Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour? by |R|u|s|t|y| - Page 10 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?
Page 10 of 36
View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 40 27.97%
No 103 72.03%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
181 - 04-03-2016, 14:13
bottom line is raising the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour is going to devalue the dollar and move the middle class closer to the poor class. if that's what you want, then by all means, support this, you stupid ****s.

Sponsored Links
WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
182 - 04-03-2016, 14:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
If there had never been unions you would not have 40 hour work weeks, insurance, child labor laws, breaks, lunches, pretty much every 'perk' you have with a job and every part of a job that keeps an employer from working you like a rented mule for slave wages.
Which I acknowledged in my follow on post.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
183 - 04-03-2016, 14:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
If there had never been unions you would not have 40 hour work weeks, insurance, child labor laws, breaks, lunches, pretty much every 'perk' you have with a job and every part of a job that keeps an employer from working you like a rented mule for slave wages.
not sure what's the point of saying this? everyone knows this.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
184 - 04-03-2016, 14:27
The point is the bargaining power afforded by unions is still useful today. The people that don't think so tend to be business owners.

Ever notice how states where union are basically outlawed are 'right to work states'....but really it means 'right to get fired at any time for any reason' state

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
185 - 04-03-2016, 14:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
bottom line is raising the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour is going to devalue the dollar and move the middle class closer to the poor class. if that's what you want, then by all means, support this, you stupid ****s.
Bottom line is that when you let huge corporations pay people less than it costs to survive they don't die.

The tax payer picks up the difference.

I for one am not a fat mcdonalds eating white trash ****head, so I'm cool if the dollar menu becomes the 2 dollar menu, that way you fat ****s can pick up the tab intead of my taxes.

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
186 - 04-03-2016, 14:36
The issue is Unions do not really bring anything to the table anymore for most people. Pensions are dying, workers rights are protected by the government, and your welfare is based upon what some ******* negotiates for you. That's not even getting into the huge pain in the ass it is to fire a union member who is a total **** bag. The fact is a Union can totally bankrupt a company and most employees don't want to deal with the financial and emotional headache that comes with being in one.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
187 - 04-03-2016, 14:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantred View Post
Bottom line is that when you let huge corporations pay people less than it costs to survive they don't die.

The tax payer picks up the difference.

I for one am not a fat mcdonalds eating white trash ****head, so I'm cool if the dollar menu becomes the 2 dollar menu, that way you fat ****s can pick up the tab intead of my taxes.
yeah, cuz only ****ty fast food restaurants will raise their prices if the minimum wage is raised to $15.

you dumb ****.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
188 - 04-03-2016, 14:48
pensions are dying because there is nobody protecting them, only some rights are protected by the government.

And for everyone talking about how much of a pain in the ass it is to fire a union worker...how many have ever actually worked for a union themselves? As most in here are some form of IT worker or somewhat young, i'd say most have only heard about unions from their grandfathers or what they have read online

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
189 - 04-03-2016, 14:49
I don't think people realize how many people make less than $15 an hour. It's not just fast food workers. Most laborers make $10-15 an hour, from plumbing to carpentry. That Carpenter that has his own company and 5 employees, he probably has to find a way to pay an extra $30 an hour in labor. No way that will translate to higher prices right?

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
190 - 04-03-2016, 15:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
uhoh lil guy is mad

tell u what get a job and people will stop laughing at u
when pagy n tehvul ur only neg reppers u kno u doin something rite

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
191 - 04-03-2016, 17:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
when pagy n tehvul ur only neg reppers u kno u doin something rite

yeah i don't know what u are doing right

you remind me of every other socal scum bag these days

ball till u fall...but gimme my 15 an hour so we can be drunk in the park on ceaser chavez day

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
192 - 04-03-2016, 17:48
Epidemic is one of our dumber posters.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
193 - 04-03-2016, 17:53
Skimming through this thread I see a lot of consistent complaints and arguments.

All of them having some truth

The reason unions are dead and dying.....people are falling further and further into poverty.....pensions are done......everything is going to **** and most people feel like they are drowning is due to one very simple concept.

