College Football 2017-2018

Bama over OSU is fine, don't get housed by Iowa if you want to go to the playoffs. OSU over Bama also would have been fine.

Last edited:
Can't stand Herbstreit, but that is pretty sensationalist. He said numerous times that OSU would likely get in, but that Alabama was better--not sure why he'd be getting shit. Jesse Palmer was way more vocal in defense of OSU if you watched the playoff show.

Why Herbie is a shithead:
Scott Torgersons Story: Columbus Loses Prominent Voice Amidst Undefeated Season | Bleacher Report

The article doesn't mention that Torg reported on Herbie's widely reported infidelity at the time--and that in response Herbie essentially got him fired for racism for: Earlier this month, Torgerson posted on his Twitter account that ESPN broadcaster and former Michigan standout Desmond Howard should "get fired or die so that I can watch Gameday again." If you've ever listened to Desmond Howard stutter through Gameday, you probably agree.

8 is too many teams and too many games.

Make it 6 give top 2 byes.

Or just scrap it and go back to the old system pre-BCS.

Yea making 8 of the top teams add another game is ridiculous. 14 games instead of 13 will be very disruptive to these poor students.

Oh I don't give a shit about how it impacts the academic side, I think the quality of play might suffer some.

Also the more teams make it in the less the regular season matters. When you get wrecked by a team like Iowa that should matter for national title implications. That is part of the fun of the larger CFB season, one bad loss can ruin a season.

Watch the Herm Edwards press conference :lol:

"We don't huddle any more. In our society, we don't huddle. That's the problem!" - Herm Edwards on "the problem." Apparently solvable by huddling.

Watch the Herm Edwards press conference :lol:

"We don't huddle any more. In our society, we don't huddle. That's the problem!" - Herm Edwards on "the problem." Apparently solvable by huddling.

Also had some ramblings about his Catholic values when a reporter said he was from Devils Digest or something.

Herm might not even know what the school mascot is...

i like herbstreit tbh

but that loss to iowa was disqualifying.

i read some article or forum post i cant remember, but it said instead of having a set 4-6 team playoff is having a flex setup for years like this. where you would either have a play-in type bowl game or if there is a complete standout #1 have a 1st week bye. it would really just depend on the end of the year rankings.

ok peeps, college football bowl pickem is officially open for business!!!

Capital One Bowl Mania - ESPN - Group: This game challenges you to ...
pw: goatse

2016 Results:
1 Rev_NightRev_Night 622
2 skizz29skizz29 607
3 WarBuddhaFitznothing 579
4 FIRE BRIAN KELLYespn42657700 575
5 Esteban_VillaSPNirology 566
6 cheezitbdubbers 559
7 AdroitWOFNAdroit 539
8 tw.cancerericluk 531
9 Tyco 1Tyco 523
10 Goshin's bird chestespn31540585 522
11 haunt1haunt.tw 518
12 tribalwarAlways-HI 504
13 [N]PRIME189fsuprime 480
14 AzoozooAzoozoo 459
15 go buffs!MadHat_Sam 347

#FSU being incredibly cheap w/ Taggart. Came very close to blowing negotiations today. Sources say Those close to program would not be happy with Charlie Strong as a fallback choice.
9 replies 45 retweets 33 likes
PCreight‏Verified account @PCreighton1
53m53 minutes ago

Source: #Ducks coach Willie Taggart almost called off meeting w/ #FSU after they only upped offer to $4.1M. Was furious considering $$ being paid to other HCs (Frost $5M, Mullen $6M) His agent asking for 5 yrs at $5M. @boatsanddroz @sportschop @sbnationradio @1029TheGame

Gotta love that 20+ million is cheap now for college coaches. What are we supposed to pay the players with?

Funny little tangent:

Peyton Manning is currently house hunting in Cleveland

Excuse me for being an idiot, but what is wrong with charlie strong at fsu? He did great at UF with their defense being perpetually highly ranked. He did great at Louisville. True, he did crap at Texas with not doing a very good jobs recruiting the local high schools. But he knows Florida like the back of his hand, and hes doing very good at USF. Wouldn't FSU be an ideal fit for him? He knows every florida school in the state

Back