[xcom/dwarf fortress/etc threads] Team Tribalwar returns to Blood Bowl by coombz - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [xcom/dwarf fortress/etc threads] Team Tribalwar returns to Blood Bowl
Page 9 of 31
coombz
VeteranXX
Old
161 - 09-23-2015, 15:59
oh I also think im gonna add our troll tonight even if we don't play a game...Harbinger Jr. has been lifting weights, roiding up and snorting bath salts for the last 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsack View Post
Probably. I have played like 5 games.

I am liking the Chaos team, but probably because I enjoy smashing ****s. Had some one concede the match after 3 turns because I killed three players, and KO'd two more.
theoretically Orcs are better at **** smashing out of the box...but it's great to hear you are enjoying splatting opponents and the RNG is being kind

would love to get some more CAS for Team TW, we're breaking armour a lot but just not getting the injury dice...

Sponsored Links
Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
162 - 09-23-2015, 16:17
coombz i want to do this but for xcom

except i dont really want to play xcom to completion

is it fine to just play on really hard and when everyone dies it's gg?

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
163 - 09-23-2015, 16:27
Yes that'd be ok

Once you go through everyone who cares just quit
Gg
Actually works well for xcom2 since you're supposed to fail xcom1 in the sequel

Harbinger
VeteranX
Old
164 - 09-23-2015, 18:01
Harbinger jr will be the biggest, smelliest, stupidest troll EVER. HE AM KING GG

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
165 - 09-23-2015, 18:10
Don't roll too many bone heads tho

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
166 - 09-23-2015, 18:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
coombz i want to do this but for xcom

except i dont really want to play xcom to completion

is it fine to just play on really hard and when everyone dies it's gg?
as long as i can be a Sniper

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
167 - 09-23-2015, 18:17
Long War is the way to go, if you are playing XCOM. You can alter the settings (Dynamic War) to make it a bit more forgiving (and shorter), but it opens up the game so much.

Back to BB2, so on those Orc Trolls, how do you combat the "stupidity" rolls (or whatever they are called). Just part of the package, or does it get easier as you level them up?

starwolf_nexus
VeteranXV
Old
168 - 09-23-2015, 18:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
God dammit am I going to have to buy this

No
I will wait for sale

Probably
Blood Bowl 2 PC CD Key - cdkeys.com

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
169 - 09-23-2015, 18:32
Quote:
Back to BB2, so on those Orc Trolls, how do you combat the "stupidity" rolls (or whatever they are called). Just part of the package, or does it get easier as you level them up?
if i recall correctly, Really Stupid requires a 4+ in order to succeed and be allowed to perform an action. HOWEVER, if you have one of your other players standing next to the Troll, you get to add 2 to your roll, making it a lot safer (2+)

they don't get better in that regard as they level up, unfortunately

it is often important to bear in mind the consequences of failing a RS roll - the Troll will lose his tacklezones and ability to assist in blocks until he's snapped out of it, so sometimes it may be better not to even risk an action with him, and just leave him in place (hopefully tying up players or blocking a lane)

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
170 - 09-23-2015, 18:36
So, which team has the most useable big guy? Chaos's minotaur has been great, in the small sample I have seen, but obviously has the Wild Beast drawback.

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 09-23-2015, 18:37
Oh, and thanks for the responses, I know I could look this up elsewhere, but you explain everything so well. +rep

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
172 - 09-23-2015, 18:45
Quote:
So, which team has the most useable big guy? Chaos's minotaur has been great, in the small sample I have seen, but obviously has the Wild Beast drawback.
Bonehead is the least ****ty nega-trait...so Ogres (Humans & Chaos Pact) & Kroxigors (Lizards & Slann) are considered the best. Krox are considered #1 because they start with the Prehensile Tail skill (-1 to dodge rolls when people try to run away from them)

i find Wild Animals to be my least favourite, personally

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
173 - 09-23-2015, 18:59
Why is it your least favorite? I don't think I rolled Wild Animal more than once in two games, so haven't experienced it much.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
174 - 09-23-2015, 19:05
Quote:
Why is it your least favorite? I don't think I rolled Wild Animal more than once in two games, so haven't experienced it much.
i think that WA is 4+ to be allowed to perform an action, or 2+ if it's a Block or a Blitz action

a good player will try to ensure that your Minotaur or Rat Ogre is either on the ground, or standing on his own with no one to block. this means to reliably get some use out of him you are pressured to use him to blitz (and you really want to get some use out of him, because he accounts for a big chunk of your TV)

but you only get 1 blitz per turn, and you want to be doing it with your MOST reliable player, not your least...

that's not to say they can't be effective though, especially against teams that can't easily dodge away from them, or don't have enough Guard or high ST players to knock them down. another good thing is that if WA goes off, you DON'T lose your tacklezones, as you would with Really Stupid or Bone Head...and of course he should make those WA rolls 50% of the time even if he isn't blocking or blitzing

Last edited by coombz; 09-23-2015 at 20:00..
SmallKiwi
VeteranXV
Old
175 - 09-23-2015, 19:07
So I just played my first game as High Elfs vs an actually competent opponent and it was pretty spectacular.

