Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

nofix is actually pretty ok at t1 and t:v from what i've seen

i mean on a scale of 1-10 of LT players in an LT pub, with 1 being terraforce and 10 being dutch, nofix is a 3.75

nofix is actually pretty ok at t1 and t:v from what i've seen

i mean on a scale of 1-10 of LT players in an LT pub, with 1 being terraforce and 10 being dutch, nofix is a 3.75

It's funny, the people that say I suck at Tribes have never seen me play Tribes, and usually people I've never heard of.

Funny, isn't it?

fyi, I haven't played Tribes since you were a 'member' on TW.

I quit playing because of the aggravation that incured from bugs like tourney mode, and this fucked up net lag I'd get every now and then for no apparent reason.

jump rope city and knife head 4 were better.

The saddest part of this thread is that is has the potential to bring finality to a host of issues.

It's not sad. The Tribes name has been dead and gone since before T:V came out. The only people who cared about it, I mean really cared about it, were on this forum.

While everyone is tossing blame around I'd like to take this opportunity to remind people that the Tribes community didn't do much to welcome new players.

Elitism certainly had a hand in killing Tribes. :(

need less people saying why t:V sucked and more devs ranting

I'm looking forward to the DaveG rant.

Though if I was to advise him, I'd recommend just typing out a well thought letter and emailing it to a forum mod to post, then re-forget about TW.

I'm going to go get a Burger King Tripple Bypass, err Stracker, and see if I can give myself a mini-coronary. Keep up with the thread for me! =D

I played T1 back in the day but I was like 14 and then I didn't really like T2 that much so I stopped playing completely. The only reason I heard about T:V was because I'd check these forums occasionally, there really wasn't much advertising. I think, in the end, all the gameplay issues and tourney issues would probably have been fixed... the real reason T:V didn't sell well is that they threw it out there at the same time as Halo 2, WoW, HL2. No game is going to be able to compete with that.

And slut, you probably were the best overall T:V player so you have a much different perspective than other people. It might have been easy for you but you have to look at it from the perspective of just average people trying to learn and play the game.

It's funny, the people that say I suck at Tribes have never seen me play Tribes, and usually people I've never heard of.

Funny, isn't it?

fyi, I haven't played Tribes since you were a 'member' on TW.

There are alot worse things to be than a 3.5 on a scale between Terra and Dutch.

Srsly.

And I played tribes with you like... last year, it was a RaindanceLT pub and you were LD with me, BE side, you got like 7 kills the whole map.

I can look up the stathud html sheet if you want lololol

(edit- also fuck you niggerfix for taking that post seriously, cuz i wasn't making fun of you, douchebag)

Last edited:
i honestly would like to hear what other ideas and thoughts they had for the game, what features they considered including but didn't, which engines they thought about and which developers, etc

I don't really care about the back office politics of an office I don't know
Just a quick off the top of my head, we reviewed most of the major engines out there at the time we (Sierra & Irrational) started development, including Unreal, Source, NDL's NetImmerse, CryTek, etc. From those we selected the Source engine, but our president at Sierra at the time (Mike Ryder) said we couldn't use anything that had anything to do with Valve, and told us we would use the Unreal engine instead. I believe Unreal was our third or forth choice. To be fair, the engine wasn't bad once we had finished our modifications to it, but it still had some limitations we would have rather avoided.

Just a quick off the top of my head, we reviewed most of the major engines out there at the time we (Sierra & Irrational) started development, including Unreal, Source, NDL's NetImmerse, CryTek, etc. From those we selected the Source engine, but our president at Sierra at the time (Mike Ryder) said we couldn't use anything that had anything to do with Valve, and told us we would use the Unreal engine instead. I believe Unreal was our third or forth choice. To be fair, the engine wasn't bad once we had finished our modifications to it, but it still had some limitations we would have rather avoided.

What about the torque engine, you know the only one capable of doing Tribes.

Back