D&D Lite Thread I: Pythons of Fate

"Horse-cock! I'll not pretend to be a filthy dwarf cocksucker just to scratch a little coin. What's next after that? Will you have me eating rat droppings like breath mints and brushing my teeth with congealed goat piss? Nay! I can out drink these swine as a natural born man, and without your parlor tricks."

I grab a full stein of ale and toss it back nearly swallowing the contents in two quick gulps, then slam the tankard down hard on the table; with my other arm, I wipe the foam from my mustache, in one drawn out movement, on the sleeve of my coat, from crook of the elbow to my wrist.

"More ale!"

Last edited:
Swollins would apologize 4 the delay but he was too busy shoe in a tavern wench what an 8-pack looked like. (Not that she saw much since she was getting rammed from behind) Also, he doesn't apologize.

Are there any jealous nerd types to deal with before exiting the tavern? Swollins hasn't cracked a skull in awhile and needs to stretch his great limbs.

Alright fuck this shit. Dragonguy light that fucking bar on fire while me and Meyog go take Maggie and hide. We need to winnow out our competition. After that shit is up in flames we head out.

I stare down at the halfling for afew minutes. Giving him the old lizard sideways stare down. Then I lean down closer to doggors head.
"I wait. horsemen enter first, yes? I get drink later." I finish my sentence with a snap of my teeth.
I look at meyog. He's heard me, and I want to make sure he's on board. "5 and me and hasken. Is tough."
Also, what is the structure made of. Include roof, exterior sides, and if ive seen in, ceiling structure and floor.

Grinning, I turn to doggor and point to the questionably alive man in the alley. "Quite the plan he had." Then, sighing, I turn to Scales. "Try not to break your fists on anyone tonight. We're going to need your spells soon."

Shaking my head at my companions, I then turn and head into the bar. I'll grab an empty table near the back and order a drink to sip for the night, ready to save the tavern patrons from Scales' drunken wrath during the inevitable bar fight.

Last edited:
Waffles continues his drinking and idly stealing of small trinkets and coin purses off the drunken patrons, this has turned out to be a lucrative evening for the thieving gnome.

some shit is about to go down in this tavern holy fuk

this much testosterone and booze is not a good mix

I flick my tongue at meyog, annoyed that I can't unleash Hell.
Fine, me go in.
Hasken follows me to meyogs table and sits by my side. I'm having some fancy wine

"Maggie, I think we're going to be in deep shit soon. Make sure your healing spells are ready and you'll be able to help get us out of this mess. If you spot trouble incoming let us know and we'll meet at the outskirts of town."

I'll follow scales in and see if I can find out any information that will help us get out of this shithole. I'd like to find out just what type of beasts these are and how the caravans are getting stopped, minions? the beasts themselves? Swollins?

"Meyog and Scales, I'm going to see if I can get any additional info on our target. Maggie is ready to meet us at the edge of town if this tavern turns to shit and we have to fight our way out. If this thing goes tits up, Scales, can you give us a distraction so that Meyog and I can get some distance and we can cover for you with our bows?"

Bro u gotta chill, remember what happened last time we split up? Come have a drink with us. Also I'll need help dragging scales out of here later on.

Last edited:
Fool: how would you like the pacing to go for this? do we all take an action then wait for you to make a post, or can we interact a bit until we see something from you?

Inside the Tavern

A few minutes passed had passed since the departure of the drunk. Swollins took the opportunity to replace his barmaid with a more attractive wench, and drank more ales, which were now appearing as fast as he could drink them. He noticed that the dwarf and his reasonably sized human friend were in a bit of a heated discussion as they too continued to drink.

The door to the tavern opened once again as a warrior walked in. He was well armed and tall, though not so tall as Swollins or the dwarf’s companion. His blond hair was cropped short, his eyes blue as a summer sky. His stature and demeanor indicated a military man, no doubt well-disciplined and confident. The soldier crossed the room to the man eating cabbage and spoke to him in a low voice.

Opfor
Spoiler

He was followed by three obvious outsiders, most notably the Dragonborn, whose broad shoulders barely fit through the doorframe. His Half-Elven and Halfling friends made their way to a table near the back easily enough and signaled for drinks. Swollins eyed the newcomers with interest.

The soldier exited the Busted Pig immediately after talking to the man eating cabbage, stopping for a moment to pet the head of the Dragonborn’s massive dog. Swollins stood up suddenly, dropping the barmaid on his lap harshly to the floor. “Another round of ale on me!” Ztir and Skittlebrew exchanged a glance, wondering if it would come from their coin.

