Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows. by The Magical Zoo - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.
Page 8 of 11
BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
141 - 09-15-2017, 21:18
my only beef is calling them esports

is chess considered a sport? or speedsolving rubik's cubes?

Sponsored Links
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
142 - 09-15-2017, 21:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
There needs to be a search feature where people can compare this to the number of times It's been said, but that kind of algorithm would break everything.
all the good posters are gone

you only come here because you paid for 10 years of membership

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
143 - 09-15-2017, 21:21
pot committed

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
144 - 09-15-2017, 21:25
LOL

might as well call

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 09-15-2017, 21:27
Ya I don't like the term eSports either but it is what it is

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
146 - 09-15-2017, 22:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
my only beef is calling them esports

is chess considered a sport? or speedsolving rubik's cubes?
or driving a car (nascar,f1)
or riding a horse (equestrian)
or sled (louge)
or swinging at a ball every 20 mins while your assistant does 10x more physical work (golf)
or the same but running a few yards (baseball)

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 09-15-2017, 22:33
i know you nerds want the same validation as real athletes, but i'm just not going to give it to you

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
148 - 09-15-2017, 22:38
competitive starcraft is great to watch. those nerds work for every game.

unfortunately video game difficulty can always be adjusted to be easier. unlike athletic sports where competition often gets stiffer, competitive video games keep getting easier and more accessible. starcraft, quake, a lot of great games have disappeared from the western scene, replaced with ****ty mobas and card games

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
149 - 09-15-2017, 22:38

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
150 - 09-15-2017, 23:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniggs View Post
competitive starcraft is great to watch. those nerds work for every game.

unfortunately video game difficulty can always be adjusted to be easier. unlike athletic sports where competition often gets stiffer, competitive video games keep getting easier and more accessible. starcraft, quake, a lot of great games have disappeared from the western scene, replaced with ****ty mobas and card games
Well, it depends on what kind of game we're talking about.

Also, generally in eSports we're talking about competitive gaming, where it's user vs. user. In this day and age the limitations of computers isn't a deciding factor on who has an edge, unless someone's actively cheating or being a general douche-bag that people are sometimes banned from competitive gaming over it.

Even before the increase in gaming as a sport, interest in such things took root decades ago when places like Twin Galaxies started garnering interest in people who were godlike good in Arcade games, then sites like Speed Demo Archives came up and branched out into console games.

Even the history of each game is unique and different, and very interesting to learn about. People dissect the single player games into these crazy little parts where they can determine how exactly the game code is working to such a degree that they can break the games in the craziest of ways.

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ePi38LnrA

The fact that over the course of several years players were constantly trying to find a way to beat Super Mario 64 with 0 stars seemed impossible, the game just wouldn't allow it -- until someone figured out that you could break the game entirely.

Or beating Ocarina of Time without picking up the sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qyr01cOFfk

At any rate, it's interesting to see games get absolutely lambasted through their technical disassembling or the skill needed to do it on a working console.

It's a big reason why things like AGDQ are so popular, a combination of nostalgia and people just playing great games and beating them in some of the craziest ways possible.

Or we get things like recoding games like Super Mario World to run arbitrary code:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB6eY73sLV0

Last edited by [MD5]Hash; 09-15-2017 at 23:30..
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
151 - 09-15-2017, 23:27
clearly you are not aware of the rampant PED use in esports ****!

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
152 - 09-15-2017, 23:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
I'll add some color to this.
With the video gaming thing, I'm down with that. In 1999, Tribes was very hot, and demos were commodities. People would watch demos, critique them, and then others would comment and chime in, occasionally there would be fights about how so-and-so did with LD on RD against (whatever team). It was a furball of activity, with everyone wondering how/if [IE] would ever be beaten.

That was nearly 20 years ago.

At this point, as humans, it's very normal to spend expendable time watching celebrities learning to dance, watching humans compete at all forms, and it's even acceptable (talk-shows) to watch, and then talk about, watching humans have a conversation. Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern have how many people listen to them just talk to somebody? Jimmy Kimmel has a camera and makes zillions with people that want to watch him have a conversation with somebody they are interested in.

On the other hand. Video games are still kind of new, and for mainstream, watching someone skilled at a video game is new. Watching someone that is good at a video game is like watching a skilled welder or roofer, or anyone that is good at something.

I think video game demos are the future-- do you really think a player like Opsayo would have gotten as good as he did without demos? He cried about getting demos, he solicited everybody, he sent me countless pm's about wanting WarNipple demos. Jesus.

What I'm saying is that in the end, Opsayo was one of the best, I'll ascribe to that. Backtracking, how many demos did Natural get to watch? He didn't, because he was figuring things that Opsayo never had to.

Cliffs: watching video games isn't going away.
welcome 2 my sig

racist calculus rv smart person

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 09-16-2017, 00:03
classic sports will devolve into what happened to jousting in a few decades:

cry nerd/sperg/autist all you want but it is inevitable. the nerds always win

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
154 - 09-16-2017, 00:05
as long as u admit it's devolution i think we can call this a successful thread

Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
155 - 09-16-2017, 05:02
Happy and Ztir are such cucks.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
156 - 09-16-2017, 12:26
I don't even know what esports are, is that LoL and SC2?

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
157 - 09-16-2017, 15:07
i like how tele and superturd manage to yet again mangle another thread with stupid ****

society is growing up on tablets and technology, there will always be a competitive video game that draws money and attention that this new culture will flock to

there is opportunity now for individuals to earn a solid income over 6 figures based on organization salaries, contracts, sponsorships and event winnings.

yankee does this **** with world of ****ing tanks yet i guess its cool tho for him because tw autism ????

if you can earn a living in this great free country doing what you love then i admire that

Last edited by blackpeople; 09-16-2017 at 15:10..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
158 - 09-16-2017, 15:18
i like how blackpeople is like so many pages behind

last to catch up after much time has passed and nobody is talking about that anymore

rather fitting to his persona and pretty much all blackpeople in general

Last edited by Captain Tele; 09-16-2017 at 15:21..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
159 - 09-16-2017, 15:19
what i found amusing is how ztir thinks this is a legit career option for kids in the future

that explains soooooooooooooooooooooooo much

really all i ever needed to know as a final exclamation mark

i am going to just go with the more secure prospect of winning the lottery to fall back on

maybe tell kids in school they should be a professional instagram model and youtuber instead

Last edited by Captain Tele; 09-16-2017 at 15:22..
KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
160 - 09-16-2017, 15:25
Ugh anything is a career if you can make money

I mean there are bitcoin miners now as a full time career

Page 8 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Men ages 18 to 25 prefer watching eSports to traditional sports or TV shows.

Social Website Bullshit