Anyone else picking up Total war Shogun 2? by Dr. Love - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Anyone else picking up Total war Shogun 2?
Page 5 of 7
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
81 - 03-21-2011, 18:55
Even on Normal I am surprised how much of a dick the enemy is. Attacking me from like 2-3 sides at the same time and all that. Jerks.

Sponsored Links
Pride
VeteranX
Old
82 - 03-21-2011, 22:11
Picked up the on sale version from Amazon as well.

mandarb
The Real Spiderman++
Old
83 - 03-21-2011, 22:17
Do the ****ing Geishas have 100% chance at assassination in this one too? Assassins are what usually ruin the game for me. The Geisha thing in Shogun and the "hey lets send 100 assassins per round" in M2TW.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
84 - 03-21-2011, 22:19
So far my Ninjas haven ever had more than like a 20% chance of assassination and haven't been successful yet.

travelyan
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
85 - 03-22-2011, 00:26
i keep having instances where i'm slightly losing a battle, and i have a unit standing at the ready, cavalry for instance... then i click them to give an order and they flee immediately. like "us? oh, no thank you". i actually rage quit over that one. why does the AI do that

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
86 - 03-22-2011, 00:28
The AI seems OK for the most part, but I question it's effectiveness when a map has a narrow bridge, and a wide landbridge maybe 20-30 seconds to side and they proceed to march their entire army over the narrow ass bridge. I was outnumbered like 3 to 1 and totally decimated them.

Tryp
VeteranX
Old
87 - 03-22-2011, 01:12
Game is ****ing awesome, and actually pretty challenging on "hard". Surprising because I usually pull dick moves and win in TW games.. this time it's the computer doing that to me.

DevilsRonin
Veteran4
Old
88 - 03-22-2011, 05:05
The multiplayer clan battles are pretty cool. I hope they fix some bugs in the system soon though.

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
89 - 03-22-2011, 09:47
So how does the clan mode work? Is that different from the multiplayer campaign mode?

Dr. Love
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 03-22-2011, 12:06
A tip I picked up, never ever ever attack your vassal because it's attacking you're coop partner bridude. Then it becomes a everybody hates Tokugawa moment.

Pride
VeteranX
Old
91 - 03-22-2011, 12:08
From what I've gathered, clan mode is like a giant FFA on Japan and the top two ranking clans for a set time period (days) move to a higher bracket or tier and the bottom four (?) move to a lower tier. The only way to conquer provinces is by fighting other players in land, sea, or siege battles. If you win you get the province, if you lose the other players (clan) get the particular province they were gunning for.

Also, is anyone else experiencing an issue with battle replays not saving properly?

DevilsRonin
Veteran4
Old
92 - 03-22-2011, 19:11
Me and Prides progress so far in dominating our current tier in clan competition. We are the DeathFaceSquad, the dark blue-ish purple areas.

We are in tier 8 (bottom of the pyramid) currently hold 7 provinces and are leading this tier. Pretty inactive tier, though hopefully once this season is over the next one has more active clans. Right now we're working on taking away the provinces of the Combattenti della clan(green).

Pretty fun so far. Definitely a more interesting multi-player than previous TW games. There are some bugs they need to patch out though for sure.

And here is a picture of me!

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
93 - 03-22-2011, 19:16
clan Tribalwar will womp ******s

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
94 - 03-22-2011, 19:28
Yeah I am definitely interested in the multiplayer. I haven't messed with it at all yet.

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
95 - 03-22-2011, 19:29
If I wasn't broke I would get this. someone friend it to me

Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
96 - 03-22-2011, 20:44
Out of I would guess 10 or 12 online matches I have yet to lose. People are really terrible online.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 03-22-2011, 20:49
Does higher ground give you an advantage at all? I feel like your archers should get a range buff or something but it doesn't seem like that is true.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
98 - 03-22-2011, 20:55
more range, more morale for troops on higher ground

travelyan
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
99 - 03-22-2011, 22:38
my frame rate was bad in the demo but full game i can set everything on ultra no problem

no idea why that is

much more enjoyable with the bells and whistles turned on

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
100 - 03-22-2011, 22:54
That is how I beat the historical battle in the demo. I pulled all my armies that could make it to higher ground in the lower left corner. Put the pike dudes up front and archers behind them. Once they engaged the front line I sent samuri around to assist and cav went after all the long range ******s.

Page 5 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Anyone else picking up Total war Shogun 2?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
a thread goshin posted in , but goshin didnt start