[Official] GoT S5 Thread

the tv show isn't canon to the books anyway

if it were i'd have my beloved ser barriston fucking selmy back. fucking D&D. let's just kill one of the best characters off in a random alley brilliant grumblegumble

Khrazz laughed. "Old man. I will eat your heart." The two men were of a height, but Khrazz was two stone heavier and forty years younger, with pale skin, dead eyes, and a crest of bristly red-black hair that ran from his brow to the base of his neck.

"Then come," said Barristan the Bold. Khrazz came.

For the first time all day, Selmy felt certain. This is what I was made for, he thought. The dance, the sweet steel song, a sword in my hand and a foe before me.

The pit fighter was fast, blazing fast, as quick as any man Ser Barristan had ever fought. In those big hands, the arakh became a whistling blur, a steel storm that seemed to come at the old knight from three directions at once. Most of the cuts were aimed at his head. Khrazz was no fool. Without a helm, Selmy was most vulnerable above the neck. He blocked the blows calmly, his longsword meeting each slash and turning it aside. The blades rang and rang again. Ser Barristan retreated. On the edge of his vision, he saw the cupbearers watching with eyes as big and white as chicken eggs. Khrazz cursed and turned a high cut into a low one, slipping past the old knight's blade for once, only to have his blow scrape uselessly off a white steel greave. Selmy's answering slash found the pit fighter's left shoulder, parting the fine linen to bite the flesh beneath. His yellow tunic began to turn pink, then red.

"Only cowards dress in iron," Khrazz declared, circling. No one wore armor in the fighting pits. It was blood the crowds came for: death, dismemberment, and shrieks of agony, the music of the scarlet sands. Ser Barristan turned with him. "This coward is about to kill you, ser."

The man was no knight, but his courage had earned him that much courtesy. Khrazz did not know how to fight a man in armor. Ser Barristan could see it in his eyes: doubt, confusion, the beginnings of fear. The pit fighter came on again, screaming this time, as if sound could slay his foe where steel could not. The arakh slashed low, high, low again.

Selmy blocked the cuts at his head and let his armor stop the rest, whilst his own blade opened the pit fighter's cheek from ear to mouth, then traced a raw red gash across his chest. Blood welled from Khrazz's wounds. That only seemed to make him wilder. He seized the brazier with his off hand and flipped it, scattering embers and hot coals at Selmy's feet. Ser Barristan leapt over them. Khrazz slashed at his arm and caught him, but the arakh could only chip the hard enamel before it met the steel below.

"In the pit that would have taken your arm off, old man."
"We are not in the pit."
"Take off that armor! "
"It is not too late to throw down your steel. Yield."

"Die," spat Khrazz … but as he lifted his arakh, its tip grazed one of the wall hangings and hung. That was all the chance Ser Barristan required. He slashed open the pit fighter's belly, parried the arakh as it wrenched free, then finished Khrazz with a quick thrust to the heart as the pit fighter's entrails came sliding out like a nest of greasy eels. Blood and viscera stained the king's silk carpets. Selmy took a step back. The longsword in his hand was red for half its length.

Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Astrolabe with Game of Thron | Sideshow Collectibles

902243-game-of-thrones-01.jpg

just in case yall havent read it

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/23p48r/the_true_nature_and_purpose_of_the_others_and_the/

probably the best theory youll read about asoiaf

This is a HUGE fucking reach and I could only stick around for about 7 or 8 paragraphs.

I do enjoy the idea that the Others are not completely evil. Especially considering what Stannis sacrificed yet to only lose in the end. At this point neither side is really "good".

The best part about this series is that I have NO idea how it could play out which is unlike %99 of what I watch on TV. That is exactly why this is the best television in the medium, not to mention an amazingly compelling book series.

If I've learned anything from this show it's to never guess/assume anything.

We all knew that they would have to start collapsing the story at some point to really tie it all up in a couple more seasons.

The story seemed to be ballooning in the last book, and seems to be ballooning in the latest Sansa chapters. He has a knight in there named Lipps with lips on his shield, for god sakes. And what's with Danny anyway? She walks away from one story line and starts another.

Page 1300 of book seven will be a bunch of flashes of light while the characters are all eating a 77 course meal, and then it will end with two Others in a spaceship, one saying to the other, "See, nuke it from orbit always works."

The great procrastinator says:

"Well, not really alone. Parris is here, and my minions, and the Cocteau staff, and the cats... but I am not in San Diego at Comicon, and I have to admit, that feels strange.

Staying home was the right decision. I just got back from Chicago and the Dead shows, and before that it was Europe, and it is hardly as if HBO needed me in San Diego to represent... not with so much of our cast on hand. I have so much work to do, I am way behind on everything, and I have a wedding to attend in Jersey in a few weeks, and worldcon after that... and if truth be told, San Diego has gotten overwhelming in recent years."

Last edited:
This is the show that trolled us by putting Benjin stark in the 'next weeks episode' promo, only to have Jon hear benjins back right before getting Caesard. I don't trust their shenanigans anymore!

The great procrastinator says:

"Well, not really alone. Parris is here, and my minions, and the Cocteau staff, and the cats... but I am not in San Diego at Comicon, and I have to admit, that feels strange.

Staying home was the right decision. I just got back from Chicago and the Dead shows, and before that it was Europe, and it is hardly as if HBO needed me in San Diego to represent... not with so much of our cast on hand. I have so much work to do, I am way behind on everything, and I have a wedding to attend in Jersey in a few weeks, and worldcon after that... and if truth be told, San Diego has gotten overwhelming in recent years."

fucking cats, no wonder the guy can't get anything done

I think jon is going to get the breath of life from melisandre. In the books, thats how catlyn is revived, and while that whole arc was removed from the show, i would assume the ability still stands among those priests.

It is what I believed was going to happen in the books, then I got a little worried when in the show melisandre left with king Stannis, but when she just bolted and arrived back at the wall in the last episode, that is what sold me.

im almost 100% certain she will give him the breath of life in both the books and show.

suppose hes right and hes not back next season, but season 7. how can he be dead for so long? Thats why ned stark couldnt be brought back, he was dead too long

Back