“Monstrous Pythons!? Ten gold says they’re nothing more than oversized garden snakes! I will crush them both with a single hand!” Swollins roared.

A collective cheer rose from the gathered crowd, save for a few of the adventurers. “You’re a fool…”

“Huh?” Swollins glanced around for the source of who had spoken.

A man stood at a nearby table. Slight of frame, with a shaved head and slanted eyes, the man had the look of those from the Far East. Surrounding him were a group of men of striking ugliness, his friends no doubt. “I said you’re a fool. What you have in obvious size you clearly lack in brains. You’re by far the least equipped, least capable and least ready man in this entire city to take on King Brady’s quest. The only thing you’re likely to kill is a barrel of ale,” the foreigner spat.

Swollins grinned. “Big talk from such a little man. Go bother the Dragonborn, he’s got a dog you can eat.”

The foreigner flushed with anger. “You fool! Don’t you know who I am!?”

“Mouthbreather McTwink, virgin lord of Frustrasia?”

“I AM KNOWN AS GOLAZO THE GREAT, FUFU THE FANTASTIC, ONETEAMINLONDON THE OMNIPOTENT,” the foreigner screamed, froth forming at the sides of his mouth.

“Omnipotent huh? No wonder you’re so frustrated.”

“FOOL! I HAVE THE POWER OF FORESIGHT AND I HAVE SEEN THE DOOM THAT AWAITS YOU. ALL WHO VENTURE FORTH HERE WITH YOU SHALL PERISH! I HAVE SEEN IT, AND MY VISIONS ARE NEVER WRONG!”

“I’m surprised you can see anything with those slanty eyes,” Swollins remarked.

Golazo roared in rage. His hands rose up, now ablaze with magic. A fireball four feet in diameter shot forth from his outstretched arms, darting forward towards Swollins. It sailed wide by a good six feet, flying harmlessly over the mostly sitting crowd who had the good sense to duck. The barkeep, however, did not.

The fireball hit the man directly in the chest with an audible thump and hiss. His clothes ignited instantly and he began to scream horribly in obvious agony. Whirling about, the flames began catching on the casks of ale behind the bar, as nearby patrons began to run to the door in a panic.

Dmaul

Still walking.

Scales' eyes click wide open as he scans the room. The bar area is beginning to slowly catch flame.
"Hasken, watch Maggie"
Hasken runs out the door to wherever the talking horse is. Cuz he's a good boy :)

I get up and throw the table clear of my buddies toward the closest window. How close is that window? Whats the distance to the door vs the window since we sat in the back? What the fuck is everyone else doing and should I breath lightning on them dorks?

Scales' cheek twitches as he thinks.
"What we do?"

You sat near the back, the furthest side of the room from any window. It's a good 30 feet away.

Fufu the magnificent' fireball sails harmlessly past ztir and skittlebrew as they make towards swollins. However, the heat from the haphazardly thrown ball of flame is enough to singe ztir's eyebrows and give skittlebrew a very foul smelling haircut

"what the FUCK was that?" He exclaimed at fufu. Turning around to face swollins, asks: "bro, I don't know where you learned the spell to enlarge your size, but if you are half as strong as you look we should be able to take these party crashers to meet their maker so we can get to another pub and keep this party going"

I turn to skittlebrew and say just to him: "getting him drunk would have been one way to distract him, but a bar fight sounds a lot more fun"

whats closer, door or window and can i throw a table 30 feet thru said window?

They are the same length, the only windows in the room are along the same wall as the door. The tables are heavy, you might be able to throw one 10 or 15 feet.

I'm going to set some snares on my way out, I could use a hare or two. plus I want to know if anyone is following me. as an added bonus, I'll have something to eat when I get back to town and find all my retarded companions dead or in jail.

Fool

next time around we need a post order by character. (you dictate all order)
We need color coding of some sorts to denote actions of character or story line.

Currently I am enjoying reading this alot...my basement night vision just leveled up to night eyes. I now have the ability to see when completely drunk.

Opfor Strode to the pisser room with the full intent on draining his lizard. He felt something in the air in the main room.

The large tavern roof and the upstairs balcony would give him a wide vantage.

He half cocked his pistols on the way to the stairs

As he went he patted a young maiden on the rump and took a grog from her servers plate, he hastened his pace while he chugged the slop down.

He could feel the spit that the shifty eyed bartender made in his drink....he would deal with him later....

he reached the steps and began his jog up....

turn

Back