[Argent] Champs writ or purse?

Writ if you want reputation for your major cities. If you don't care or are exalted, you want the purse since it has extra gold and a chance at an extra champ's seal.

shit i didnt know it could have an extra seal. im asking, what do i care if im exalted with any of the home cities?

Mounts and stuff I guess. Some people care about achievement points, mounts and reputations, some don't.

If you don't, just go get the purse. Or in this case a murse?

shit i didnt know it could have an extra seal. im asking, what do i care if im exalted with any of the home cities?

because you have to have the crusader title to access new dailies as well as some of the crusader only rewards (or buy the Heirloom for seals instead of tokens). in order to get the crusader title you have to have the following:

Champion all 5 horde/alliance cities
Be exalted with all 5 cities (exalted champions)
be exalted with Argent Crusade (should pretty much be already exalted with them if you did all 5 champion lines).

What Stinkfist said

That being said, I'd recommend using Wowhead to find all the quests that give rep with a particular city, and do them first. Silvermoon City rep is easy as shit if you just run all the quests in the BE starting zones, you probably won't need any Writs for that faction. Same is true with all the other factions, to one degree or another

That being said, I'd recommend using Wowhead to find all the quests that give rep with a particular city, and do them first.
I wouldn't. I'd choose the writ over the purse because each one is an easy 250 rep with any faction you're a Champion of. You'll get 1250 rep doing the 5 daily Valiant quests until you reach Champion and get rep for all factions while doing so.

Get the writs until you're Exalted with all five factions, and use the writs to get Exalted faster than doing low level quests with less rewards and more effort in the from the cities.

It was more effort grinding rep with Argent Dawn.

Yeah, I got fucked because I didn't know you had to actually be exalted with the city for the crusader title/quests. So now I'm out an easy 52g a day until I get exalted with each faction.

Yeah, I got fucked because I didn't know you had to actually be exalted with the city for the crusader title/quests. So now I'm out an easy 52g a day until I get exalted with each faction.

This is why I still think purses are better than writs. Purses get you ~50g/day + 5 chances at an extra token. After which, you can veg out watching TV while you ruin a starting zone for an hour to hit Exalted

This is why I still think purses are better than writs. Purses get you ~50g/day + 5 chances at an extra token. After which, you can veg out watching TV while you ruin a starting zone for an hour to hit Exalted

actually, i helped 2 lowbies out in the Darnassus zone that told me "hell yea!" when i invited them.

Exodar i turned in cloth, since i was almost exalted with them.

and not a person was in the Dwarf zone :).

but, otoh, the respawn rate in the starting zones is pretty damn high, so i didn't ruin anything to start with :D.

Been trying to buy cheap runecloth off ah every so often. Once I finish the lowbie zones for each city, I'll probably just go to wherever has the highest cloth drop rate and farm there.

When the AT first started up there was some odd "bug" in there where turning in the dailies would also secretly give you 5-city rep (it wasn't much, like 134 each). I only know that because I had picked up some writs with the intention to turn them in later to top off. By the time I was champion of all five factions I went from anywhere from just to Honored to just starting Revered with most of my cities and ended up at 999 Exalted with all five and about 18 writs that were now useless.

Would that still be there or did they ninja-hotfix that out?

How do you get rep by ruining a starting zone? Sorry, I just kinda wanna hit exalted with org and then start on the others, but I thought questing was the only way.

When the AT first started up there was some odd "bug" in there where turning in the dailies would also secretly give you 5-city rep (it wasn't much, like 134 each). I only know that because I had picked up some writs with the intention to turn them in later to top off. By the time I was champion of all five factions I went from anywhere from just to Honored to just starting Revered with most of my cities and ended up at 999 Exalted with all five and about 18 writs that were now useless.

Would that still be there or did they ninja-hotfix that out?

It's not a bug. you buy the writs and then you go buy the faction tokens that give you 250rep each. when you use the, i think you get 25 rep for ALL cities.

Also, when you champion a city, you get 350 rep for each daily turnin (i'm pretty sure it's 350). IF you're still doing the dailies for them when you hit exalted, that 350 rep per turning now becomes 65 rep for each of the other cities.

One tip when grinding through the AT Dailies is, for the next city you champion, find the one with the lowest rep and grind it until it is close to even with the others. you can grind the same faction over and over, even past the 25 valiant tokens you need.

Back