TribalWar and F4$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerosene31 said:
Neither side should have stooped to getting people personally involved. Sure we flame, whatever, but it is always done with at least a reasonable sense of anonymity.

The forum invasions were pure comedy gold. However, calling people's family, going to their house crosses the line from fun to criminal.

What are you, nuts? The guy had his home address and phone number in his sites WHOIS lookup.

Clue for clueless: There is no anonymity on the web unless you create it.

If you are going to participate on the internet, you better grow a thick skin.

Photographing someones house at an address they made publicly available doesn't cross any line whatsoever. There's nothing illegal about it.

Hand delivering a personal letter to a publicly available address also doesn't cross any line. There's nothing illegal about it.

The contents of the letter crossed one line only, a line of decorum. Yet they started it. And "he" gets to take responsibility for dealing with it by virtue of the fact that those are his forums. And he should be ready to deal with such stuff and shrug it off, because... it's the internet.

But no.

yeah i just realized nspectre nice move on hand delivering instead of sticking it in his mailbox

mailbox might have put you in some shit

I love the fact that an old Dutch man with a huge, gaping anus had such a huge part to play in this saga...

I want to sell this whole thing as a mini-series, with nspectre played by Ben Affleck, Colosus played by Brian Denehy, and Ruthless1 played by Al Pacino.

Seriously though, why not just leave the phone off the hook and call the authorities. Or just shut down TW without the incredibly pussified message?

Whatever. I don't need the interweb lesson, I realize that the anonymity is never really there. People here can flame all they want, but when someone shows up at someone's house, it crosses a line.

Anyway it is over so let's just agree to disagree.

BeavisNuke said:
It's illegal to place something in a mailbox without going through the post office. Post boxes are federal property.
where did you ever get this silly notion

Kerosene31 said:
Whatever. I don't need the interweb lesson, I realize that the anonymity is never really there. People here can flame all they want, but when someone shows up at someone's house, it crosses a line.

Anyway it is over so let's just agree to disagree.

not really. nspectre did it as a joke. he didn't show up with a letter and a gun.

if someone shows up at someone's house in a good-natured fashion, who the fuck cares. You can come visit my house with a goatse poster and i'll laugh then give you a beer for all i care.

showing up at someone's house in malice and threatening bodily harm is another matter. show up at my house with threats and i will vodka-bottle-to-the-head-fu you.

BeavisNuke said:
that's what everyone says. they must be right since they are all saying it vge :shrug:
the mailboxes ARE federal property, but the only thing you can't do is vandalize them. it's not illegal to put things in someone's mailbox like a letter for example.

iNVAR said:
where did you ever get this silly notion

It's the law.

I don't think the boxes are considered property of the post office. If you only have a mail slot in your door does that mean the post office owns your door? ;)

It's more along the lines of tresspassing I believe. The mailman has "immunity" from tresspassing into your mailbox to deliver your mail.

What does the law specifically say about placing items such as letters into someone else's mailbox?

Yeah I don't know details, but here in New York, I used to deliver menu's to people's houses. I was told to never put them into a person's mailbox. You can slide them under a door, rubber band them onto the knob, etc. I was told the same thing when delivering newspapers as well. Never put the paper in the mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back