sad!

I was taking notes here and there for 3 days or so, but it only really took me two days to write this, one of them being a work day.

I type and think very fast, and I really enjoyed making it. I can't play Tribes no more cus there is no Tribes, so I enjoy looking for other Tribes activities to engage in.

You all burning dozens of hours of wasted time on games every week, so... not sure why you judging. I don't have very much free time, so I like to spend it on activities that help me relax, Tribes essay being one of them. I love Tribes.

Seemingly, it's awkward for me to spend a few days of wasted effort on essay, but entirely fine for Archetype devs to spend 700 days on wasted failure game.

This is racism against essay writers.

Wut, you said your flight was 8 hours. Is this composition too short for you?

You were one of the 10+ people that put me up to this, so I suppose I can lengthen it upon request.

They need to acknowledge peoples issues with the game instead of blatantly ignoring them. Not all feedback is good and i get that, but some of the suggestions theyve been given for free could really help them make the game better.

I've told them numerous times before and after release that by default if they decided to keep the unlock treee that they should give you the epack. Otherwise, it makes the first impression bad cus you have no energy to move around.

Edit: they posted on reddit a new patch should increase fps by 5-15fps. at least they responded to something.

You a good dude Slush.

I mean, every time I'm playing this game people in global chat type in stuff like "They need to set the generators back to the way they were in T2."

Pretty much every single person playing realizes the game is busted.

Just reinforces what I wrote about the developers not listening and telling you what you should enjoy.

i agree and i've said this before, but communication with the community has always been lacking and i think its an intentional decision. they've repeatedly said 'we're reading just not responding' and that's a bad way to deal with the people that you want to spend money imo. makes communication feel very ... one way (and pointless)

like, if a friend and I were at a coffee shop chatting, and they never responded to anything i say, i'm eventually gonna stop talking. they might be listening, but without a reply, it comes off as selfish, rude and disrespectful, and eventually im gonna give up trying to communicate with that person.

also '5 to 15 fps' is a strange way to measure FPS gains, as its always relative. if you get 144 fps, 5fps aint shit. if you get 20 fps, a 15 fps gain is huge. odd that cobryis would put it that way instead of saying something like 'a 5 to 15% fps gain'

but i dont want to say that to them, because they might point at it and say 'ermagerd i responded and ppl criticized me for using a pointless measurement of fps' and use it as an excuse to not respond to other stuff in the future

and that's how you end up in a place where both sides have given up on communication

10/10 post. Entirely agree.

Devs don't listen. They don't care... they making cloaky pack game, etc...

Even noobs know their game needs huge help.

https://forums.playmidair.com/threads/major-issues-with-design-not-gameplay-no-players.3841/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Midair/comments/8kzx48/game_is_already_dead/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Midair/comments/8kmfzp/please_add_lctf_to_the_server_options/

I was pretty shocked to see them give new players the boost pack by default over energy regen. You're gimping them from the very start. Shame. Fuck unlocks in a Tribes game.

Tpk i agree in nearly all your points only thing im skeptical on is your point of reference on LT

Fair opinion from an old schooler but LT helped prolong t1 it was so fast and fun and tbh i ended up loving it more than base

It also fits the modern speed of gaming being so fast

Id love to hear groove state his opinons on LT but i guess we save the t1 talk for another thread

Tpk i <3 you man

Havax reeeeing weve never seen this before

Reeeeeeeeeee

T2 player mad he not in t1 clique :lol:

Last edited:
Honestly I just wish people would stop talking about this fucking shitstain of a "game" and let it dissolve into obscurity much quicker. Every time you bring this crapheap up again it just allows it to survive that much longer.

Make them learn from this giant mistake. Stop feeding it.

*edit* LT did nothing for "extending the game". It allowed people who were completely shit at base have a chance at playing the game. As far as it being "faster" it was not. You merely spawned with more ability. Real base players could spawn and get things done without going to an inventory with minimal issues. It's called versatility. Which LT stripped from tribes.

Last edited:
wow i was going 2 make u professor emeritus and invite u to take over as head of the department of ~studies~ at youtube university but i can see u have ur hands full w/ all that privilege being used 2 crush the young lady doctors and engineers moving to *your community* looking for a chance to make something of themselves

#Sad!

i manage about 100 mil worth of real estate now

i fucking hate ppl

Honestly I just wish people would stop talking about this fucking shitstain of a "game" and let it dissolve into obscurity much quicker. Every time you bring this crapheap up again it just allows it to survive that much longer.

Make them learn from this giant mistake. Stop feeding it.

*edit* LT did nothing for "extending the game". It allowed people who were completely shit at base have a chance at playing the game. As far as it being "faster" it was not. You merely spawned with more ability. Real base players could spawn and get things done without going to an inventory with minimal issues. It's called versatility. Which LT stripped from tribes.

that edit is so incredibly dumb

want to call me a bad base player

Yeah the nico thing is lol

Nico is a decent guy but the like slow t1 player that never picked up LT, that rants about it

Still better than a t2 player tho

Last edited:
Back