Child gambling has quadrupled in the UK thanks to loot boxes by Amadeus - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Child gambling has quadrupled in the UK thanks to loot boxes
Page 4 of 10
Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 11-24-2018, 14:22
also please go into your clear expertise in 'neural processes' and childhood development as it pertains to gambling. i know you're trying to speak from authority on a matter in which we all have done 0 studies on but if anything showing a kid you will lose more often than not will develop 'neural processes' that show its ****ing stupid to gamble further proving my point you are going to cause kids to think this **** is cool like all the drug laws of the 60s did. misguided emotional bait from misguided emotional human beings

i know you're just saying neural processes to sound smart though and doubt you know what say an axion actually does tho (feel free to google it and prove me wrong tho)

Sponsored Links
Flipp
Veteran4
Old
62 - 11-24-2018, 14:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipp View Post
fukn wyte trash pedo amapedo smdh lol

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
63 - 11-24-2018, 14:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban_Villa View Post
also please go into your clear expertise in 'neural processes' and childhood development as it pertains to gambling. i know you're trying to speak from authority on a matter in which we all have done 0 studies on but if anything showing a kid you will lose more often than not will develop 'neural processes' that show its ****ing stupid to gamble further proving my point you are going to cause kids to think this **** is cool like all the drug laws of the 60s did. misguided emotional bait from misguided emotional human beings

i know you're just saying neural processes to sound smart though and doubt you know what say an axion actually does tho (feel free to google it and prove me wrong tho)
5 minutes of googling will give you this:

Psychiatric correlates of gambling in adolescents and young adults grouped by age at gambling onset. - PubMed - NCBI

Quote:
CONCLUSIONS: Adolescent-onset gambling is associated with more severe psychiatric problems, particularly substance use disorders, in adolescents and young adults.

And Age of onset in pathological gambling: clinical, therapeutic and personality correlates. - PubMed - NCBI

Quote:
Younger age of onset was related to greater severity of pathological gambling (P < 0.015), higher novelty seeking, and lower self-directedness (P < 0.015).

Last edited by Amadeus; 11-24-2018 at 14:38..
Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 11-24-2018, 14:39
Do you understand that association does not equal causation or do you need to go back to PSYC 100 for some remedial action lol.

also as proven - your expertise stems from 5 minutes of googling. next

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 11-24-2018, 14:41
If scientific journals aren't good enough for you, you're welcome to go to your nearest university and ask a professor of psychology/neurology if you want an expert opinion.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 11-24-2018, 14:47
did you just equate yourself to a professor of two similar yet different fields in psychology (how **** is expressed in humans) and neurology (how **** is wired and what certain wiring/lack of wiring means) despite not understanding the conclusions to the study you took 5 minutes to anoint yourself an expert in once you found one that you believed (wrongly) verified your opinion?

you do understand the only thing concluded was 'those who want to gamble as an adolescent will likely later be diagnosed with more serious disorders,' in short completely proving my point all you're doing is pushing this issue into the future where it will manifest and have even more serious detrimental effects? (not that i pretend companies are doing this as a public health service lol)

jesus christ i weep for the UK if this man is actually a part of your electorate. im thankful we have one illegal immigrant here and not one amadeus

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 11-24-2018, 14:53
Quote:
did you just equate yourself to a professor of two similar yet different fields in psychology (how **** is expressed in humans) and neurology (how **** is wired and what certain wiring/lack of wiring means) despite not understanding the conclusions to the study you took 5 minutes to anoint yourself an expert in once you found one that you believed (wrongly) verified your opinion?
No, I did not.

But you never answered my question. Do you think the current laws protecting minors from gambling should be abolished?

TrojanMan421
VeteranXX
Old
68 - 11-24-2018, 15:02
EV is on tilt holy ****

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 11-24-2018, 15:04
ill pull an amadeus on you since you ask bait questions like that - should candy be be banned from minors? [insert 5 minute google study] showing kids are more likely to be obese when given unregulated access to candy in their adolescent years

sam said it tho - enforce the laws on the book. get your virtue signalling nanny state 'more laws always right' **** out of here. better yet start a gofundme to sue EA. i'll give you 10 bucks no ****, if it encourages you to stop aimlessly *****ing here and to actually do something. maybe you'll even form the 'neural processes' that utilizing laws on the book actually works instead of opaque bureaucratic systems such as the ratings boards of our respective countries that aren't accountable to the people regulating private business.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 11-24-2018, 15:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan421 View Post
EV is on tilt holy ****
im gonna have to buy at least 50 loot boxes to get over this ****!!

