has anyone tried this char manager?

I loaded it up last night. It's pretty cool, but don't let that skill queue fool you. I loaded up a bunch of little 1 hour - 2 hour skills to get out of the way overnight, since I thought it would log in, select train skill, and log out. I thought that was the whole purpose of entering your login name/pass, but I guess it's just so the program can get your stats off of eve-insider. Luckily my dogs woke me up early, so I only lost 3 hours of training time.

Yeah I use it. It's good for when I dont want to log in just to check a skill. Other than that I just check out the skill tree to see what they do and check the logical progressions etc.

It's not necessary, but convenient at times.

I just started using it. Very, very convienent for checking skills and progressions and setting a schedule. I've got 6-7 skills lined up for the next week so I know exactly when I'll be ready to do whatever. It includes all your info and I really reccomend people to at least try it.

BEAST420 said:
buize try this link

edit: the updated skills file isnt complete, I think I deleted the original file
Hopefully that one will have more up to date ECM, mine, from the original link, doesn't recognize rapid fire skill.

Fuck didn't. :hrm: I hope someone updates that program soon.

Last edited:
The char manager is excellent.

What it does is connects with eve servers to get real time info on what you're attribs are, current state, blah blah.

It then shows you when your currect train is done in a convienant graph at hte bottom, and allows you to plan out all your skills in an easy drop down menu. It'll remind you that certain skills have pre req's amd put them in que before the skill you selected. It'll tell you when you'll finish training all the skills selected via hte graph at the bottom and the simple menu/list of all your skills you picked.

I've found that apply the patch breaks the program, so I only add the updated skills to the bugger. I dont think Im missing much in the version history.

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=character+manager+eve

The above google search will give you a tiny pick of what it looks like. Eve-i has been down for some reason so you cant actually get a full view of it.

Updated skills and ship files now available - Provided by Fission and hosted by me :)

Skills.xml file (Right click, save as)

Ships.pak File (zip format, need to unzip - my free file host does not allow .pak files)

Both files should be placed in the c:\program files\ffe\character manager\data folder. Tested it out and works fine.

Changes:
Skills
<version>26b</version>
<comment>v26b - 13/07/05 Capital Construction Techniques renamed. Archaeology spelling error corrected.- Gil</comment>
<comment>v26a - 11/07/05 Some corrections made to non-market skills</comment>
<comment>v26 - 07/07/05 Cold War skills added - Updated by Yeggstry and Gilgamoth</comment>
<comment>v25 - Version skipped due to users posting their own copies</comment>
<comment>v24 - 12/04/05 added new EW and missile specialization skills by alpis - Corrected by Gil</comment>
<comment>v23 - 19/02/05 corrected repair drone skill id - Gil</comment>
<comment>v22 - 03/02/05 added industrial contruction skill</comment>
<comment>v21 - 02/02/05 added repair drone operation, change black market desc., and fixed naming issue: Gallentean starship engineering, and fixed some tagging</comment>
<comment>v20 - 30/01/05 added new transport ship skill, corrected tagging</comment>
<comment>v19 - 22/01/05 added new starbase skills</comment>
<comment>V18 - 21/01/05 added skill IDs</comment>
<comment>V17 - 30/11/04 fixed some naming issues: Battlecruiser + Detroyer+s</comment>
<comment>V16 - 24/11/04 Added Mining Barge/Ice Harvesting/Ice processing Skills</comment>
<comment>v15 - 14/10/04 changed requirement for Focus to Iron Will instead of Analytical Mind></comment>
<comment>v14 - 05/10/04 added Black Market Trading, Mnemonics</comment>
<comment>v13 - 04/10/04 new skill datasource and structure implemented</comment>

Cool dealio mooks, now to the not to terribly bright among us, you know, Coylter, Adrian, NATMav, you know, those neanderthals, what do do with these files.

I mean, I know of course, but I want to make sure those other types know also.

:worried:

The datafiles force my char manger to crash.

I reccomend that you just put in the new skills into the data folder. The fixes the pach files give are for small errors if you check the version history.

It crashed mine too. I think I discovered a method of installing that allows use of these updated files without crashing.
Code:
Back up if you want. Uninstall it.  Delete directory also.

Reinstall the program, but dont run it yet. 

Run the 169 patch but dont run it yet. 

Copy ships.pak and skills.xml (from WrathChild's post) over to /data. 

Now open it and proceed as normal.

It hasn't crashed for me, try it out yourself :)

Thanks for those updated files.

Hasn't crashed for me - I renames the old files first in case I needed to restore them, then copied the new files in. Perhaps there is some error with overwriting them?

K-Rex said:
Cool dealio mooks, now to the not to terribly bright among us, you know, Coylter, Adrian, NATMav, you know, those neanderthals, what do do with these files.

I mean, I know of course, but I want to make sure those other types know also.

:worried:

Yes... what do do?

The more I play with this, the more features I discover. Like MrMeikel said - the ship fitter will list all ships you can currently pilot. If you switch over to "all ships" view, and right click a ship you want, you have an option to queue up all skills needed to pilot that ship.

When you're looking at a skill, the window in the bottom right has a "what if?" tab that will tell you how much time you will save if you modify one or both of the attributes aligned with that skill.

There is a schedule planner program as well that lets you set what times you are doing other things like work or school, and can help to arrange your training schedule around times you can't be online to start a new skill train.

There is an "IGB" item as well - In game browser. This launches a small window with some really cool features. It can be configured to a localhost name and port, so I'm not sure exactly what all functionality I'm missing, but it still has some cool features such as displaying your skill queue, a training time report that lists all skills trainable sorted by amount of time needed to train to the next level, and even a mineral calculator.

Back