Enough complaining...show your love to Irrational thread

BrightEyes said:
Remind me - Why it's okay to continually bash T2, but the minute someone says something about T:V the only thing people can say to them in their own defense is: "you're an idiot" or "you're a retard".

Maybe you should try coming up with better arguments? If you mention words: UT clone, shocklance, elf, missiles, turrets, satchel or cloackpack. People will only laugh at you. T:V is a new game, not a sequel to T2.

If you havent noticed some of the veteran tribes players have been criticizing T:V, and noone calls them retards because their arguments are good.

Back to topic:

Just finished the SP, and im amazed how much work IG put into it. Most of the missions were fun, story was good and kept me playing, Bot AI was good and some awesome map design there. After Deus Ex and Mafia it was the first SP game that i really enjoyed. Combined with damn good MP, its really something you should be proud of.

Ontrose said:
Maybe you should try coming up with better arguments? If you mention words: UT clone, shocklance, elf, missiles, turrets, satchel or cloackpack. People will only laugh at you. T:V is a new game, not a sequel to T2.

If you havent noticed some of the veteran tribes players have been criticizing T:V, and noone calls them retards because their arguments are good.

Maybe you should try responding to the quote in question? During my time on these boards I've never once brought up Shocklance, Elf, Missiles, Turrets, Satchels or CloakPack. Never, not even once. I really have no idea what you're talking about there ;)

My arguments have been all along, the gameplay is unbalanced and nearly all the maps are unbalanced. I'm not sad because they've left out 75% of what Tribes was, I'm sad because this game has no balance and there hasn't been any effort to improve that balance since the early days of beta. All suggestions seem to have been written off and ignored.

Fix the balance, decent game. Fix the maps, decent game.

BrightEyes said:
My arguments have been all along, the gameplay is unbalanced and nearly all the maps are unbalanced. I'm not sad because they've left out 75% of what Tribes was, I'm sad because this game has no balance and there hasn't been any effort to improve that balance since the early days of beta. All suggestions seem to have been written off and ignored.

Fix the balance, decent game. Fix the maps, decent game.

Gameplay unbalanced? I have played lots T:V scrimms and i havent seen any signs of unbalanced gameplay. However T2 was really unbalanced game because of the overpowered defense and vehicles.

Some of the maps are unbalanced tho, but many of the T1 and T2 maps were once considered unbalanced too, until teams found new tactics.

Jetpacks, skiing, weapons that need prediction, fast gameplay, ctf, open maps, bases, 3 armours, tactical teamplay. None of those are missing from T:V, so all the Tribes elements are there.

Oh and gongrats for being the first person that i ignored in TW.

Back