z0dd and ZOD are you here?...we need you in the mix.

?B-MAN

Veteran X
Just wondering if either of you read these forums. Your input would probaly be beneficial to Irrational since you guys practically turned T2 into a winner with your classic mod.

?B-MAN said:
We'll sorry guys, I guess I spend more time posting than actually playing T.V. Obviously your all doing the same.
If T:V had shipped where I lived, I wouldn't, believe me. :)

And to answer your question, there were numerous threads already that requested ZOD/z0dd to 'fix' T:V.

It took Dice 3 patches to get BF right. It released with no in-game admin functions. They even patched IN a dev-mode wallhack. It took them 4 weeks to patch it back out - to remove ONE console command.

It took CoD about 6 weeks to patch to playability.

It took Tribes about 4 patches and many months to patch out many of the bugs.

T:V is playable. It is not crash prone. There are things that need work like the dedicated server eating memory and cpus alive and the map design flaws for match play and the buggy tourny mode. But all in all the bulk of the game is quite solid when compared to your average FPS.

It amazes me that people are so spoiled that they come to the conclusion that IG has abandoned them even though its been barely 4 weeks since the game released and we have already been told by officials from VUG/IG that there is in fact a patch on the way.

Polaris said:
It took Dice 3 patches to get BF right. It released with no in-game admin functions. They even patched IN a dev-mode wallhack. It took them 4 weeks to patch it back out - to remove ONE console command.

T:V is playable. It is not crash prone. There are things that need work like the dedicated server eating memory and cpus alive and the map design flaws for match play and the buggy tourny mode. But all in all the bulk of the game is quite solid when compared to your average FPS.

It amazes me that people are so spoiled that they come to the conclusion that IG has abandoned them even though its been barely 4 weeks since the game released and we have already been told by officials from VUG/IG that there is in fact a patch on the way.

I REALLY wish you would quit asking me to let you sit on my lap, it's totally creeping me out dude.

I could not agree more strongly. Many large budget titles released in the last few years lacked basic functionality on 0 day. Diablo 2, Anarchy Online, Tribes 2, Steam - Anything, WW2O, That car MMO game. Granted many of those specific messups above are due to their large reliance on networks and powerful servers, but you get the idea. The game works. It is fun. It was released ahead of schedule. Calm down.

Polaris said:

in our match last night we had like 8 guys crash out during the course of the map :|

Falhawk said:
in our match last night we had like 8 guys crash out during the course of the map :|

on one map. the other one was fine. I actually had more fun playing T:V last night than i have in quite a while, despite the fact that I crashed to desktop twice on junk.

my favorite part was running falhawk over in a pod before we started the match though.

its a shame there are still so many bugs. I guess it was hard to see the bugs with over-arching issues like the terrain/inv stickiness from demo...

why can't every game be on steam.. i'm sure the more annoying bugs would've been already patched...

We played on two different servers during our match the other night and I only crashed after the one map ended.

Did you guys switch to FFA, Fal?

Bridude said:
sounds like your team has some pretty shazbotty computers.

We had the same thing happen to like 5 of our guys on Fort, just a hard lock and we all had to reboot. And our computers all vary pretty widely, I know at least one of the guys has a pretty solid system, it was definitely strange.

Back