[Aion] Post here if interested.

Upcoming preview this weekend raises level cap to 25 (Abyss). I'm going to level up a fresh class. If anyone wants to do a little duoing or trioing lemme know!

I found this posted on the arenajunkies Aion forums. I lists how each class is doing in the 1.2 patch, which is the current Korean patch (US is being launched with 1.5 aka 1.3, so the info is one patch behind).

I might go chanter instead of cleric, dunno.

Aion Classes Overview 1.2

Everything here is based on Korean 1.2 Aion.

Templars

* The best end game PvP class – has no real issues dealing with any other class except other Templars. (AionChosun tournament made that pretty obvious)

* 3 instant cast defensive cooldowns (1min 30s of invincibility if you pop them all in a row) + 4k DP instant full health will keep you alive in any situation
* Currently #1 on future nerf list

Gladiators

* [Ankle Snare- Immobilizes a target within a 25m radius for 10 sec and decreases its Dodge by 1000.] is your signature skill. It is the only root-type skill in Aion that cannot be removed by potions.
* No shield, No stealth – something to keep in mind. you aren’t exactly the tank or the top dps. you’re also a MELEE

Assassins

* [Frenzy I -increase movement by 20%] is a toggle.
* Infinite stealth – Stealth cooldown starts ticking as soon as you enter stealth, not AFTER you exit stealth
* 1Burst – You can kill almost any class with 1 swift chain of skills. (or leave them near death) If they don’t die, just run away with your speed-stealth again-go for it one more time or just escape. But remember- your fragile. Don’t go around headbutting things.
* widely recognized as the fastest leveler. (Korea’s first max level in each update was an assassin every time)
* The most popular class in Aion. Expect your gear to be expensive.

Rangers

* Kiting is your friend – maintain 25m with your target at all times. a lot of the skills that other classes have to cc/slow you down have 20m range.
* Notorious as the most annoying class to run into in field PvP. A good ranger never lets his target get within range.
* widely recognized as the slowest leveler

Sorcerers

* probably the worst class to be at 1.2 – magic resist sets will leave you pulling your hair out. Assassins can kill u before you can say ‘help’ over vent and trust me, there’s a LOT of assassins in Aion.
* all of your roots and ccs can be cured with a pot
* at beginning zones, you’re a kill stealing machine
* highest mortality rate

Spiritmasters

* utility class – You are most definitely not on the top of PvP chain, but you’re just such a useful tool to have in group PvP. being able to remove buffs is HUGE
* strip them naked – debuff everything! high grade scrolls cost money while your mana doesn’t. Remove templars’ armor cooldowns and watch them cry as they can no longer tank 10 people at once.
* Your [Wing Root] strikes terror into your enemies’ hearts in aerial combat.
* great class to solo with. because having a pet to level with is awesome

Clerics

* You’ll find yourself next to sorcerers pulling your hair out. Magic resistance sets make your attacks useless, but using them also makes you strong against other sorcerers/clerics/SMs and even assassins (some of their skills count as spells and can be resisted)
* Not as strong as we saw them as in 1.0 or 1.1
* Scarce – you’ll find yourself getting spammed with whispers and friend requests

Chanters

* a big difference between clerics/chanters = chanters are melee. clerics are casters
* buffs are nice now – speed buffs provide a nice edge over everyone else
* preferred over clerics in end game PvE as Cleric’s high heals become redundant when everyone is super geared.
* Scarce – you’ll find yourself getting spammed with whispers and friend requests

Wikipedia said:
The participation in PvP is rewarded with PvP "Points" (called Abyss Points in the game). The game ranks players as battles are won against fellow players. At higher ranks the character's wings will change in appearance to show the character's elevated status. Also certain items can be purchased with these points such as high-end armor and weapons. This is referred to as the Abyss Rank system, and there can only be a limited number of high ranking players per server. The highest ranking players compete for the relatively few rank positions available.[16] Abyss points are gained by killing other players in combat, and points are lost by being killed by another player. Higher points are awarded for a kill of a much higher ranked player than for killing an equal or lower ranked player.

Sound like the original Honor system to anyone else?

Last edited:
I played like 20 hours this weekend. I will definitely be playing at release. However, I have enjoyed the last few MMOs to come out the first week or two I played them so I am unreliable source. I would encourage anyone who is curious about the game to pre-order from Gamestop for $5 to get your weekend beta event key and try it out so you can form your own opinion. If you don't like it then it only cost you $5.

Can anyone explain how PvP works in this game? I haven't been able to find very much concrete info about how it all works, is it all instanced, is it arena, etc?

I haven't been able to figure out why this game is getting so much hype...it seems like it's very similar to WoW in the sense that it's a theme park MMO with a quest centric leveling system. The post on Ensidia doesn't really do a very good job of illustrating this "revolutionary" PvP, so I'm wondering if any TWer can be a bit more articulate.

I have a lot of friends dropping WoW to try this one out and I don't think I want to repeat my Warhammer Online mistake if this game is essentially going to be WoW + Asians + Flying + Crazy anime combat animations.

Can anyone explain how PvP works in this game? I haven't been able to find very much concrete info about how it all works, is it all instanced, is it arena, etc?

I haven't been able to figure out why this game is getting so much hype...it seems like it's very similar to WoW in the sense that it's a theme park MMO with a quest centric leveling system. The post on Ensidia doesn't really do a very good job of illustrating this "revolutionary" PvP, so I'm wondering if any TWer can be a bit more articulate.

I have a lot of friends dropping WoW to try this one out and I don't think I want to repeat my Warhammer Online mistake if this game is essentially going to be WoW + Asians + Flying + Crazy anime combat animations.

I believe it's going to be like Warhammer Online in that there's an RVR area with castles that you capture. In addition to the 2 player factions there's a 3rd NPC faction that will attack whoever has the numerical advantage and they can also attack in the middle of a battle leading to the "PvPvE" that they like to talk about.

actually their pvp system sounds like old fail that was wow pvp

heres how pvp SHOULD work in an mmo thats also pve based.

other than having a rank/ladder system, any gear rewards should be purely cosmetic. this will only motivate those who care about pvp, while weeding out the "grinders" who are the original reason pvp sucks in the first place.

I think I'm going to give this game a shot. I enjoyed Guild Wars, having played through all 4 of the storylines a few times each. Lineage II was ... well ... less then enjoyable, so I'm hoping they will get this one right.

Game looks beautiful, and that will sell me for a month or so. Hopefully there is some content to keep it interesting.

Anyone that tells you Aion is better than WoW is a dumbass, however, it is different, and doesn't suck, which by itself warrants checking out. Cuz WoW gets old after these many years even with new content patch coming, it's still the same thing.

Aion is fun and pretty, the PvP system is kinda like old wow pvp system, some people like it, but I wouldn't call it better. Character customization system is pretty crazy, which is also a plus. I just wish they didn't give the option to make tiny little fucking characters.

Back