[Aion] Post here if interested.

first NA closed beta event is Friday at noon, if you got a beta key you can check out the game for 2 days till sunday midnight, not sure if any website is still giving out keys though.

Had a lot of folks at the Fires of Heaven boards who played on the Chinese servers and everyone was really upbeat on it. It's got a little bit of a fighter style in it, like if you see the enemy with an attack coming in you can time it to proc a parry or counterattack. Also, a beautiful game, damn.

Well, even though I've bashed the game from the start, I was persuaded to preorder and tried out the beta. I can't really have much of an opinion on it so far since there's such little content, but at least the mechanics were done correctly and very smooth. Still think the graphics are complete shit, style-wise. Looks like a pretty version of all the other korean mmo's. Seems polished enough and will probably do well player base-wise, but not as well as a lot of people think. PvP system sounds decent, but a little too much like honor grinding I think. More of these PvP mmos need to put in an arena system like WoW (not as the end all, be all of PvP, but as an additional option). I will most likely make a cleric.

Last edited:
Well, even though I've bashed the game from the start, I was persuaded to preorder and tried out the beta. I can't really have much of an opinion on it so far since there's such little content, but at least the mechanics were done correctly and very smooth. Still think the graphics are complete shit, style-wise. Looks like a pretty version of all the other korean mmo's. Seems polished enough and will probably do well player base-wise, but not as well as a lot of people think. PvP system sounds decent, but a little too much like honor grinding I think. More of these PvP mmos need to put in an arena system like WoW (not as the end all, be all of PvP, but as an additional option). I will most likely make a cleric.

Take out the arena part and this is what i came to post.

Same old shit like every other MMO in terms of PVE, but it does that same old shit well. The character models look good but the world looks like ass IMHO it doesn't have the artistic detail of wow nor does it have the high rez high detail textures of AOC. (2d vines and tree branches gray/black bloches for the mountainside). The only exception to this being the flashback quests so maybe the starting areas are just lame.

Update :

Played some Closed Beta this last weekend.. leveled to 10.999999 (capped at 10 for first weekend).

Enjoyed it, very free movement, you can fly... rawr. I heard there are issues with people dying too fast in PVP... like Sorcs are just beast and can even 1 shot people.

I played a cleric and surpisingly I was able to beat most classes in duels. In all honestly, it really doesn't matter... dueling is for chumps, I want group combat. (This will be upcoming duing the next phase of testing The Abyss)

Quests were simple enough, they show you where NPCs are on the map (changes after you get higher level). The game looked awesome. Very polished and crisp.

Not a huge fan of the auto run to target and cast spell that the game has built in, but you can turn it off... so no biggie.

I'll have more, that is all I can remember to tell you guys currently.

Just a heads up

this is a korean grind game

You can't avoid it. There are koreans paying 800 dollars for top dps weapons etc. Also the game is just as zergy as warhammer online in endgame. Just keep that in mind

It's basically a warhammer online with more grind (2x time to max), better stability, more epic weapons you can grind and dominate people with, and insane Damage.

Rangers for instance and Sorcs can kill things in seconds with long cooldown attacks etc.

You are looking at a run of the mill extremely good looking, extremely grindy mmorpg.

Wait for new shit.

the good points?

Great graphics, open-ish pvp (ganking etc), 6 man teams can wipe 20 people if they are smart and have a good settup (con is you need certain settups), Good server stability/netcode.

there was a korean talking about a 6 man taking out 20 high level people grinding, they had a 2 cleric, 1 chanter, 1 spirit master, 1 ranger, 1 gladiator. You basically need a similiar mix (2 clerics, 1 chanter, 1 spirit master, + dps) to really rape.

Chanter has ridiculous buffs for a group, spirit master have tons of DoT and CC that don't stack (so you only really want 1) and 2 clerics are needed since one can be CCed and you need spike healing since DPS is so stupid ridiculous.

The system of accumulating abyss points and losing abyss points for killing/dying is pretty cool. People with huge points become huge targets since they give so many points and lose so many.

Last edited:
For those who are in closed beta. This weekend is the Abyss weekend. Thinking there is gonna be a level bump to 20 or 25 for Abyss PvP bliss.

I could be wrong...

:-o

i played this game for a bit. I don't want to play anymore because when I do get this game, I don't want to run the same quests / get bored of it.

just throwing it out there.

and Dac, stay the fuck away from this game, please.

Back