Irql_not_less_or_equal

Skyler

Contributor
Veteran XV
Does anyone get this blue screen? Up until now it seemed sound related..because in the past I have been able to delete my sound drivers in order to get past this error, but now I can't. Any time I log onto my warrior (in Ironforge auctionhouse), I get that blue screen message.

I can fix it by logging onto my laptop and getting him out that way, but I wish I knew what was going on with my main computer.

Microsoft/Google searches don't bring up any reliable information. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!

I had that problem recently sent me crazy, found out my motherboard was broken.

I hope yours isnt that bad.

I would suggest getting driver cleaner (i think its shaeware??) or a similar program, and reinstalling all your drivers, motherboard, video, LAN, sound was the order i was told i believe.

If that doesnt help get some stress testing programs to try and determine what if any hardware is/could be at fault.

If you're using a Lynksis LNE100TX Fast Ethernet card (or similar) I suggest replacing it with a different brand. I had the same problem and replaced the card, I no longer get any blue screens or restarts.

try different video card drivers, thats what i had to do when i got this error anytime i tried to alt tab out of a game.

Ok, so far we've had a Mobo malfunction, a NIC error, and a video card driver problem thrown out there.

Nah, you're hard drive is fucked. Check that out first.

Just buy a whole new computer. :bigthumb:

I had the same issue, and it was the shitty on board sound card in the system. Actually, it was the old ass shitty drivers. I actually had to go as far as to load up the dumpchk.exe to find it. Check your sound card drivers and upgrade if you can.

I've seen like 50 posts on it being the Linksys network card, so I downloaded fabricated drivers for it, and haven't crashed yet.

Though- I only crash indoors when accepting quests.

Its basically a standard bluescreen which can be caused by a shitload of different things. Can be caused by heat, bad motherboard, bad USB ports, NIC, and finally (in my case) bad RAM in your dual channel.

Back