Question, reviving pets.

PapaSmurf

Veteran X
I'm a lvl 12 dwarf hunter and my pets got lost or died or whatever, I went to tame another, and it said I had too many pets.

I'm assuming you revive it somewhere? If so, where would that be.

When your pets dies all you have to do is use Revive Pet. Now if you try to tame another pet, you will still have to revive the dead pet and release it before you tame another one.

PapaSmurf said:
hmm, so wehere is this "revive pet" button on the scree, in my skills tab thingeh?

Yes...blow your whisle first he might not be dead. To tame another pet you must either stable that pet and buy another slot or abandon your pet.

Out of curiosity: I'm thinking of getting the game in january and I'll most likely play a hunter (cos that's what I played in the last stress and it was lots of fun); did they add any new pet skills? There was just Claw, Bite and Cower (and Growl ) last time I checked, even though the creature you were fighting seemed to have other skills, those were the only ones you could get.
It was also a bit annoying to have to tame other pets to get the additional skills that your current one didn't have. Is that still how it works?

EDIT: All you have is a taming rod?
Er... I'm not sure if they changed it for retail (I doubt they have), but you need to complete the pet quests if all you have is the training rod. When you receive the rod, they should tell you "go capture x creature and come back to me." You'll do this 3 times, and then you'll receive the basic pet commands like feed pet and all that, and then there was another mini quest that gave you the revive pet ability.
Or something like that; anyhow, the point is that you shouldn't have the taming rod, you should have a "Tame Beast" skill.

Last edited:
Well I think pets abilites are based on what race/beast they are

To answer your second question, all I thought I had was a taming rod, but obviously not, o btw I finished the quest, just odn't know where to find all these revive pet abilities and such (in the interface)

Gl getting the game by the way

revive pet and all that stuff is in your spellbook. i'm a hunter too and it took me awhile to find out all the different commands necessary for using a pet. try call pet and if that doesnt work then just click revive pet found in your spellbook. you wont permanently lose your pet.

Back