plastic bags must die.

smug2.JPG

I have a cardboard box in my room. I throw all my recycling into it. When it gets full, I empty it into the all-in-one recycling bin out front.

Similar to how I empty my trash can into the big trash can out front. I usually do both at once.

So, I went grocery shopping finally. They just happened to have the cloth bags on sale for a buck a piece, which was my threshold. I bought a pile of em, and so far, they seem pretty good.

They are definitely better to use, cause they are really sturdy and hold probably twice as much as a plastic bag. They won't rip, though we'll see how the stitching holds up over time.

The biggest question will be how hard it is to remember to bring them. I'm planning on leaving them in my car so even if I forget I'll be able to go out and get them before checkout, but we'll see.

And even though the store was packed, and the bags were on sale, I didn't see even one other person using them. Hopefully they catch on.

in my area recycling is the cool thing 2 do

in my organization we had no recycling policy aside from office paper

for a mid-sized company i was totally upset with that

me and a pal (a totally hot co-worker) formed a "green team" which promotes green friendly initiatives. we did a few presentations for management and sent out some e-mails etc.

now most departments have a blue bin for recycling of plastics and glass etc.

THE JER DOES IT FOR THE KIDS

Last edited:
Give it 50 years and we'll have nanites roaming the oceans, breaking down rogue plastic particles into harmless constituent parts.

i read in the paper some kid devised a way to make plastic bags decompose much faster, meaning a few years, rather than over 100.
biobag.jpg

They carry these at my schools store, and they are awesome. They feel better and are several times stronger in my estimation. Probably cost twice as much though.

I have a dog... a dog that is more than regular about his bowel movements.

I use a lot of plastic bags

biobag.jpg

They carry these at my schools store, and they are awesome. They feel better and are several times stronger in my estimation. Probably cost twice as much though.

things like this are hilarious

chances are you're just buying the same product for twice the cost but as long as you feel better about yourself right

in brazil you get paid for recycling but they only "buy" large quantities, so most apartment buildings will store their recyclable trash for 2-4 weeks then sell it and what they make is turned into discount on the bills.

When I came up here for school I forgot my cloth bags but I'd really like to pick some up again. I used them back home, and they're not inconvenient at all. You just keep them somewhere you won't forget them (like next to the door, or in the same place you keep your keys). For me, they're also a lot easier to carry which was a huge plus.

Back