Lich King..

We do phase 1 a lot differently. We have our pally MT tank the ghouls and shamblerss off to the side and have people who get the plague run over. He keeps it bouncing himself. He constantly taunts the ghouls over to himself when they spawn.

Once the transition phase comes in he tanks whatever is left off to the side and eventually the plague kills everything all on its own if done right. After that he and our druid tank swap roles and pally tanks LK while druid taunts the remaining 1-2 spirits in phase 2.

My new guild does this, it's obviously how they intended it.

So I joined a guild group that was spamming for a resto druid in trade chat the other day (they had 8 kingslayers there) and we 1-shot the first 3 on hardmode as well as rotface (which we 9-manned since the other pug died within the first 20 seconds and my res was down). We wiped once on festergut (though it was to a normal-mode mistake) and wiped once on blood queen hard mode.

Those ones all seemed super easy... maybe I was just really carried by those kids tho :)

Unfortunately it was 3AM server by the time we killed Dreamwalker so we stopped and I didn't get Kingslayer. :(

Once you've done them once they aren't too bad, it's learning the first time that can be rough. If 8+ people know what they're doing it's easy to teach 2 others to not fuck up, when 2 know and 8 are learning it's a different story.

Last week was my first week of hardmodes and though we got 8 down it took ~7 hours over 2 nights. This week we cleared 6 in 2.5 hours one day and another 2 plus attempts at a 3rd in 90 minutes. This week the only ones one of my raids wiped on were Marrowgar and Saurfang (until we changed to 2 healers and 1shot it). My 2nd raid wiped to Marrowgar and spent more than an hour attempting Blood Prince Council with 2 ranged in the raid with no luck. 2nd raid with 5 ranged DPS made it (and all other encounters besides Dreamwalker) look easy, and 6 of the 10 players were in both raids.

Back