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 11-24-2018, 15:11
Quote:
sam said it tho - enforce the laws on the book.
Are you in favor of updating laws to accommodate modern technology so that they can continue to serve their original intended purposes?

TrojanMan421
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 11-24-2018, 15:19
Quote:
ill pull an amadeus on you since you ask bait questions like that - should candy be be banned from minors? [insert 5 minute google study] showing kids are more likely to be obese when given unregulated access to candy in their adolescent years
they have laws about where, when, and how they can advertise sugary food to children, yes.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
73 - 11-24-2018, 15:32
Quote:
Give me a sample draft legislation to stop loot boxes for under 18 year olds that they can't circumvent and I can get on board.
we don't need new laws

class loot boxes as gambling (which they transparently are) and enforce the laws we already have

it's that simple bro no nannies required

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 11-24-2018, 15:50
modern technology? what? we had the slot machine in the 1800s.

you've never stated how this is gambling tho, which is why i say enforce the law and why you skirt the question. you say 'update the law' but don't actually know what you want. can i take a stab?

is it the fact that corporations are utilizing what could be considered a loophole by providing a product for every contract executed (one key for one random e item)? how does one than account for item appreciation or speculation in assets that could be worth more in the future, meaning your cheap item today could make you your money back later? see how we're starting to broach how to actually value electronic goods and how this becomes not a question of gambling but of e-items in general?

what about seasonal items that are super cool now, super ****ty for 11 months, then super cool again? can you sue a halloween goods manufacturer knowing their value will decrease come november 1st or do you accept this as implied conditions when you purchase the goods?

if anything I'd argue for the SEC to regulate the market as since trackers have become more common and companies have facilitated the trade of these goods as well as liquidation of lesser items to ones of potentially more. note ive spent 16 bucks in keys between CSGO and RL so I'm not an expert but was exposed to this when i wanted a stat trak and specific color car. saw a whole new world of bangladeshi fraudsters and kids asking for free stuff lol.

i concur that this triggers the same gambling instincts as classic slots and i believe i saw a news article on a study about it- however so does the stock market. **** gets murky when you start to classify games as sports and paying for performance enhancing items that come from these loot boxes in some games could be considered fair play as the kid with the better gear will do better IRL so why not online - what than about your shoddily written law that didn't take into account that? then every game becomes pay to win since the courts have declared that okay, and everyone thanks Amadeus because he emotionally wanted a law without thinking about it.

test the law first, then lets write legislation. its a pretty simple process. the more time you spend listlessly saying 'state please do something this doesnt feel right,' the more time EA has to 'self regulate' as you so wish and find new loopholes.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
75 - 11-24-2018, 15:51
but nannies are required

after reading this thread it has nothing to do with the kids

amadeus doesn't care about the kids, unless it helps him molest them

or take advantage of them

of all the **** in the UK to care about........this isn't even an actual issue

Rotherham child abuse: The background to the scandal - BBC News

this is......

this has to do with adult sized autist children, who say play games all day, watch cartoons all day, needing loot boxes to be banned for their own mental stability

the more of an npc life normie marxist you are the more you hate these things

I've seen ztir cry about them in easily a dozen threads already.....same with got haggis

I mean I don't even know what a lootbox is but I want to invest in them just because of this

the real problem here is that amadues is physically upset that he can play a game forever and not get every badge, every good boy point, all the merch, in every color, no matter how long or often he plays

that developers will always offer new content as long as someone is willing to pay them more money for it

that you could spend thousands and not get every combination of goods and additional content

the concept of that is simply unacceptable. it is like telling him he can't look inside of a gift box before xmas

that there are just some rooms in a building that will have to go unexplored and there is no key for.

all of this physically sends him into epileptic fits of rage and he just projects that issue and insecurity onto kids who do seem to be ok with the concept of they can't have everything all the time.......that it is ok not to have every new fortnight skin/gun in every possible color combination and still go on living at the end of the day

OCD AUTISM is what this is really about......the need to find a cure

this is what really needs to be made into a law (for adults, not kids)......but I digress because the rest really doesn't matter. you can't talk people out of a mental illness over the internet.

his complete collection of dipping sauces for those nightly tendies will explain the rest

Last edited by Captain Tele; 11-24-2018 at 15:59..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
76 - 11-24-2018, 15:56
Quote:

you've never stated how this is gambling tho, which is why i say enforce the law and why you skirt the question. you say 'update the law' but don't actually know what you want. can i take a stab?

