[ATTENTION NEWCOMERS] DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION OF TRIBES IN HERE

Alright another question. If i wanted to say, use the hud and skins from milk man's tribes, how would i go about putting it in the 1.4 version?

Just someone have a working server config that they can upload somewhere? Preferably one that is being used on the active servers right now?

Just got Tribes1.4.655, extracted, ran Tribes.exe, got an error message:
"Tribes.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
"The procedure entry point getaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll."
Applied the sp1, same error. I'm running Windows2000+SP4. File ws2_32.dll is in system32 directory. Copied it to the Tribes folder, still error.
But my old version (1.11) runs OK (from my folder backup on disc).
Any ideas to try to make new one work?

well that is a new problem and u gave a pretty comprehensive description

hopefully someone can help u soon

good luck!

:heart:

getaddrinfo did not exist before XP.

getaddrinfo Function (Windows)

The getaddrinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and later. To execute an application that uses this function on earlier versions of Windows, then you need to include the Ws2tcpip.h and Wspiapi.h files. When the Wspiapi.h include file is added, the getaddrinfo function is defined to the WspiapiGetAddrInfo inline function in the Wspiapi.h file. At runtime, the WspiapiGetAddrInfo function is implemented in such a way that if the Ws2_32.dll or the Wship6.dll (the file containing getaddrinfo in the IPv6 Technology Preview for Windows 2000) does not include getaddrinfo, then a version of getaddrinfo is implemented inline based on code in the Wspiapi.h header file. This inline code will be used on older Windows platforms that do not natively support the getaddrinfo function.

Zlex
bow.gif

Plasmatic
icon_help.gif

Last edited:
mouse control has issues. like, big movements are fine but small movements basically don't register. anyone else have the problem and is there a fix?

Yep. In the works Swordfish. I'd like to complete the 1.40.655 console.cs code so we don't run into the same mess again. The bootstrap functions were intended to be temporary.

Zlex, any way to patch it for 2000 and 98? Not sure if 1.40.655 allows for mem.dll type extensions yet.

MaD_ReBeL - No idea, more information on your system would be helpful. Have you tried another mouse yet?

logitech g700 win7 x64 ... idk. never had this problem with anything else. i'm wagering it has something to do with mouse acceleration so i guess i'll disable that in a profile and play with that a bit.

maybe tribe's can't handl a 3600dpi or idk maybe i'm polling to fast? my gaming profile is set to 1000 updates per second.

idk, kinda boggled.

Back