[T1] LoDFix Plugin

Heyyyy, I downloaded a fresh install of 1.40, updated the .exe to 1.41, but the plugins like NoGreenLines.dll and LoDFix.dll don't work!! I put the +p blahblah into the shortcut like i am supposed to and still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Just straight into Tribes/, no need to put it into the plugins folder? Do I leave the other plugins in the plugin folder or do I put those in Tribes/? Nvm, put that in the folder and BAM everything works! Thanks!!

no need for shortcuts, just put this into ur tribes folder rasadhlp.dll (4.5 KB) free instant download - FileTrip

unless you are using win8 or win10 in which case u need this .exe Index of /141 and u should move scriptgl.dll (if u are going to use it) from tribes root folder to plugins and also use rasadhlp.dll from above

i recommend the registry fix instead of the .exe for fixing the plugin issue in win8/10 (altho it seems everyone still uses the .exe cause derp)

registry fix = better cause:

- it affects all tribes.exe's on your system
- there's already too many damn modified exes out there
- you don't have to move scriptGL.dll around if u change .exes
- i never released a 1.40 version of the pluginfix .exe so there was no way to use stock 1.40 with plugins under 8 or 10

- loads plugins last where they have full access to all variables and functions that have been loaded like they always were before my kinda sketchy bad .exe fix

da master if u r looking at stuff like this would u mind making a Tribes install thread that can be stickied in tribes talk?

one with several different cosmetic tribes installs that have been released and all the fixes and stuff people shuld know about

clientprefs screensize, vsync, this registry fix, netset, the plugin autoloader etc

i wuld do this ezily but too many threads already

no retard i meant a thread it takes 5 minutes to make

if u want to do it please do if not i guess i will but idk if ill get everything good

i keep meaning to write up a quick thing about Tribes plugins and how they work (IE why you need rasadhlp.dll, why you need the registry fix in 8/10, that we basically use plugins in 1.40 the way we used mem.dll in previous versions, etc)

hopefully to make it clear to new users that they need to do a few things to make plugins work on a stock install (install the rasadhlp autoloader & the registry fix if on 8/10)

it's tricksy cause some installs have the pluginfix .exe and rasadhlp.dll already, others only have rasadhlp, some dont have 1.41, some custom guis remove the version number so you dont know if you have 1.40/1.41 etc etc

tumblr_m3usukT0fN1qahvwuo1_500.gif

Back