Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

yeah thrax, you could have crowd surfed at uvalan. spill the beans , and thanks for posting.

Do you remember slamming marweas in the QnA session at uvalan? god, they could have created Chloe (from 24) off of that scene

Last edited:
If Dave G shows up, I will have a lot more respect for him. He would come in here risking the ass-reaming of a lifetime.
I don't think you guys realize that not everyone takes these forums as seriously as you do. It's only an "ass-reaming" if you care. If you don't, then it's just a bunch of angsty punks venting frustrations in the only way they know how and it matters about as much as who hooks up with whom on The O.C.

Main problem with Vengeance was the launch. Had some nice advertising, magazine coverage, and online coverage early on. Then all of sudden it was "hey we're launching this in a few weeks". No advertising at retail, clerks didn't even know where the game was. I found it on a bottom shelf at the back of the store 2 days after launch.

Personally didn't like the pod or the grappler, but with that abysmal launch, nobody picked it up to find out if it was a good game or not.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed T:V. I thought the grappling was great too. Id buy again. :)

People who didn't like the grappler couldn't use it. There weren't many that could use it smoothly.

I even said this and proved this to Darklord when the spiridian map came on. I'm like watch how we control the map. Sure enough, nobody could stop us or come close to killing us with any consistency

I know games too. I dissect them.

Last edited:
IG killed tribes
Ken Levine stated in the Sierra Press Release for Tribes Vengeance, “Our plan is to not only enhance the multiplayer component of Tribes, but to also blow people away with a single-player story unlike anyone has ever seen in a videogame.” Although in the CGW Interview, Ken Levine stated, "Tribes: Vengeance. We never found the groove on that game. The franchise doesn't allow for a huge amount of player choice in the single-player design. If I were to do it again...I don't think it's a project Irrational should have done."

I really enjoyed T:V. I thought the grappling was great too. Id buy again. :)

People who didnt like the grappler couldn't use it. There weren't many that could use it smoothly.

I even said this and proved this to Darklord when the spiridian map came on. Im like watch how we control the map. Sure enough, nobody could stop us or come close to killing us with any consistancy

That was the problem. Your average joe (me) couldn't kill a capper with even an ounce of skill with the grappler. All they have to do is grapple and keep moving. The only way an LD could keep up was to grapple too. Now add the fact that they have to switch weapons and get off an accurate shot and you're fucked. Made pubbing a lot less fun for the average guy when you have no hope of catching a mediocre capper who knew where to make a grappler turn or two.

It would have been cool to leave it on the Cavern map just to show it off, but it should have been a mod everywhere else.

I don't think you guys realize that not everyone takes these forums as seriously as you do. It's only an "ass-reaming" if you care. If you don't, then it's just a bunch of angsty punks venting frustrations in the only way they know how and it matters about as much as who hooks up with whom on The O.C.

He never struck me as one to not care, so I'd still be pleasantly surprised

That was the problem. Your average joe (me) couldn't kill a capper with even an ounce of skill with the grappler. All they have to do is grapple and keep moving. The only way an LD could keep up was to grapple too. Now add the fact that they have to switch weapons and get off an accurate shot and you're fucked. Made pubbing a lot less fun for the average guy when you have no hope of catching a mediocre capper who knew where to make a grappler turn or two.

It would have been cool to leave it on the Cavern map just to show it off, but it should have been a mod everywhere else.

Over time people would have gotten better at killing cappers. People do adapt. But i agree, the average joe couldnt kill cappers. Once you learned to grapple really well and chase, it was SO much fun.

There was a trick to switching from grappler to other weapon. You had to double click fast to get to your weapon or it would fire the grapple out again.

Cavern was easy to play defense. Everyone was so stuck on T1 style defense. You had to put 2 LD midfield on that map to play D. You killed cappers with rifles, hand nades, and burner.

Spiridian was harder because you had to chase, shoot, and grapple all at once. It was hard but can be easily learned if practiced.

Back