Chat problem

Xml V2.0

Veteran XV
For some odd reason my drop down chat menu has completely disappeared. I can still send out global or team messages, but the menu itself is gone.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it back to being visible?
I am using 1.40

not sure exactly where you mean

like, where you input your chat to talk to other people?

or the VGS menu popup menu

or where you see other people talk

are you using a chatmenu replacement of some sort? some will cause this

TBH the only thing that comes to mind is a chatmenu replacement of some sort (H.Chatmenu, or greyhounds scriptGL chatmenu both break the VGS chat popup)

other than that i dunno

I'll look into both of those Groove. I am stumped as well. I can still send out global/team messages, but can't see the drop down...weird. I appreciate your help.

r u using scriptGL? maybe one of these vars got changed somehow?

$ScriptGL::Chathud::InputVisible = "False";
$ScriptGL::ChatHud::Show = "True";
$ScriptGL::ChatHud::ShowInput = "True";

?

(i dunno, reaching pretty hard here, i just exported all the vars and searched for 'chat' and those came up)

I'm not sure what it was. It was some folder in modules, some hud folder i think. i removed them all and put in a fresh config. It's working now. Thanks for the help. But something weird just happened when i was in game. It was like my config froze. I had no movement, no chat. All i could do was jumpjet...lol Restarted tribes and works again. I dunno.

i used to get that occasionally, and it would work if i reloaded config.cs

probably some script derping things up

glad 2 hear u fixed ur chats :)

Appreciate your insight. It was easier to fix any problems in my 1.11 config. 1.40 has too much going on for me. I'm old and don't have the time to run through every script. Well....i do but i'm lazy.

if its an earlier version of one of my configs there are definitely some huge derps

even later ones

the one i'm using is pretty refined but i never really got around to making it release-ready

Well then you need to remedy that problem kind sir! I am a patient man. Release when ready.

Yes early derping version 1.40. It rides smooth, but now and again a bump or two.

the latest one i released was the T2012 config, if it's that one i dunno why it derps but anything earlier than that is derpy4sure

unless for some reason you can't run ScriptGL, i stopped updating the non-scriptGL one a long long time ago (in a galaxy far far away)

I don't have that one. I will peep it for sure. I have only been using 1.40 for a few weeks now, so i'm still new to it all. It all seems to be working fine, except for those few small problems i've had. I have been using the "stock leak," so that may be the cause of it all. But i am definately gonna dl your T2012 config.

im actually gonna do a little update on the T2012 config right now so don't download it until tomorrow if you're gonna

there's a longstanding bug that always bothered me, i fixed it a while ago but never uploaded so this thread reminded me to do it

I think its a thing with 5150. I've been using 5150 voice pack for a while and its the only chat script that does that to me.

Then again maybe you should just get better and remember all the chat functions that are of actual relevance.

Back