Reload this Page diablo 3
Page 397 of 620
Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
7921 - 06-19-2012, 11:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Shinzo View Post
Bosses getting enrage timers is lololol especially for tanky players w/ almost no dps and pure survivability. Willing to bet if I had my monk still geared after attack speed **** that I wouldn't be able to clear as effectively even with the mob nerfs since bosses usually took forever to kill.
Yeah, my barb is going to suck now since I used IAS and a s/s tank build.

Sponsored Links
DistortedRiff
VeteranX
Old
7922 - 06-19-2012, 11:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni View Post
do you have enough +crit at level 30 for critical mass?
I didn't use crit mass then, I can't remember what exactly I did use because it was a while ago, but it was something like Wizard - Game Guide - Diablo III iirc.

It's so strong through nm and hell that crit mass doesn't really matter...it plays a lot differently though. At some levels I used energy twisters and force push just because they're more fun and you don't die anyway...made it most of the way through A1 inferno in the same gear I finished hell with. imo after you get around 20k damage on the char sheet, worry more about every other stat (crit, crit dmg, all res, LoH). I stopped playing because all my friends did, but I have something like 30% crit, 1200 LoH, 800 something all res, a load of crit dmg, etc (and 28k dmg on char sheet). Shields with crit chance and int and other good stats are cheap...everything else you need at 60 is mad money. I got lucky and found a nice andariel's visage from a barrel on my way to leoric which funded everything.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
7923 - 06-19-2012, 13:07
Looks like the servers may be back up. Some no life unemployed loser log in and report back with how Inferno is now.

Bump
Unregistered
Old
7924 - 06-19-2012, 13:11
ya i just checked it out

game is still terrible

usuck sobad

PoorDoggy
VeteranXV
Old
7925 - 06-19-2012, 13:12
at DHs getting ****ed so hard. Hope they enjoyed the effortless farming while it lasted.

Patch is two steps forward, one step back from my perspective. Lots of sensible nerfs to mobs with aggravating abilities or overtuned stats. Bosses get more interesting/dangerous, but there is also basically no reason to kill them with the new NV functionality; faster and easier to hunt another champ pack for your token vendor rare. Lots of skill nerfs to clever builds, as always, without any buffs to the dozens of skills nobody ever uses past nightmare. Bizarre change to object loot rules; now the game is just littered with useless (clickable) doodads like a Starcraft map.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
7926 - 06-19-2012, 13:12
Shouldn't you be posting the T:A thread? LMAO

boston
VeteranXV
Old
7927 - 06-19-2012, 13:38
great. they patched the repair cost in. i have ****ty gear, tic and soldevi can confirm that. its like 25k to repair when i get the yellow icon in the corner of my screen.

gg thats just going to make me bot if i even want to play.

Pelleas
VeteranXX
Old
7928 - 06-19-2012, 13:56
My level 60 repair costs jumped from 10,000 at red to about 60,000 gold in red. Attack speed nerf is kind of annoying too...DPS dropped about 5k for me.

The mobs are definitely easier in inferno however.

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
7929 - 06-19-2012, 14:14
I lost around 1k dps, but I was only around 12k to begin with. I killed an elite pack in A3 right off the bat, so the enemies in A3-4 are much easier.

Tic
VeteranXX
Old
7930 - 06-19-2012, 14:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
great. they patched the repair cost in. i have ****ty gear, tic and soldevi can confirm that. its like 25k to repair when i get the yellow icon in the corner of my screen.

lol yes

and then you found Tals Breast Plate

You are as rich as I am now.....which means pretty ****ing poor

JudgeU
VeteranXV
Old
7931 - 06-19-2012, 14:39
With the nerfed attack speed I went from 28k to 25k.

JudgeU
VeteranXV
Old
7932 - 06-19-2012, 14:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
The Ball Lightning tooltip is highly inaccurate. It often (but not always) zaps things twice, but only actually does 77.5% per hit.

Test it for yourself, it does half the damage per hit.

EDIT: Also I find Rapid Fire basically unusable in Inferno. Maybe Act 1, but standing still for any significant amount of time outside of that seems like a bad idea.
So, I checked during my lunch break and you are correct. Despite what the tooltip says, Ball lightning doesn't do as much damage as nether tentacles. I tested them out against Act 2 mobs going back and forth. Here's what I noticed:

If you're in a hallway nether tentacles will act like a bowling ball and the monsters as the pins. Even with 1-hit nerf. Even if you miss some pins, you can just keep chunking those balls down the lane.

If you're in a hallway ball lightning will do less damage per hit, but you'll hit every pin down that alleyway. It's electric arches go at least 3 times that of the tentacles. You also get multiple hits per ball, and if the monster has a big enough hitbox, you could get 3 hits per ball.

Both seemed capable a clearing out mobs with minimal cost (hatred). I wouldn't rag on anyone for choosing either. And there are some situations where one would be better than the other.

That being said, I'm still sticking with nether tentacles. Even with the nerf it still kicks ass.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
7933 - 06-19-2012, 15:28
wow i got this new patch to crash pretty fast lol

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
7934 - 06-19-2012, 15:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
wow i got this new patch to crash pretty fast lol
hey at least you didn't get banned in the Warden wave.

Ppl were talking about Warden possibly being able to track consistent/repetitive keystrokes and such.

Soldevi
VeteranXX
Old
7935 - 06-19-2012, 15:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post

true, ur **** is bad

this repair cost thing is ****ing dumb, it's gonna annoy me and I got 10 mil in my inv

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
7936 - 06-19-2012, 16:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
hey at least you didn't get banned in the Warden wave.

Ppl were talking about Warden possibly being able to track consistent/repetitive keystrokes and such.
did anyone here get banned?... guess i should finally make that thing random lol

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
7937 - 06-19-2012, 16:02
**** i lost like 11k deepz.... srsly wtf did they nerf AS, what was so OP/whatever about it

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
7938 - 06-19-2012, 16:03
It was the only stat anybody was going for. Now maybe people will look for "No durability loss on death"

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
7939 - 06-19-2012, 16:07
The AS nerf isn't bad in the dps lost on char sheet. It sucks dick in the "how many attacks can I get off before I need to run away again" sense cause it's going to be far fewer in a lot of cases.

Also sucks for monks and spirit regen/loh builds.

But if they've made it that much easier who knows. I'm giving barb a whirl this go round so we'll see when I get to cap again.

ZProtoss
10,000++
Old
7940 - 06-19-2012, 17:00
Act 3 isn't noticably easier. Pretty ****ty.

Page 397 of 620

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page diablo 3

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
#odio is a virgin , #odio is an awkward faggot , better than strippers , black ppl r cancer , error #37 , everquest 2 , give me back my son deckard , god damn im fat , i cant stop duping , i had sex with katie , jerk off to diablo , kill diablo , mephisto took my son , nerds , niggers gonna rape u , odio is ugly nerd , path of exile is better , single , they took my soj , uncle decard fuked my pussy , yarr matey diablo banged me , yarr matey i banged katie