VeteranXX
Old
163 - 07-20-2011, 12:35
i will forever miss kuru making him go away makes me sad

Familiar
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 07-20-2011, 12:35
Well yeah...but the way they went about it was pretty funny and could probably be considered "nexting".

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
165 - 07-20-2011, 12:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
jeremy daspin - received goatse in the mail (died)
Nspectre killed him

tehvul2
Veteran++
Old
166 - 07-20-2011, 12:39
Rayn. Listen to this guy, and ignore the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriky View Post
It's my opinion (as an experienced forum and IRC admin btw) that while it's impossible to stop people posting compromising information ***8212; and usually it's completely by accident because they underestimate what techniques can be used to piece your life together ***8212; the responsible way to go is to ensure that if people use the forum as a medium for ****ing with someone's life they should be stopped.

You can't stop someone from posting a photo that someone will use to track down their social network accounts and from there wreak all kinds of havoc, I understand that. But when someone starts using TW to mess with someone's life ***8212; whether they got the information via TW or not ***8212; you should step in and give them a (temporary) ban. Don't allow TW to be used as a vector for that kind of ****.

People have to take responsibility for what they post, but if you take away the soapbox that assholes use for harassing people they'll usually be far less inclined to bother. If someone really hates someone they might cause **** for them outside of TW, but that's something you don't have to worry about. The key is people feeling secure that the admins won't allow the forum to be used as a bandwagon for attacking them beyond the forum. This lack of trust is what puts exceedingly high-quality posters like myself off being more involved and/or makes them leave because they know nobody's got their back should someone decide to be as ****.

It's quite simply about discretion. If someone posts a photo that gives away their location, great. Sucks for them that someone might use it to bother them, but it's not really an admin issue. But if someone posts someone's location and it's clearly for no other reason than to cause grief for that person, it's not hard to work that out and take action (ie: remove post, ban offender). It's not like we're talking about some subtle thing here: it's extremely obvious when a nexting is occurring and that the person is being a complete *******.

Basically TW has adopted a culture of it being fun to frequently **** with people. This is a product of how the forum has been managed, and on forums managed differently this kind of **** doesn't happen ***8212; yet free speech is barely compromised at all.People should know if they next someone it's an instant ban, and that anything they do post will be removed. If people decide to echo it to cause further grief, they get removed. A little time consuming but that's part of managing a community.

But hey, if everyone wants TW's quality to continue degrading into a mess of Reddit/Digg/SomethingAwful re-posts, trolls, and general bull**** then go for it. It'll be sad when every worthwhile member has moved on and found less hostile communities or just stopped posting on forums altogether because the forum used to have a great atmosphere and I still see plenty of peeks of that in the cracks between all the garbage, but I guess all things end.

Last edited by tehvul2; 07-20-2011 at 12:42..
nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
167 - 07-20-2011, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganstern View Post
Nexting refers to a concentrated effort by a small group of posters who torment a poster with the intent of chasing him or her off of TW. At times this is achieved through posting personal information or actively seeking out information to use against the Nextee. Does that clear things up for you?
i dont think anyone has ever tried to chase anyone off tribalwar

it just happens that people who create fake e-personalities and make up stories about their real life end up leaving tribalwar in embarrassment after it's revealed that they aren't actually involved in 'real policy ****' or live with their brother in their dead moms house

dont ask me why, that's just how it seems to happen

Fuzzy
VeteranX
Old
168 - 07-20-2011, 12:41
hey internet dudes, i'm a professional who cowers at the possibility of some prank phone calls and i spend all my free time philosophizing about world of warcraft.

i freaked out, absolutely.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
169 - 07-20-2011, 12:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvul2 View Post
Do you have children?

If you do then look at your baby daughter, and ask me that question again.
but before you look at your baby daughter, rayn, snort some coke and do some crack with your closest male friend and then find a transvestite and **** and party all night with them. then call your wife a whore and leave her and your children and travel the country doing every drug known to man while acting like a wannabe thug. then record yourself singing the most god awful **** anyone has ever heard and say you are a rapper, and also flash 200 bucks at a camera and brag about the cheese.

then ask him that question again, man.

Last edited by havax; 07-20-2011 at 12:44..
Kelven
VeteranXX
Old
170 - 07-20-2011, 12:42
I always wanted to make a "leaving TW" thread but I have absolutely no place else to go

ElectroWaffle
VeteranXX
Old
171 - 07-20-2011, 12:43
Nobody wants us. This is the end of the line.

tehvul2
Veteran++
Old
172 - 07-20-2011, 12:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
but before you look at your baby daughter, rayn, snort some coke and do some crack with your closest male friend and then find a transvestite and **** and party all night with them. then call your wife a whore and leave her and your children and travel the country doing every drug known to man while acting like a wannabe thug. then flash 200 bucks at a camera and brag about the cheese.

then ask him that question again, man.
Now show me on this doll where it is that you touch little kids.

ElectroWaffle
VeteranXX
Old
173 - 07-20-2011, 12:45
Coherent tehvul is enjoyable tehvul.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
174 - 07-20-2011, 12:47
it's cute how tehvul is trying to get people to pay attention to him

Kelven
VeteranXX
Old
175 - 07-20-2011, 12:47
I kind of have a thing for butt holes

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
176 - 07-20-2011, 12:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
is there a master list of all the people who have been nexted and what happened to them:

kurayami - received a phone call (left forever)
tse tse - email hacked (left forever)
yoda - professor received an email (i dont think he left, maybe he did?)
fourstar - got fired after being nexted by another forum
blitz - says he didnt get fired for taking pictures of women at toys r us but probably did
jm4k - ??
jeremy daspin - received goatse in the mail (died)
cyanide - received a phone call from strega aka the sheriff of nottingham (still posts)
nigafol - cy called my mom and told her i sold coke (still posts)

who am i missing

there must be dozens more based on how upset ppl are about it
DrJonez I think not sure

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
177 - 07-20-2011, 12:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
If you find yourself in a situation where you feel the need to try to scare someone off of the internet by searching through their lives, you are one pathetic loser.
signed.

Kelven
VeteranXX
Old
178 - 07-20-2011, 12:47
my biggest fear if I was to get nexted is that people would really find out that I really am a pathetic loser that can't get laid

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
179 - 07-20-2011, 12:48
seriously, how did tehvul suddenly become coherent? wtf

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
180 - 07-20-2011, 12:48
drjonez rofl

a secret internet stash of every emyincognito pic in existence was found on one of his hosts

Page 9 of 39

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Why I left/am leaving TW

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ಠ_ಠ , ace-con.com is awesome , ace-con.com ripped me off , ace-con.com trash site , big fucking deal , chris johnson toronto , doin my own thing in wow forum , must be doing something right , o neat kura is posting , the fall of tw , yarr matey i banged katie