And it only took six years...

Feannag

Veteran XV
forumbanlol.jpg

First forum ban. A little disappointing it did not involve the usual suspects of Jesus, gays, Hitler, Jews, or the N-word. But I just don't like using the word Nigerians...

I guess simple IS more effective.

Um, Dragonhawk IS easy sorry to say. I tanked, healed, and DPS'd that fight when I was 346. It's not overtuned at all.

Hurp durp.

Bother as in drop by once a month to chuckle at the bottom feeders...

Or bother as in try to actually engage them in civil discourse?

5 mans are harder then 25 mans because if one person dies in a 5 man you lose 20% of your raid but if one person dies in 25 man you only lose 4%

I got a 30-day ban last month. Swifty fans FLOODED the forums when he got banned a few weeks ago, and I was just kind of messing with them. Admins had the ban stick out and ready.

At one point a couple years ago I had several super popular threads going about how to fix battlegrounds, exactly what changes had caused BG PvP quality to deteriorate and PvP guilds to become almost non-existant, why my system would be 10x more fun, exciting, and positive than a rating system and would bring back PvP guilds and the feeling of camaraderie of the vanilla PvP community, and specifics of how Blizz's then current plans to rejuvenate BGs would fail (they eventually abandoned those ideas). I had a couple thousand replies, about a third of which were variants of "Blizz, hire this guy, NOW!" Which is frankly incredible given 90% of replies about PvP are of the "LOL, ratings" variety. Even the biggest trolls ended up in full support...

Then one day I logged on to discover I had a forum ban for "insulting a fellow forum user" and every post / thread I had *ever* made (going back years) had suddenly vanished. Every post, every thread, every reply that other people had spent time and effort on, gone. Not locked, just totally gone.

Yeah... lesson learned: Fuck WoW.

Last edited:
They almost always prune your post history when you get a ban of any kind. I'd say at least 3/4 of the time.

Damn, never knew that, that's insane. Still, I'd think this situation should have qualified for the 1/4. Though the fact that the reason for the ban was completely fabricated may have ruled that out.

If you're still playing, has BG ratings actually had a significant effect on the quality of play / quality of life of a BG focused WoW player? Have PvP guilds made a comeback?

If you're still playing, has BG ratings actually had a significant effect on the quality of play / quality of life of a BG focused WoW player? Have PvP guilds made a comeback?

yes to all

i have seen a huge increase in pvp guilds on my server (us burning blade) since the implementation of RBGs.

and RBGs are very, very fun imo

Back