The Drawing Thread

MC Hamster said:
Not an artist myself, but I've always been impressed by the work of a friend (and my old boss):

lilith.jpg

He's got a bunch of stuff online at http://toeslikefingers.com
That picture actually sent chills down my spine... that NEVER happens from just looking at a painting, on the internet. I think the colors and the expression are absolutely perfect.

MinasTirithGuard said:
Nice work Graham! You're too good to keep making little sigs for everyone.

twrocks.jpg

I did this last year for a bit of fun, but never found a suitable thread to post it in

Graham Hood said:
tw-watch.jpg

Being a WatchMaker I couldn't resist this one

Good thing you didnt start taking orders for them from posters. It seems to be the rule around here that you would take the money up front, then run into 'problems' getting them made, put people off for months and eventually dissappear from the internet and stop answering phone calls.

You could choose to pop back up 6 months later maybe.

Good work BTW

Hi~~~~~ Im doing a paid gig involving Magneto (XMen) as a young teenager in a Nazi camp during WW2...He escapes and discovers his powers...anyways he has Magda I think its his sister...He is tuggin her along- She is 14 or tried to make this girl 14 looking

Magda a POW

Magda2.jpg

yep, too old. the lines below the eyes make her look like she is old/has wrinkles (yeah, everyone has dark circles under their eyes i know...but..)

looks like you were going for lanky akward puberty stage of a 14 year old which works, but maybe she should have a skinnier torso (the puffy clothes don't help) if this is the case. or shorter legs/arms if this isnt what you were going for

her face is too skinny, too long.

i mean granted. she's a concentration camp survivor so she's not gonna have a cheerful fat little girl face. but her face doesn't look like a 14 year olds.

Hey thanks for the advice. Yeah young girls are hard to draw for me but young girls that are starving to death make her look old...ref pic i used.. Clothes ~they have alot of mismatch sizes on them. Like hand me downs..
portada9.jpg

the legs are wierd.. the calves are out of whack with the thigh, I think.. extend too far down to the ankle, too.. the main mass of the lower leg should be higher up, and there should probably be a bit more of a flare out from the knee into the thigh - it seems to go straight up from the knees. At least.. it should if you're gonna keep the calves that size.

Though.. I'm no artist, so 'grain of salt' in that advice...

Think about what starving to death does to you realistically. Makes your face more gaunt, would make your skin thinner and more frail making your bones protrude more. Eyes appear sunken and hollow. I'd make her eyeballs beady and dark with just a glint of white in the middle. Maybe shadow the eyebrow to the eye

Lines for the cheeks don't a starving girl make

Zero-Optix said:
Man those look great guys!
Yeah coloring comic books can be fun!

Hey with all the talent here we ought to put together a TW Ninjas VS Pirates short comic so we can settle the score of who the best is! Ninjas!?? or Pirates?!!
Boy that series could linger on and on... ;)

I thought the same thing when I looked through page 2 :)

hey, those kids from his resource image seem pretty well fed & have chubby cheeks. maybe they ratted out their parents in exchange for some good food eh?

Damn, you guys are awesome. I would love to be able to draw like that -- I'd probably never leave my room, though.

Back