Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer. by Got Haggis? - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer.
Page 1 of 10
Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 01-12-2010, 15:32
Quote:
People of Earth:

In the last few days, I’ve been getting a lot of sympathy calls, and I want to start by making it clear that no one should waste a second feeling sorry for me. For 17 years, I’ve been getting paid to do what I love most and, in a world with real problems, I’ve been absurdly lucky. That said, I’ve been suddenly put in a very public predicament and my bosses are demanding an immediate decision.

Six years ago, I signed a contract with NBC to take over The Tonight Show in June of 2009. Like a lot of us, I grew up watching Johnny Carson every night and the chance to one day sit in that chair has meant everything to me. I worked long and hard to get that opportunity, passed up far more lucrative offers, and since 2004 I have spent literally hundreds of hours thinking of ways to extend the franchise long into the future. It was my mistaken belief that, like my predecessor, I would have the benefit of some time and, just as important, some degree of ratings support from the prime-time schedule. Building a lasting audience at 11:30 is impossible without both.

But sadly, we were never given that chance. After only seven months, with my Tonight Show in its infancy, NBC has decided to react to their terrible difficulties in prime-time by making a change in their long-established late night schedule.

Last Thursday, NBC executives told me they intended to move the Tonight Show to 12:05 to accommodate the Jay Leno Show at 11:35. For 60 years the Tonight Show has aired immediately following the late local news. I sincerely believe that delaying the Tonight Show into the next day to accommodate another comedy program will seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. The Tonight Show at 12:05 simply isn’t the Tonight Show. Also, if I accept this move I will be knocking the Late Night show, which I inherited from David Letterman and passed on to Jimmy Fallon, out of its long-held time slot. That would hurt the other NBC franchise that I love, and it would be unfair to Jimmy.

So it has come to this: I cannot express in words how much I enjoy hosting this program and what an enormous personal disappointment it is for me to consider losing it. My staff and I have worked unbelievably hard and we are very proud of our contribution to the legacy of The Tonight Show. But I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is its destruction. Some people will make the argument that with DVRs and the Internet a time slot doesn’t matter. But with the Tonight Show, I believe nothing could matter more.

There has been speculation about my going to another network but, to set the record straight, I currently have no other offer and honestly have no idea what happens next. My hope is that NBC and I can resolve this quickly so that my staff, crew, and I can do a show we can be proud of, for a company that values our work.

Have a great day and, for the record, I am truly sorry about my hair; it’s always been that way.

Yours,

Conan
BREAKING: Conan O'Brien Rejects NBC's Offer -- The Full Statement | Movieline

awesome. **** NBC and Jay Leno.

Sponsored Links
zeph
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 01-12-2010, 15:34
Good for Conan.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
3 - 01-12-2010, 15:34
its all a pr stunt to get ratings.

D1nonly
Veteran++
Old
4 - 01-12-2010, 15:37
Mother****ing awesome. Conan just continues to prove that he rocks. **** Leno.

Firepower!
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 01-12-2010, 15:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph View Post
Good for Conan.

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 01-12-2010, 15:37
Leno is actually a really nice guy in person, according to many people, and an all-around 'people person', besides having a lot of wealth and buying himself toys.

Conan, however, actually brings the funny. I have to side with Conan on this one.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 01-12-2010, 15:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
its all a pr stunt to get ratings.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 01-12-2010, 15:39
Ratings are down because people are in bed by 10:30pm. In the old days, work was 9-5, not any more. Plus the networks pissed off half the people by making fun of Bush and supporting the left. If FOX ran a comedy show at 11pm, I'd probably watch a little of it before the actors come on to pimp their movie or book. But instead they run the local news again. I will not support left wing networks.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 01-12-2010 at 15:41..
Reaver
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 01-12-2010, 15:39
You'd think Leno would be a lot more empathetic to the situation considering he was almost fired too when he took over the Tonight show. What a ****.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
10 - 01-12-2010, 15:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Ratings are down because people are in bed by 10:30pm. In the old days, work was 9-5, not any more. Plus the networks pissed off half the people by making fun of Bush and supporting the left. If FOX ran a comedy show at 11pm, I'd probably watch a little of it before the actors come on to pimp their movie or book. But instead they run the local news again.
more nfgm gold

Fancy Cat
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 01-12-2010, 15:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph View Post
Good for Conan.

MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 01-12-2010, 15:44
see, the fact conan makes me laugh while telling nbc where to stick it makes me him even more

HollyW00d
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 01-12-2010, 15:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Ratings are down because people are in bed by 10:30pm. In the old days, work was 9-5, not any more. Plus the networks pissed off half the people by making fun of Bush and supporting the left. If FOX ran a comedy show at 11pm, I'd probably watch a little of it before the actors come on to pimp their movie or book. But instead they run the local news again. I will not support left wing networks.

You're a moron. And you're very stupid.

groundzero
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 01-12-2010, 15:45
conan is the funny, his demise makes me sad.

Jim Beam
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 01-12-2010, 15:45
Oh my gawd (OMG for tweeters). I cannot imagine late night television without Conan.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
16 - 01-12-2010, 15:46
so basically they took leno off the tonight show and then put him on a new show which they are moving to the same time as the tonight show

oh ok

Fox k
Veteran++
Old
17 - 01-12-2010, 15:46
Go Conan!

veorx
I traded my soul for this title
Contributor
Old
18 - 01-12-2010, 15:49
conan is doing the right thing

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 01-12-2010, 15:49
Awesome.

Conan rules, and NBC proves yet again they are run by the biggest idiots on the planet.

Wraithed
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 01-12-2010, 15:50
I love me some Coco!

Page 1 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Conan O'Brien to NBC: **** you, I reject your offer.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
free ▀█▀ █ ▀█▀ ▄█▀ , http://bit.ly/7amuml