Half-Life 2 goes gold on the tails of T.V.

I got sucked in because of T:V...i used to play T1 but i dont know why i didnt stick with it =( Whenever i play other fps games now i want to click right mouse and jetpack.....

There's nothing wrong with twitch gamers and nothing wrong with tribes gamers. I play both styles of gameplay plus rpgs and rts. I think if you really sit down and try out DoD or CS you will get hooked. Just like how if some DoD or CS player really sat down and played TV he/she would be hooked. It's a hard transition for both sides to make, but I feel like it's a waste not to try new things.

^^ Good Point ^^

I always try the next game from the ground pounder genre. And I always seem to come back to Tribes (I actually never leave.. but w/e).

They are fun, but at the end, they leave me wanting a bit more. Tribes always has that "more" I'm looking for.

Yeah, I'm an FPS whore, I'll play them all. I'm just saying that the added dimension of the jetpack and skiing is a whole lot more fulfilling for me than what the other fps's have to offer. Every fps has it's share of interesting maps, interesting weapons, vehicles etc. None of the others have skiing, jetpacks, and the same kind of teamplay as the tribes franchise (my opinion). I think the skill set of the average tribes player is more advanced than the average player of most other fps (once again, my opinion). I hope thats what keeps players in the tribes community.

StyeL said:
There's nothing wrong with twitch gamers and nothing wrong with tribes gamers. I play both styles of gameplay plus rpgs and rts. I think if you really sit down and try out DoD or CS you will get hooked. Just like how if some DoD or CS player really sat down and played TV he/she would be hooked. It's a hard transition for both sides to make, but I feel like it's a waste not to try new things.
I know what you mean and I agree, but CS:S is not new... I might give HL2 SP a shot if my cable ever goes out or something, but that's as far as I'm prepared to go. Or maybe if they included TFC, then hell yes I'd try it; but CS can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

I will buy HL2 once DoD:Source is out. No other reason to own it imo.

That wont keep me from playing T:V. I still love the game. I dont care if there are only 20 of us on the servers, it's fun for me and in the end thats all I really care about.

Back