Team White Elfs Can Jump started by misplaying on defense, and had 3 injured players (with no subs) in the first 4 turns. The German Orcs they faced blocked their way to an easy TD around Turn 4 or 5 (with several elf lineman pressuring the cage from behind to hurry the goal along). Playing with 8 on the field vs the orc's 11 the elves opted to start their position defensively. Spotting a possible weakness on the left side, a meager defensive position was arranged back from their line of scrimmage, with a fast blitzer on the outside wing. After failing to break their line due to a well timed block from one of the German Blitzers, the orc line held and things looked grim, until the orcs gambled on a single dice block and failed both. A lane was open and the turnover gave the White Elfs the lane they needed to break several linesmen and the blitzer through, well behind the orc line, with a partial cage protecting the intended receiver. The While Elf thrower charged down the outside of the pitch and let loose a short pass that connected! The ensuing response from the orcs required several dangerous sprints in an attempt to cut off the elves' path to the endzone, and ultimately only managed to serve as a minor annoyance, as the ball carrier dodged out of the TZ and ran down the outside of the field for a touchdown just as the half ended.

Taking possession off the kickoff, the White Elfs again opted for a highly defensive posture, retreating from the line of scrimmage twice, before attempting to breakthrough the orcs line on the right side of the field. The offensive push failed to knockdown a blitzer on the right wing however, and there was no lane to run the ball through. Falling back yet again, the Elfs moved players to the left and center of the field, only to have them cut off by orc blitzers and stunned by a blitzing troll. After another disastrous Orc turn which resulted in the death of an Elf Lineman and an additional injury, the ball carrier, joined by a single lineman defender made a brave last stand on the goal line, while the elf lineman held down on the left wing broke away, and set up his own block to delay the orcs. With 2 turns to go, the orcs rushed the remaining White Elfs, knocking out the ball carrier but failing to retrieve the ball. The lone left winger saw his chance! With incredible bravery, and a lot of luck, he dodged through a TZ, picked up the ball, dodged out and made 2 additional sprint rolls to get into the clear. The plan would have worked too, had it not been for a massive misplay by the White Elf coach, who had failed to stand up the lone blitzer standing in the midfield. The orcs jumped on this chance, surrounding the ball carrier completely before blitzing him down, only to have the ball pop out the end of the field!!! It scattered twice, and landed within feeting of the blitzing orc, who sprinted one last time to make the grab. With one turn remaining, he tripped, injuring himself and leaving the ball for one the White Elf's remaining linemen to break free, pick it up and make a successful pass to the midfield blitzer, who despite his speed, was unable to gain the endzone before the clock wound down, and the game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Considering I lost 6 players and played the majority of the game seriously outnumbered, I was incredibly happy with that result. Bad luck at the start was evened out by a couple strokes of luck at the end.

Oh and I forgot to mention, the German Orc's troll earned 6 SPP from injuries, and the rest of his team combined for another 5 or 6 i think. White Elfs are SPP Pinatas.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
176 - 09-23-2015, 21:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_nexus View Post
Blood Bowl 2 PC CD Key - cdkeys.com
can i trust this site or am i gonna get a bull**** key that wont work

SmallKiwi
VeteranXV
Old
177 - 09-23-2015, 22:01
Quote:
dont know about that site, but gmg is great.
greenmangaming.com
20% off w/ this:
20PERC-AUTUMN-SAVING

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
178 - 09-23-2015, 22:01
Quote:
2 seconds with Google says they are legit

i don't care who you buy from though, as long as i get to score touchdowns all over your FACE

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
179 - 09-23-2015, 23:46
ugh i got it
time to chaos slogg

Harbinger
VeteranX
Old
180 - 09-24-2015, 00:53
what time tonight??!?!?

Page 9 of 31

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [xcom/dwarf fortress/etc threads] Team Tribalwar returns to Blood Bowl

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
goshin