SWTOR Active Subscriber Numbers finally revealed by Shopper47 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page SWTOR Active Subscriber Numbers finally revealed
Page 1 of 2
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
1 - 02-03-2012, 12:03
Star Wars: The Old Republic Jumps to Light Speed With Over 1.7 Millions Active Subscribers | DualShockers

tl;dr 1.7 million active users and growing. Pretty impressive, although I don't know where the hell these users are.

Sponsored Links
Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 02-03-2012, 12:23
There's a crapton of servers, it'll take a while for population to catch up

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
3 - 02-03-2012, 15:13
It sold over 2 million copies but has only 1.7 million subscribers. Wouldn't that be a bad sign?

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 02-03-2012, 15:15
Thats a pretty good retention rate for a business; Im not sure about mmo's but it doesnt seem bad.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 02-03-2012, 15:39
if 1.7m out of 2m player paid for at least one month of subscription then it's pretty damn good.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 02-03-2012, 19:25
That is good, I hope the numbers continue to go up.

I canceled already, the account is active until the 19th or 20th and if I start playing I will resub. I haven't played in over a week unless you count putting stuff on the market and sending companions on missions to be playing.

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 02-04-2012, 07:32
1,7 / 2 = 0,85 => 85% retention rate. It really is damn well for a MMO. Now let's see how the numbers look after March patch :> Too early to tell anything, but at least it "won't be going f2p in 6 months" (which was obvious anyways but trolls are trolls)

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 02-04-2012, 15:12
I cancelled as well and have 2 days remaining on my account, but I might pick it up in the future if it seems like it'd be more enjoyable. I haven't logged in to actually play in about 2 weeks.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 02-04-2012, 18:42
I'm canceling. Really surprised it kept that many people. Game has potential, but there's just so many, mostly little, things wrong with it. It feels so outdated and clunky for a game being released now, not to mention it doing nothing new at all besides lolstory. A year from now it could possibly be something special.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 02-04-2012, 21:11
I think what got me was I don't feel like doing raiding and I have been on a winning team of level 15-30 players that beat a team that was mostly level 50 characters so I don't see that there is a challenge to making it to level 50 to pvp when it will be much easier to win when everyone has the same number of abilities.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 02-05-2012, 12:47
Winning in Level 50 PvP is more difficult than lowbie PvP. Essentially, gear is more of a factor at 50 than lowbie PvP. I wreck people that are fresh 50s, as in a 3 shot.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 02-05-2012, 13:30
raiding is way too easy right now, haven't tried nightmare yet but we one shot most hard mode bosses on our first try this week, only SOA was a bit of a challenge.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 02-05-2012, 13:43
I wouldn't assume a retention rate to be valid for at least another month or so. MMOs now take at least three months for the general population to play out the present content, it is still within the period of "newness". And to be fair it probably wouldn't have reached those numbers if Blizzard hadn't dominated the market for the past 6 - 7 years. Here's to hoping it doesn't suffer the same fate and ending up being sEA's "cash cow".

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 02-05-2012, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
Winning in Level 50 PvP is more difficult than lowbie PvP. Essentially, gear is more of a factor at 50 than lowbie PvP. I wreck people that are fresh 50s, as in a 3 shot.
That is why I am not interested in it, the time to get the better gear seems like that will be all the play time for me, even if it took 20 hours of play time to rank up and get the gear it would probably be a month on one character for me.

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 02-05-2012, 15:53
Well ya gotta pick one or the other jer. TC is only raiding 1 day a week, so I am enjoying myself with PvP at the moment.

ferret
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 02-06-2012, 11:07
I'm still enjoying the game, but I actually enjoy the leveling content so that and pvp keeps me going. If I was a raider, I'm not sure that the content would keep me. Ever since wow I refuse to raid because it killed my social life.

As for gearing in pvp, since I didn't have an issue with the bag lottery it wasn't that difficult. I don't think the gear gap should be that drastic from a fresh 50 to BM but every mmo seems to be going this way.

$tarlight
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 02-06-2012, 14:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
Well ya gotta pick one or the other jer. TC is only raiding 1 day a week, so I am enjoying myself with PvP at the moment.
I created a few chars on fatman but i don't see anyone I know the names of on. Mike and keith i don't see on and i don't know what guild everyone is in either.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 02-06-2012, 14:37
if feels like i'm paying a monthly sub for a single player game

leetdemon
VeteranX
Old
19 - 02-14-2012, 12:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
if feels like i'm paying a monthly sub for a single player game
thats the impression I got from beta, I passed on buying retail

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 02-14-2012, 12:20
If all you do is leveling then yea.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page SWTOR Active Subscriber Numbers finally revealed

Social Website Bullshit