[Mega] MAGA SuperTrap Mega Thread

Bruce Springsteen
Prince
Merle Haggard

A ton of Country/Western people; I don't listen to that, so you can research it on your own.

Chet Atkins played Gibson and some other weird kind of guitar.
You are talking about my new tele. This thread was about my new Fender Elite Strat. So it goes..

Squier
MiMexico
American Standard
American Deluxe
American Special
American Professional
American Elite
American Custom Shop - 3 grand minimum start

This be my elite

20180810_102549.jpg

I can actually do a pretty good rendition of Wish You Were Here and I play exclusively acoustic. I don't know if TW is where I want to debut it though ;)

take your acoustic.. feed it into a MXR Phase 90 pedal > Amp.

Now you sound exactly like the recording

works at ontario teachers pension plan and has a proudboy's signature

probably has slept with doug ford like he slept with his priest when he was an alter boy

it all makes sense now

there are a few things i'd go back and fix if i were to start from scratch, but i threw together the intro last night. i would probably scrap the whole thing and use a metronome if i ever decided to record the whole song because i didn't anticipate this turning into a mini-project. one thing i've learned is that it ain't easy being David Gilmour, but overall it sounds pretty decent

just for you tkk

Vocaroo | Wish You Were Here

there are a few things i'd go back and fix if i were to start from scratch, but i threw together the intro last night. i would probably scrap the whole thing and use a metronome if i ever decided to record the whole song because i didn't anticipate this turning into a mini-project. one thing i've learned is that it ain't easy being David Gilmour, but overall it sounds pretty decent

just for you tkk

Vocaroo | Wish You Were Here

That's pretty good, who was the vocals at end?

thx, that's me. i cut it short to save your ears and save myself from merciless ridicule. just wanted to focus on the lead guitar for the sake of this recording

That's fucking terrible, sounds like you put a couple of extra notes in the intro and some of the pauses were too long. You play like shit and have a stupid cuck voice.

j/k - that's really good, thx for being brave

That's fucking terrible, sounds like you put a couple of extra notes in the intro and some of the pauses were too long. You play like shit and have a stupid cuck voice.

j/k - that's really good, thx for being brave
it's weird what happens when you're recording and you focus too intensely on what you're playing. you make stupid mistakes on something you've played a million times because you're thinking about making it perfect. i banged out the rhythm guitar on my 2nd take and said "meh good enough", and then spent much more time getting the lead guitar mostly right. then i realized the rhythm sounded comparatively sloppy, but it came out good enough so i uploaded it

thx for the compliment :]

Trying to mimic guitar gods is frustrating. David is my hero. I know a shit ton of his songs. I have the right equipment.

What I don't have is his touch.. Touch is everything. BB King and his vibrato, David Gilmour and his gentle touch and perfect bends...

Some things just can't be duplicated

On the other hand.. some things can.

I am sucker for a great modulation effect.. here is a classic re-released

Truth. I know very few artists songs. I know a lot of songs but from just a couple of bands. That really isn't my thing though.

I am into loopers. Not a fan of old Ed Sheeran but if you don't know what a looper is and how it can be used, he can explain it better.

Now he is set up way better and with more gear but the basics are the same. Make your own music and the just solo over the top. I can do it longer than my fingers can stand it. Mostly I just use different guitars but I throw keyboard into it once in awhile. I spend hours putting stuff together then I get great joy out of deleting it and starting over on another idea

I also know I will never be as good as this dude, or chick or whatever. Don't watch the following video late at night

Back