Midair Alpha Launching 26th March

It's people that want to reinvent the wheel, or are so trendy that everything has to be minimalistic to the point where it looks like it's made for toddlers. I miss old games attention to detail. Just boot up Quake 1 and Gothic 2. Old, outdated technology, but the world feels alive and the design is awesome because it's not just an ugly model with a color slapped on. It had some effort put into it. It had a fucking texture.

Don't confuse graphics with aesthetics.

I would say it's a matter of both actually. Graphics because having a detailed texture is related to... graphics, and they are too lazy to detail it, and aesthetics because most devs today think it's cool to make everything look like a flash game. They are both lazy and have a bad eye for design.

The graphics, art style, and sound effects really put me off. Haven't made my mind up on the gameplay yet. I'll give it another chance occasionally or whenever it comes out of "beta"

I hope they fix that light armor's head. I mean just give the guy a helmet if you can't do faces or heads.

Are you seriously expecting AAA graphics from amateur developers? They're not really professionals ... keep that in mind.

Are you seriously expecting AAA graphics from amateur developers? They're not really professionals ... keep that in mind.
That's what I have to hear every single time some devs can't design a game properly. Look at this game, this is something that non-AAA companies can make while having a great art style and graphics with effort put into them. It actually looks good because some effort was put into giving it some detail:

DUSK (PC) Gameplay (Oldschool Quake-like FPS!) - YouTube

As a gamedev myself, despite my game looking bad because I can't be great at doing everything, I at least do my best in trying to not make it look like shit. So when you play my game you'll think at least think that it doesn't look great instead of thinking that I was lazy. Just accept that there are a lot of devs today that are in the game industry just for the money and they don't really give a shit about games. Plus, they were actually paid to make the game. They have a team. Some don't even have that luxury. Some work alone.

Last edited:
agreed.

its not 'art direction' if its really just the skill limitation of your modelers / artists

theres minimalist games done well and theres minimalist games that are that way because of lack of skill / talent

i distinctly remember 3 sets of minimum specs, basically the better gpu you had, the worse cpu you needed.

P2 300MHz- GF, GF2, Viper II, ATI Rage 128
P2 400MHz- TNT, TNT2, Radeon, G400&450, V3
P3 500MHz- V2, 4, 5, Permedia 3

Last edited:
So much crying T1 will never happen again time to move on and try something new......Will maybe buy tomorrow to give it a shot

Last edited:
ya prolly

also i kid about fps a bit cuz i should probably get more than i do with my poopy hardware

but it can be scaled down to run p decent on garbage hardware

whether or not ppl pay, i think most on TW will at least free to play it when it comes out officially whenever that is

unknown.png

11pm on a thursday

gg

Back