is it the fact that corporations are utilizing what could be considered a loophole by providing a product for every contract executed (one key for one random e item)? how does one than account for item appreciation or speculation in assets that could be worth more in the future, meaning your cheap item today could make you your money back later? see how we're starting to broach how to actually value electronic goods and how this becomes not a question of gambling but of e-items in general?

what about seasonal items that are super cool now, super ****ty for 11 months, then super cool again? can you sue a halloween goods manufacturer knowing their value will decrease come november 1st or do you accept this as implied conditions when you purchase the goods?

if anything I'd argue for the SEC to regulate the market as since trackers have become more common and companies have facilitated the trade of these goods as well as liquidation of lesser items to ones of potentially more. note ive spent 16 bucks in keys between CSGO and RL so I'm not an expert but was exposed to this when i wanted a stat trak and specific color car. saw a whole new world of bangladeshi fraudsters and kids asking for free stuff lol.

i concur that this triggers the same gambling instincts as classic slots and i believe i saw a news article on a study about it- however so does the stock market. **** gets murky when you start to classify games as sports and paying for performance enhancing items that come from these loot boxes in some games could be considered fair play as the kid with the better gear will do better IRL so why not online - what than about your shoddily written law that didn't take into account that? then every game becomes pay to win since the courts have declared that okay, and everyone thanks Amadeus because he emotionally wanted a law without thinking about it.

test the law first, then lets write legislation. its a pretty simple process. the more time you spend listlessly saying 'state please do something this doesnt feel right,' the more time EA has to 'self regulate' as you so wish and find new loopholes.
i think it is a "gamble" to even have to pay money for a game at all

I mean what if it sucks and it isn't fullfilling

or i beat it in just a few short hours

what then? THERE OUGHT TO BE A BOUGHT IT LAW

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
77 - 11-24-2018, 15:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
we don't need new laws

class loot boxes as gambling (which they transparently are) and enforce the laws we already have

it's that simple bro no nannies required
i disagree

the entire facade around loot boxes are. ALMOST hitting that big rare one. the actual spinning of it to pretend its chance and not determined the minute you execute the transaction.

electronic items have value though. loot boxes can not be cart blanched classed as gambling as these items are subject to market demands, and particularly items that are readily perceived as perfromance enhancing if you look at some users engaging in sport. which is video games a sports? i dont think so but many do. the can of worms being opened is tremendous and people fail to realize this in their emotional hubris

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 11-24-2018, 15:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
i think it is a "gamble" to even have to pay money for a game at all

I mean what if it sucks and it isn't fullfilling

or i beat it in just a few short hours

what then? THERE OUGHT TO BE A BOUGHT IT LAW

hahaha thank you for saying what i was going to get at but not in a multi para form.

in the end every transaction is in essence a gamble - i bet a lot of FO76 guys are feeling it now too.

TrojanMan421
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 11-24-2018, 16:11
you spend money on a chance to obtain specific licensed content with dubious odds

if i went to a store to buy gym shoes and had to just randomly throw money at boxes till i got the shoes i wanted it, it's gambling

they are exploiting the loophole by saying you could obtain the content through days of play, but the problem lies in the companies applying a made up valuation to the items

close the loophole, apply a dollar amount valuation to each licensed item, allow players to outright buy the content or gamble with stated odds to try to obtain content with less money

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 11-24-2018, 16:13
Quote:
But we didn't have loot boxes.

Quote:
you've never stated how this is gambling tho
You pay real money for a random reward.

If you want a more precise legal reasoning, ask the Belgian government, because they already declared loot boxes to be gambling.

Quote:

All of that is completely irrelevant. What matters is that you're paying money up front without knowing what you're going to get. Not just how much what you're getting is worth, or how much it's going to be worth X months from now. You don't even know what it is that you're getting when you're making the purchase. That's what makes it gambling.

Quote:
i concur that this triggers the same gambling instincts as classic slots and i believe i saw a news article on a study about it- however so does the stock market.
But on the stock market, you never pay money for stocks in a random company. You know what you want to buy, you make a payment, and now you have the thing you wanted to buy. Unlike loot boxes.

Quote:
what than about your shoddily written law that didn't take into account that? then every game becomes pay to win since the courts have declared that okay, and everyone thanks Amadeus because he emotionally wanted a law without thinking about it.
- I said nothing about pay-to-win
- I said nothing about feelings
- I specifically said that I don't want gambling law itself to change, only the definition of gambling such that loot boxes are included

Chill, take a deep breath, and realize that you're beating on a strawman.

Page 4 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Child gambling has quadrupled in the UK thanks to loot boxes

Social Website Bullshit