Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page My rotator cuff is ****ed :(
Alpine
Ice Cold++
Contributor
Old
1 - 09-30-2007, 14:50
Ive been working out off and on all my life and about 2 years ago my rotator cuff started aching throughout my work out and now I can barley raise my entire left arm so now I am going to physical therapy to help fix it, but after 3 weeks I see no improvement

I hope I will not need surgery

Sponsored Links
-Bane
VeteranX
Old
2 - 09-30-2007, 15:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Ive been working out off and on all my life and about 2 years ago my rotator cuff started aching throughout my work out
Do you not have insurance or something?? If it's been aching the past 2 years and getting progressively worse...
Quote:
and now I can barley raise my entire left arm
... and you wait until it doesn't work at all to see a professional?
Quote:
I hope I will not need surgery
My grandmother had rotator cuff surgery last May. Coming along better than her back surgery which paralyzed her right quad (had to go into surgery again to fix it). Have fun

TeckMan
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 09-30-2007, 21:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeckMan View Post
I probably post it in every other thread but

The most common training injury is the rotator cuff

A few simple exercises once a week go a long ways to preventing this.
Teres minor/Infraspinatus and Subscapularis:
Back Exercise Menu
Supraspinatus:
Shoulder Exercise Menu

As an added incentive,
If you ever feel tension or pain in your shoulders during bench or have never done these exercises before you may be able to add quite a bit of weight to your bench by strengthening up these muscles
Rotator Cuff injury, usually as a result of strength imbalance, is the most common training injury for beginning weight lifters.

Sorry to hear about your injury Alpine and I do not mean to take the attention of the thread away from you but I want everyone to be aware of this common training pitfall. Make sure your nutrition is ON PAR especially protein stream. Try to take in at least 15g EVERY 2 hours. That will be great for your shoulder. Some extra zinc and magnesium as well as glutamine could be very beneficial. 8 hours of sleep EVERY NIGHT should go a long ways towards making the recovery better as well.

Alpine
Ice Cold++
Contributor
Old
4 - 10-01-2007, 00:14
Quote:
Rotator Cuff injury, usually as a result of strength imbalance, is the most common training injury for beginning weight lifters.

Sorry to hear about your injury Alpine and I do not mean to take the attention of the thread away from you but I want everyone to be aware of this common training pitfall. Make sure your nutrition is ON PAR especially protein stream. Try to take in at least 15g EVERY 2 hours. That will be great for your shoulder. Some extra zinc and magnesium as well as glutamine could be very beneficial. 8 hours of sleep EVERY NIGHT should go a long ways towards making the recovery better as well.
thanks for the excerises and stretches

TeckMan
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 10-01-2007, 02:17
make sure you do not sleep on the injured shoulder either

Darkstrand
VeteranX
Old
6 - 10-01-2007, 02:56
Quote:

so uhh what does tension in the shoulders mean

TeckMan
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 10-03-2007, 00:40
I guess I should've said unusual or undue tension. Ofcourse benching a lot of weight you will feel pressure. You should feel most of the lift in your chest, if you are feeling most of it in your shoulder that is a big sign of trouble.

mixmandan
VeteranX
Old
8 - 10-04-2007, 03:21
Have fun.. I have rotator cuff tendonitus and I can't put my left arm behind my head without it ****ing up.

Inspin
VeteranX
Old
9 - 10-08-2007, 23:21
I just started getting this off and on..I think I'm heading to my team orthopedic surgeon to get this **** checked out. I hear a nice popping sound when I rotate my left shoulder.

I feel your pain

Sensi
VeteranX
Old
10 - 10-08-2007, 23:57
Heh, I had a chronic dislocation in my right shoulder, I had a pretty major surgery on it about 1.5 years ago. (popped out 9 times within a year). The physical therapy SUCKED, but you must must do it - and the homework they give you. If I had done the excersizes I was supposed to do at home, it would have recovered much faster. I had the same problem though, I had lost all my rotation/movement in my shoulder, but it took roughly 8 months to get back to normal.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
11 - 10-09-2007, 10:41
You're pretty ****ed .. :/

Highlife
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 10-09-2007, 13:29
Before surgery I'd have x-rays taken of your shoulder bone articulations and the way they are currently set.

The scapula, normally, should be retrotilted. An antetilted, protracted scapula is very common in rotator cuff problems. This is caused chronically by the pull on the scapula from the pec. minor. Strengthening the rhomboids helps to oppose the pec minor.

The humerus when not properly aligned typically displaces anterior, inferior, and medially resulting in a loss of range of motion.

The clavicle when not properly set usually displaces inferior, and medially.

Before you consider surgery I'd consult an extremities chiropractor and see what non surgical manipulation can be done. I have personally seen friends/colleagues rotator cuff problems resolve after a few manipulations followed by proper rotator cuff strength rehab.

Since it has been a few years, you are in a chronic condition. Surgery is often unnecessary as well as expensive and should be avoided if at all possible.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page My rotator cuff is ****ed :(

Social Website Bullshit