And now some reality...positive reviews from folks new to tribes

?B-MAN

Veteran X
I've read a lot of reviews lately and for the most part they are positive and rank Tribes Vengeance as an excellent game. This recent review is an excellent example of how the game will cater to folks unfamiliar with Tribes, show them the ropes and make Tribes a more popular title.

Look beyond the comparison to Unreal. He does that simply because he only knows TV uses the Unreal engine. Whats more important is his discovery of a great game that he otherwise ignored in T1 and T2, probaly because there was no great method to learn how to play Tribes in T1 and T2. The SP in TV will bring new folks into the community. Now the MP can be the focus folks and I'm sure IA will come through. I'm already starting to like TV as much as T2 classic and thats just the base game. It took MODS for me to like T2.

http://www.fappin.com/articles/show_article.asp?id=66

I actually read the entire thing and I gotta say, even though he gives the game a 4.5/5, he still doesn't get it. There is so much more to this game than newbie critics are capable of grasping. He even admits he couldn't get on the scoreboard after the first few rounds of MP. That in and of itself should prove what a challenging and inovative game T:V actually is.

Last edited:
FantasticDamage said:
He even admits he couldn't get on the scoreboard after the first few rounds of MP. That in and of itself should prove what a challenging and inovative game T:V actually is.

It's the laggy netcode via Windows servers.

The main killer of this game, is the netcode and hard system requirements.

Granted, people will care less and less about sys requirements as time passes, but then it'll be old news. But the the netcode problem needs to be fixed.

Back