to StK old and new

No classes have rotations anymore, everyone uses a priority system. The difference between Ret and other classes is everyone else has a debuff, buff or something additional to manage along with the priority system.

I have a pretty tight rotation as a blood dk :(. If I fuck it up somehow then I lose a lottttttttt of dps and I become a sad panda.

:( Its happened before!

Yeah same with Frost DKs. Fuck up the order of CDs and you can drop 1k dps no problem. Frost also has some situational changes as well (manipulating killing spree procs, Rime procs, etc)

I have a pretty tight rotation as a blood dk :(. If I fuck it up somehow then I lose a lottttttttt of dps and I become a sad panda.

:( Its happened before!

I haven't tried Blood or Frost on my DK that I'm leveling. For Unholy the "rotation" is about 20s (or a lot more depending on Scourge Strike procs) long. It's "keep diseases up, use Scourge Strike, use Blood Strike for Death Runes" (simplified some obviously since there's no runic power).

Yeah same with Frost DKs. Fuck up the order of CDs and you can drop 1k dps no problem. Frost also has some situational changes as well (manipulating killing spree procs, Rime procs, etc)
"Situational changes" are pretty much a priority system (ie "Do X but use Z if Y occurs because it's higher priority".

I haven't tried Blood or Frost on my DK that I'm leveling. For Unholy the "rotation" is about 20s (or a lot more depending on Scourge Strike procs) long. It's "keep diseases up, use Scourge Strike, use Blood Strike for Death Runes" (simplified some obviously since there's no runic power).

"Situational changes" are pretty much a priority system (ie "Do X but use Z if Y occurs because it's higher priority".

Right on, False. I need to be unholy for Yogg+0 and the "rotation" is a joke. :p

You can macro most of an Unholy dps rotation into two macros. One if the glyph of SS doesn't proc and a second one to press for a few seconds if it does.

Frost is definately the most situational, causing you to pay the most attention imo. I can go from about 3600 deeps to 2800 deeps in most 10m encounters simply by not paying attention and/or not maximizing my killing machine/rime procs.

Question:

DK is my second melee, but first to 80 and first in a raid environment. I don't have a lot of clutter in my FOV, but I can't see shit! How do you tell what the fuck is going on in a fight? I have to squint in trash packs to see which mob I'm hitting. There's got to be an easier way. Any suggestions?

I have a serious case of range goggles...

If only you could hit a button and see the health of the mobs above their heads. Then you could target the lowest HP mob that everyone else is DPSing, or make a macro that would allow you to "assist" the main tank so you know for sure you are DPSing the right mob. Maybe in 3.2 they will add something like that.

Data:

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",30)

put that in chat and press enter

Now enable nameplates, might wanna try a nameplate mod also like Aloft or evl_Nameplates

On a side note I wish nameplates worked farther away than 15 yards. It irks me when melee tell me to use nameplates to target things. Instead I end up having to do custom targeting macros for several fights.

If only you could hit a button and see the health of the mobs above their heads. Then you could target the lowest HP mob that everyone else is DPSing, or make a macro that would allow you to "assist" the main tank so you know for sure you are DPSing the right mob. Maybe in 3.2 they will add something like that.

I can see why guilds crumble after you join them.

V-names look like shit and bug out in tight packs. I don't want to add MORE clutter to the screen.

Thanks for the useless reply though.

Data:

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",30)

put that in chat and press enter

Now enable nameplates, might wanna try a nameplate mod also like Aloft or evl_Nameplates

I used another command to set my camera distance to max. It's already at the limit. Does this do something else?

I'll check out those mods.

I used another command to set my camera distance to max. It's already at the limit. Does this do something else?

I'll check out those mods.

I think all the mods do is exactly what the script does. The max distance in the IE menus are increased further using the script.

I can see why guilds crumble after you join them.

V-names look like shit and bug out in tight packs. I don't want to add MORE clutter to the screen.

Thanks for the useless reply though.
If you can't use enemy nameplates (why any melee wouldn't want to is beyond me) to view health then just create a macro or two to assist MT or MA. Preferably do both.

On my melee alts I use:
/assist InsertMT/MAnamehere
/startattack

And on my priest (all-in-one Ulduar macro):
/tar Eonar
/tar Snap
/tar Algalon
/tar Emergency
/cast Vampiric Touch

edit names to suit your needs, automatically targets one of those mobs if they exist and are in range and starts casting so I don't have to tab around or use assist macros when my focus may not be on the correct target.

I like that melee mac, Smaq. I don't have attack bound so I just rightclick targets which sometimes can be irritating to do accurately.

If you can't use enemy nameplates (why any melee wouldn't want to is beyond me) to view health then just create a macro or two to assist MT or MA. Preferably do both.

On my melee alts I use:
/assist InsertMT/MAnamehere
/startattack

And on my priest (all-in-one Ulduar macro):
/tar Eonar
/tar Snap
/tar Algalon
/tar Emergency
/cast Vampiric Touch

edit names to suit your needs, automatically targets one of those mobs if they exist and are in range and starts casting so I don't have to tab around or use assist macros when my focus may not be on the correct target.

I never can get Alg targeted with macros unless I use the target exact syntax, and god help you if you try to tab target him.

Edit: if you ever want to see some lols pull out a lifelike mechanical toad. It really messes up people with lifespark in their target macro

Back