VeteranXX
Old
301 - 10-02-2017, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
But in all fairness, he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
Honestly, its the latter. There is a price to pay for living in a free society.
Yes, that's what he said.

Sponsored Links
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
302 - 10-02-2017, 15:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
No it wont stop all bad guys from shooting people but it will stop some.
Accessibility does factor in to this.

And exactly how is it going to stop citizens from recreational shooting?
Thank god knee jerks can't get to my weapons.

This is what I did this morning.. This is hugely popular right now. It's fun and a some crazy ****s actions shouldn't be enough to take it away

The Beginner’s Guide to 3-Gun Competition | Field & Stream

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
303 - 10-02-2017, 15:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
General Homicide (of any kind) Rate per 100,000

US 4.88
australia 0.98
UK 0.92

i believe UK and australia are considered to have some of the strictest weapons laws. whether there is a correlation or not, i really don't know or care, but i'm not sure your statement is accurate.
88%+ of that is by handguns
90% of that is also in "urban" areas where the gun laws are the strictest.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
304 - 10-02-2017, 15:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
In what way does it help? Taking 2% down to maybe 1-1.5%? You would make a far more potent impact by policing gang violence. What you're asking for is unreasonable regulations being applied to weapons that aren't the problem based on emotional reaction.

Your car argument is silly, and basically for the same reasons. If people wanted to ban cars, it would fall into the same "not all cars" issue. It would make much more sense to ban the vehicles most involved in vehicular homicide, not cars in general.
How about both? So what if its as little as 1%? Its still a lot of people that wouldnt be dead. And you can still shoot your handgun, shotgun and bolt action rifle. So what really gets taken away? Yes its fun shooting a semi automatic rifle, its even more fun shooting a fully automatic one. But im sure people will get over it.

But banning semi auto rifles only has a negible effect on a percentage basis! Sure does! Except in this case its not the value of apple going up or down - its actually a ****load of human beings.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
305 - 10-02-2017, 15:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
88%+ of that is by handguns
90% of that is also in "urban" areas where the gun laws are the strictest.
i'm not arguing about whatever it is you think i'm arguing about

you made an inaccurate statement and i helped you correct it :-)

regarding 'urban laws', the fact remains that most people in the US can travel freely throughout the country, so i'm not sure what local gun laws would really be expected to accomplish. probably mostly used as after-the-fact add-on charges.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
306 - 10-02-2017, 15:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
Thank god knee jerks can't get to my weapons.

This is what I did this morning.. This is hugely popular right now. It's fun and a some crazy ****s actions shouldn't be enough to take it away

The Beginner’s Guide to 3-Gun Competition | Field & Stream

Im thinking you did this in an organized fashion on a professionally set up course not in your back yard? I believe thats basically what i suggested. You can switch out the ar with a bolt action rifle. And its basically the same deal.

Im sorry you cant look like john wick but have to settle for american sniper with that setup though!

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
307 - 10-02-2017, 15:18
Quote:
i'm not arguing about whatever it is you think i'm arguing about

you made an inaccurate statement and i helped you correct it :-)
It is not inaccurate. You are doing statistics for the US as a whole and I just said "where most murders occur"

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
308 - 10-02-2017, 15:19
Quote:
Im thinking you did this in an organized fashion on a professionally set up course not in your back yard? I believe thats basically what i suggested. You can switch out the ar with a bolt action rifle. And its basically the same deal.

Im sorry you cant look like john wick but have to settle for american sniper with that setup though!
well that was a really stupid reply.

Pure emotion with zero logic

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
309 - 10-02-2017, 15:20
Quote:
How about both? So what if its as little as 1%? Its still a lot of people that wouldnt be dead. And you can still shoot your handgun, shotgun and bolt action rifle. So what really gets taken away? Yes its fun shooting a semi automatic rifle, its even more fun shooting a fully automatic one. But im sure people will get over it.

But banning semi auto rifles only has a negible effect on a percentage basis! Sure does! Except in this case its not the value of apple going up or down - its actually a ****load of human beings.
Because the difference of 1% could be attributed to other factors. Perhaps it was just a slow year. Statistically it's irrelevant, so why ban something someone has a legal right to obtain? The only reason you have for that is emotional comfort. That's not a good enough reason, especially for a result that is statistically non existent.

You need a better argument than "the things that aren't the problem shouldn't be allowed because that will make me feel better about not solving the problem."

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
310 - 10-02-2017, 15:21
Quote:

I think you have no ****ing clue how many people use semi automatic rifles for sport in the USA.

Take away guns from tens of millions of Americans to POTENTIALLY save....50 people? When 8000 will be killed by handguns? When 600,000 will die from being fat ****s?