Workers no longer have any leverage over their employers. None at all. Not one iota.

TOO MANY ****ING PEOPLE FIGHTING AND COMPETING FOR TOO FEW OF JOBS

A FIAT MONETARY SYSTEM THAT IS BOTH MORALLY AND ETHICALLY BANKRUPT

I'm not getting into the second concept...because most of you are too dumb to grasp the first one.

So let me make this real simple:

when you have ten new jobs and one eligible worker to fill the position....salaries have to go up. you have to incentivize and actually encourage people to work for you. you have to fight for that worker.

when you have ten people fighting for one job. one **** job. the complete opposite of that is going to happen. you are going to get stepped on like a bug. treated as if you are expendable. a piece of trash doing **** work at a **** wage.

remember the golden era of the 90's when signing bonuses actually existed?

we never thought that the unemployment rate could get so low?

What do we have today? The exact ****ing opposite of that.

Despite bogus unemployment rate statistics saying everything is great......we also have record people on disability and collecting food stamps.

We have an economy where millions recently lost their jobs in a recession (caused by a **** monetary system and the bubbles of central banks)

But despite so many unemployed we open the flood gates of labor to other countries.

Make it so you have to compete against third world labor to find a job (via insourcing or outsourcing)

Obama offers amnesty to 5 million illegal immigrants, defies GOP

we give millions of illegal immigrants amnesty??

We give out record new visa applications to virtually all industries

We are constantly being told these people will do jobs that most Americans will not?

despite so many people not being able to find a job? record new decline and levels of American worker participation rates?

Huh.....what gives?

Why do people need a living wage if nobody needs to work?

If over 1/3 of our core aged work force no longer need to find work.....WTF is wrong?

Why do we need better salaries if this is honestly the case. If we can choose to be so picky. You can now see where politicians spew the **** that we need foreign labor to fill our own labor inadequacies and void.

How H-1B Visas Are Screwing Tech Workers

Laid-off IT workers muzzled as H-1B debate heats up

We have a President and numerous alphabet Agencies hellbent on telling us they can't find enough "qualified" applicants and engineers willing to work for third world wages.......it isn't this retards fault. It has been this way and only getting worse since long before Nixon.

Engineer's Wife 'Ferocious' in Obama Q&A on H-1Bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jBb70Dc3Ug

this is what industry tells you

Obama boost for H1-B spouses & students
- President***8217;s initiative set to ease curbs on right to work and extend post-studies window

But hey.....wage suppression isn't real

We can fix this by giving everyone the same wage if this keeps up

That will solve everything.

Greeter at Wal-Mart and your Doctor should be earning the same amount IMO

That will fix all of this.......nothing to see here folks

lets band-aid real issues.

Last edited by Captain Tele; 04-03-2016 at 18:12..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
194 - 04-03-2016, 17:54
I honestly can't recall him ever posting on tw until now

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
195 - 04-03-2016, 18:06
epidemic = SuicideSnowman

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
196 - 04-03-2016, 18:06
pagy lives in canada

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
197 - 04-03-2016, 18:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
epidemic = SuicideSnowman
yeah no it isnt

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
198 - 04-03-2016, 18:08
lol that graph makes a 3% drop look like crazy trouble

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
199 - 04-03-2016, 18:14
FIFTY NEW PEOPLE FIGHTING FOR THAT ONE NEW JOB AT APPLEBEES BUSING TABLES IS GOING TO FIX ALL THIS

and boy will applebees be excited to hire that person for $15 an hour

enjoy your $20 appetizer while *****ing that food now costs too much

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
200 - 04-03-2016, 18:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yeah no it isnt
yeah he is dumb as **** dutch

someone should post that picture of epidemic holding his newest iphone and giving himself a selfy in the produce section @ Vons....with his shiny new jordans and badassery affliction tshirt on

(not a joke...completely serious)

wonder why he can't make a "living wage"

wonder how big the spinners on his escalade are

Last edited by Captain Tele; 04-03-2016 at 18:21..
Page 10 of 36

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert