Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer. by Got Haggis? - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer.
Page 2 of 10
Hobo Wino
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 01-12-2010, 15:51
I never thought Conan was anything special, his brand of humor just hasn't been played out yet quite like Letterman or Leno

to be fair I don't watch any late night television aside from the odd Daily show or Colbert Report

Sponsored Links
--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 01-12-2010, 15:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Ratings are down because people are in bed by 10:30pm. In the old days, work was 9-5, not any more. Plus the networks pissed off half the people by making fun of Bush and supporting the left. If FOX ran a comedy show at 11pm, I'd probably watch a little of it before the actors come on to pimp their movie or book. But instead they run the local news again. I will not support left wing networks.
I started reading this post before I read who made it...I got half way through the second sentence before I figured it out. I honestly think NGFM writes the only posts I can recognize consistently without a name next to it.

Jim Beam
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 01-12-2010, 15:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
Awesome.

Conan rules, and NBC proves yet again they are run by the biggest idiots on the planet.
True. Could they actually reject Conan? I doubt Leno wants it this way. There is no way to take a franchise like the Tonight Show and make compromises. Just for that, Conan is better than sliced cheese.

Flunky
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 01-12-2010, 15:53
Quote:
I will not support left wing networks.
don't you love Man Vs. Food on the Travel Channel? Maybe you should look into who really owns Cox Communications (Cox Enterprises):

Anne Cox Chambers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In 2008 it was reported that she had become a passionate supporter of Democrat Barack Obama's presidential campaign in Georgia.
will you still watch?

Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
25 - 01-12-2010, 15:55
So does this mean we get to look forward to even more jokes about how much NBC sucks in Conan's monologue?

CarpeIppon
Veteran++
Old
26 - 01-12-2010, 15:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
so basically they took leno off the tonight show and then put him on a new show which they are moving to the same time as the tonight show

oh ok
yeah. you are in a contract for 6-7 years, at the end of which you are to takeover a specific show, and then they turn right around and sidestep you, making everything the same as it was for the past 6-7 years. unreal.

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
27 - 01-12-2010, 15:56
I watched The Godawful Jimmy Fallon Show last night for the first time for five minutes, and he took a really ****ty joke and wouldn't let it die a natural death. It just went on and on and on and on and on and on...it was the worst moment in late night television history.

GO Conan! GO Conan! GO Conan! GO Conan! GO Conan! GO Conan! GO Conan! GO Conan!

BRO-NAN BRO'BRI-YENNNNNNN

chunky munky
VeteranX
Old
28 - 01-12-2010, 15:57
Wait.. why is this Leno vs Conan?

I was under the impression that the network was crapping on both of them. No?

Jim Beam
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 01-12-2010, 15:58
Harry Reid is a racist. Rush Limbaugh is a dick. Obama is a Kenyan.

Conan is what matters most. In the worst case scenario, he can write for the Simpsons again. That would be sweet.

Fancy Cat
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 01-12-2010, 16:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Beam View Post
Harry Reid is a racist. Rush Limbaugh is a dick. Obama is a Kenyan.

Conan is what matters most. In the worst case scenario, he can write for the Simpsons again. That would be sweet.
rush limbaugh is hilarious

i hear him every now and then and his **** makes me lol

[MoM] Gort
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 01-12-2010, 16:00
Had this same conversation with my wife last night.

In short, ratings for "Tonight" have been down since Jay left, and NBC is panicking. However, they went down after Johnny left, the only difference is that when Johnny left, Johnny left, and people eventually warmed up to Jay.

Conan didn't get that chance.

Icey
VeteranX
Old
32 - 01-12-2010, 16:00
Conan has very little leverage in this situation as his contract is pretty solid and the ratings are in the ****ter. Fun to see NBC imploding, but I couldn't care less about this Conan/Leno situation.

They're both equally unfunny and deserve to be taken off the air. I'd rather watch Craig Ferguson.

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 01-12-2010, 16:01
Wat

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 01-12-2010, 16:02
Quote:
Ratings are down because people are in bed by 10:30pm. In the old days, work was 9-5, not any more. Plus the networks pissed off half the people by making fun of Bush and supporting the left. If FOX ran a comedy show at 11pm, I'd probably watch a little of it before the actors come on to pimp their movie or book. But instead they run the local news again. I will not support left wing networks.
The ratings are compared between the 2 shows, and Letterman's show has now taken a lead, a lead they haven't had against Leno for many years. It's not the total people, it's the share, so bedtimes don't matter for that.

Also, Conan's % of the younger crowd is higher, so if one show would be hurt more by people going to bed early.. it would be Letterman's.

Everyone made fun of Bush, he was the president. They make fun of Obama now, it's not a 'left wing show'. This isn't Fox News and MSNBC, come on now.

This is a retarded move and good for him for not standing for it. If Leno's #s are so bad that the affiliates nightly news shows have deemed it unacceptable.. wtf is it going to do to the Tonight Show by leading into it? And give Letterman a half hour headstart? He'd have no chance.

In an attempt to keep Leno away from other networks and to get a cheap profitable show, they've really screwed themselves. Hopefully Conan's balls to stand up to it actually helps them save themselves.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 01-12-2010, 16:03
The problem is that he can't exactly get out of the contract easily. He signed a contract to host The Tonight Show but the contracted does not include a specific time for broadcast. They'll just be moving the show to 12:05 and make Conan work from that slot. Fox has been looking at getting Conan but they can't do anything until Conan is out of his contract with NBC similar to what Letterman had to go through to get to CBS. I can easily see NBC doing the same to Conan as they did to Letterman.

JohnMcClane
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 01-12-2010, 16:04
See Conan, this is what happens when you move to California. Never would have happened if he stayed in NYC.

NEVER. EVER.

Icey
VeteranX
Old
37 - 01-12-2010, 16:06
Oh man, that would mean Conan would just have to stay home and live off his millions until he was freed from his no-compete clause.

God that would be awful.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 01-12-2010, 16:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Conan has very little leverage in this situation as his contract is pretty solid and the ratings are in the ****ter. Fun to see NBC imploding, but I couldn't care less about this Conan/Leno situation.

They're both equally unfunny and deserve to be taken off the air. I'd rather watch Craig Ferguson.
While Ferguson has certainly become more entertaining as his time on The Late Late Show has progressed, he's not funnier than Conan. Sure, he's funnier than Leno but Kimmel is as well.

Jim Beam
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 01-12-2010, 16:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MoM] Gort View Post
Had this same conversation with my wife last night.

In short, ratings for "Tonight" have been down since Jay left, and NBC is panicking. However, they went down after Johnny left, the only difference is that when Johnny left, Johnny left, and people eventually warmed up to Jay.

Conan didn't get that chance.
This is a great point. He did get that chance when he first started on Late Night. But, he obviously deserves it again. The man is... He is the funniest person I can think of.

Quote:
01-12-2010 04:00 PM
I'll take Ferguson over Fallon anyday. I like his show, but he runs jokes further into the ground than Conan ever did.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 01-12-2010, 16:13
Jimmy Fallon is actually pretty good...reminds me of when Conan first started. Plus he usually has great musical guests and hell, even lots of video game industry people. Plus..the roots are his house band.

Page 2 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
free ▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀ , http://bit.ly/7amuml