Derp. Derp derp. Typical emotional response completely devoid of logic.

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
311 - 10-02-2017, 15:22
Quote:
well that was a really stupid reply.

Pure emotion with zero logic
I thought it was a pretty good on point reply

Care to elaborate on why you thought it was stupid?

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
312 - 10-02-2017, 15:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
It is not inaccurate. You are doing statistics for the US as a whole and I just said "where most murders occur"
homicide rate for most populous cities per 100,000

New York City 5.6
berlin 1.8
london 1.6

chaiwalla
VeteranX
Old
313 - 10-02-2017, 15:22
IndivisibleKara on Twitter:

hi steve!

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
314 - 10-02-2017, 15:23
Quote:
I thought it was a pretty good on point reply

Care to elaborate on why you thought it was stupid?
Easy. You have no ****ing clue what you are talking about

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
315 - 10-02-2017, 15:24
Quote:
homicide rate for most populous cities per 100,000

New York City 5.6
berlin 1.8
london 1.6
and my point was "where gun laws are the most strict" Aka New York, Chicago, New Orleans etc.

:-)

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
316 - 10-02-2017, 15:25
This all boils down to the argument we hear from time to time "If only ONE life is saved by banning/requiring/etc <insert thing here> it will be worth it. Most find the sentiment to be nice but in practical terms Americans will say "no" to such an argument. I goes against our nature.

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
317 - 10-02-2017, 15:25
Quote:
firearm homicides per 100,000

usa 3.6
canada 0.38
australia 0.16
UK 0.06

shrug
Let me expand that list for you. See any trends?

Country Homicides Guns per 100 hab
Honduras 66.64 (2013) 6.2
Venezuela 39.00 (2009) 10.7
Swaziland 37.16 (2004) 6.4
Jamaica 30.38 (2013) 8.1
Guatemala 29.62 (2013) 13.1
El Salvador 26.49 (2013) 5.8
Colombia 23.93 (2013) 5.9
Brazil 19.99 (2014) 8
Panama 14.36 (2013) 21.7
Philippines 8.90 (2003) 4.7
South Africa 8.2 (2010) 12.7
Mexico 6.34 (2015) 15
Costa Rica 5.92 (2013) 9.9
Paraguay 5.78 (2013) 17
Uruguay 4.78 (2013) 31.8
Peru 4.22 (2013) 18.8
Nicaragua 3.72 (2012) 7.7
United States 3.60 (2014) 112.6
Barbados 3.12 (2013) 7.8
Argentina 2.58 (2012) 10.2
Montenegro 2.42 (2011) 23.1
Cyprus 1.05 (2012) 36.4
Israel 1.04 (2011) 7.3
Turkey 1.03 (2016) ?
Chile 1.02 (2011) 10.7

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
318 - 10-02-2017, 15:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Because the difference of 1% could be attributed to other factors. Perhaps it was just a slow year. Statistically it's irrelevant, so why ban something someone has a legal right to obtain? The only reason you have for that is emotional comfort. That's not a good enough reason, especially for a result that is statistically non existent.

You need a better argument than "the things that aren't the problem shouldn't be allowed because that will make me feel better about not solving the problem."
So auxiliary measures are just not worth it on the way to trying to solve the broader issue? Basically fix it 100% or dont bother? Good stuff

S_hift
VeteranX
Old
319 - 10-02-2017, 15:27
58 less trump supporters on the planet. remember that next time you go outside and maga.

a quote from the movie elephant. "****! Anyway, Mr. Luce, whatever. You know there's other like us out there, too. And they will kill you if you **** with them like you did me and Jared."

so remember all you trumpsters that there are many out there just like this guy. And their work isn't done yet.

Last edited by S_hift; 10-02-2017 at 15:30..
BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
320 - 10-02-2017, 15:27
Quote:
Not that it any of your ****ing business but since I have answered before.

I am out of work due to heart disease.

Caused by rheumatoid arthritis. If you ****s knew anything about the disease you would know movement and exercise are paramount to staying mobile. This is activity sanctioned and encouraged by my doctor.

My heart does no allow me to pass the physical test that were required by my former job

LTD is insurance to cover you so if you get sick or hurt and can no longer do your CURRENT JOB the coverage kicks in.

Not do any job like SSI.. YOUR CURRENT JOB. It protects you and and allows you to maintain your current lifestyle
that's not entirely accurate

if you're able to do part of your job, or a similar job, you can work a percentage and then receive pay for that % plus your disability less the earned portion

Page 16 of 126

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Las Vegas/Mandalay Bay mass shooting

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
cael cuckening nigger lover , dealy derp dipshit , humdumbin , lets kill cael , my life is good , veniggs permanently raging