Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

The patch seems to work. At least so far. It has increased performance for me as well, especially during terrain loading times.

On another note. I just trained in sneak and peak a little bit. Heh, first time I tried I got caught, the guy just ran away screaming bloddy murder, hehe. The second time I was successful. I can't wait to be able to steal shit. People make it so easy to. All you really have to do is hide in a merchant shop in a busy city for a person to come along and stay there for a few seconds ;)

On the negative side. It is too bad you don't gain experience by actively using peak and steal. Cause then I would never have to go out and hunt another monster again, which would be sort of cool.

On the positive side. It is more than possible, with the current state of things, that if you trained enough in sneak/peak/steal that you could completely fund your training by stealing alone.

Lets just all hope that they don't pull a DAOC and start gimping everything. Please, please god no. I can see some of these skills getting gimped a lot already unfortunately, and I have a feeling most of the rogues abilities are going to be on the top of that list unfortunately :(

xgalaxy said:
The patch seems to work. At least so far. It has increased performance for me as well, especially during terrain loading times.

On another note. I just trained in sneak and peak a little bit. Heh, first time I tried I got caught, the guy just ran away screaming bloddy murder, hehe. The second time I was successful. I can't wait to be able to steal shit. People make it so easy to. All you really have to do is hide in a merchant shop in a busy city for a person to come along and stay there for a few seconds ;)

On the negative side. It is too bad you don't gain experience by actively using peak and steal. Cause then I would never have to go out and hunt another monster again, which would be sort of cool.

On the positive side. It is more than possible, with the current state of things, that if you trained enough in sneak/peak/steal that you could completely fund your training by stealing alone.

Lets just all hope that they don't pull a DAOC and start gimping everything. Please, please god no. I can see some of these skills getting gimped a lot already unfortunately, and I have a feeling most of the rogues abilities are going to be on the top of that list unfortunately :(
That does it. Next toon for me is a Shade/Thief. I can see you, but you can't see me. :D

will 256 megs of RAM feel a slowdown running the game on winxp? =o or is 512 pretty much necessary? (i don't awnt to have to reboot every few hrs)

i have a 1.4tbird and a gf4 4200 so i'm not too worried about those =x

This game sucks total ass.. The graphics are lame first of all. The atmosphere is pathetic; I feel like a nerd by playing it. When playing this game I feel like I thoes idiots playing d&d while making up 'cool' imaginative things in my mind to make up for the what this game is so obviously lacking (GRAPHICS!).

Oh yea, and the wait time to regen health/mana is gay shit too.. try playing Asherons Call 2.. it's about 20x better.

finally got into the game for a bit...

only a little, but i had started chars out of boredom since i couldnt join the server...

Jacke Skellington
Level 4 Rogue Shade

Orphen Ethereal
Level 1 Rogue Aelfborn

Themoun Tainking
Level 1 Rogue Elf

all on death

oh, and btw, ive got it running on a second box as well, a p3 with 256 megs of ram... its runs FINE (had it running for a few hours)... little slowdowns when "zoning" but not that bad...

Last edited:
Sileet said:
This game sucks total ass.. The graphics are lame first of all. The atmosphere is pathetic; I feel like a nerd by playing it. When playing this game I feel like I thoes idiots playing d&d while making up 'cool' imaginative things in my mind to make up for the what this game is so obviously lacking (GRAPHICS!).

Oh yea, and the wait time to regen health/mana is gay shit too.. try playing Asherons Call 2.. it's about 20x better.

:rofl:

dont get me wrong, i did actually have fun in AC2 beta. and i had high hopes for it, and planned to eventually pick it up, but it doesnt compare to shadowbane. i havent even gotten to the core of the game and i can already see there will be more to do here than in AC2. you can only kill monsters and quest so much in a game, this game is player driven.

It might be fun stealing stuff from people. However, don't be suprised when you end up Kill-on-Sight at many a city/guild. You fuck up in one town and you may end up banished from many places. Allied cities will no doubt share their KOS lists.

Robbers are outcasts for a reason.

Sileet said:

obviously the game isnt for you, mr jock

also, dont call chars 'toons' please error, sounds so gay :(

cheezit said:
:rofl:

dont get me wrong, i did actually have fun in AC2 beta. and i had high hopes for it, and planned to eventually pick it up, but it doesnt compare to shadowbane. i havent even gotten to the core of the game and i can already see there will be more to do here than in AC2. you can only kill monsters and quest so much in a game, this game is player driven.

I played AC2 for a few months... I've only been playing SB for a week and already my vote is for SB being the superior game. Sure, AC2 looks nice... but the game play fucking sucks.

You can't even go into fucking houses in established cities, let alone own your own. In Shadowbane, if you desire, you can be the leader of an empire, and own entire cities.

I love that levelling goes so quickly... I remember playing AC and thinking I'd never hit double digits in level, but with SB it's easy to get there.

Also happy that high level mobs don't totally rape lowbie groups.

May be rerolling my healer, though... have to fiddle with it a bit and see if it'd be worth it.

last night knightsbridge got attacked by orcs. tonight silverlance got attacked by orcs, grobolds, ogres, trolls. wish i could of been there

Wow. Ok.

I just gone done leveling to 21. Heh, you guys are right. I have way more training points then I could possibly spend. At level 21 I've spent as much as I can(in the things that I want) and I still have 75 training points left.

I went ahead and maxed Con. I decided to do this since I only had to get it to 85 for the max whereas I have to get my Int to 110 and my Dex to 140. My Dex is sitting at 98 right now and my Int at 70'ish. But boy, maxing Con made the world of difference in a few places. For one, even at just 85 points for Con I'm sitting at almost 1000 hitpoints, unbuffed. Two, my stamina is in the 200 range and I can run forever. My thief is a fast mofo, too fast actually, and I havn't even put a single point into Running. I'm actually so fast that its a hazard for me to auto follow a group leader cause I get too far ahead lol.

My only real area of concern right now is the amount of damage I'm dealing. After around lvl 18 I was dealing about 16 to 20 dmg per dagger, so around 40 max damage altogether. Now, I know its the weapons stats that are pulling me back but I just can't seem to find, from monsters or shops a decent pair of daggers. Keep in mind I havn't touched backstab yet. I dont even know if I will since I plan on being mostly a stealing thief. Who knows.

EDIT:

Almost forgot. I had to move to a city. Kings Cross I think it is? Anyway, is PKing allowed within those cities or not?

A few questions...

How much do +40 int runes sell for and how many ability points does it take to equip?

How much should I sell this shield for? Heartwood Kite Shield of Defense, Def: 53, Block Chance +25%, Skill Req:52%, Durability +40%, Passive Defense +3, Defensive Rating +23. It's value is 19k looking at it

Aestis said:
A few questions...

How much do +40 int runes sell for and how many ability points does it take to equip?

How much should I sell this shield for? Heartwood Kite Shield of Defense, Def: 53, Block Chance +25%, Skill Req:52%, Durability +40%, Passive Defense +3, Defensive Rating +23. It's value is 19k looking at it

:bump:

haha so last night as i was waiting for error to sell his shit, i went and sat in the doorway to the barracks in kahr'thsek or however you sell it.

:lol: i sat there and was pan handling. somone actually gave me like 500 gold and told me to get a job. ahhh, it made me chortle.

Back