how do you help friends play?

Nail Bomb

Banned
I have a buddy that plays wow with me now, of course he is new so his playing skill leaves a little to be desired.

how do i encourage him to learn more about his class with out sounding like i am applying too much pressure on a video game. the stuff he learns he picks up really fast. he is playing hunter.

ive been out of the loop for a long long time. is bm still the spec to be? he is having trouble managing him and his pet so i suggested marks.. is marks any good?

how/what do i tell him to get him ready for heroics and such?

I don't think you're the best person to be helping him learn to play seeing as how you're functionally retarded so you should probably just point him to elitistjerks.

how/what do i tell him to get him ready for heroics and such?

Tell him if he doesnt know how to play a hunter he will have a hard time getting into good quality groups. Just point him to the hunter class forum at elitistjerks.com and tell him to read up on things that look important....assuming he's not a total retard and has some notion of how to play a hunter im fairly certain everything he needs it there

Also, you can tell him to check the actual wow forums. There's usually always a sticky guide for beginner hunters.

Did your "friend" buy this hunter account? If this "friend" leveled a hunter from 1-80, I'm not really sure how "he" doesn't know enough basics about hunters to do "heroics and such" especially if "he" is a fast learner just like you said. If you want to learn more about being a good hunter, then I suggest you read ElitistJerks.

Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer is also a great site (its a web-spreadsheet thing) for you to calculate and simulate your dps depending on your gear and spec. Good luck, re-learning a class you were supposedly amazing at before and now doesn't even know the basics to help a "friend" do heroics.

Damn, that's a lot of quotes.

Did your "friend" buy this hunter account? If this "friend" leveled a hunter from 1-80, I'm not really sure how "he" doesn't know enough basics about hunters to do "heroics and such" especially if "he" is a fast learner just like you said. If you want to learn more about being a good hunter, then I suggest you read ElitistJerks.

Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer is also a great site (its a web-spreadsheet thing) for you to calculate and simulate your dps depending on your gear and spec. Good luck, re-learning a class you were supposedly amazing at before and now doesn't even know the basics to help a "friend" do heroics.

Damn, that's a lot of quotes.

I had a hunter in full gladiator gear. I sold him on the something awful forums.. if you remember.. i linked you his armory...

I am going to point him to ElitistJerks and just tell him not to get over whelmed.

I am not relearning anything. I liked the hunter in pvp but to me it was boring in pve so i sold him.

i started a love affair with a druid.. I really dont know why it took me this long and i am having a lot of fun.

I had a hunter in full gladiator gear. I sold him on the something awful forums.. if you remember.. i linked you his armory...

I am going to point him to ElitistJerks and just tell him not to get over whelmed.

I am not relearning anything. I liked the hunter in pvp but to me it was boring in pve so i sold him.

i started a love affair with a druid.. I really dont know why it took me this long and i am having a lot of fun.
So you had a geared out hunter but have no fucking clue how to play one?

I look forward to your next "How do I?" thread about your druid.

Nail Bomb is either a compulsive liar or a complete idiot. It's no wonder he and Skysnipe/TankbusterX got into so many bitch fights w each other on this subforum.

i dont know how they changed since BC, i was told that marksmen is alright now, who knows.. i sure as hell dont.

Actually, it seems that mark and survival are really really close together(theoretically). They're only about .5k DPS apart(in a spreadsheet).

Back