Half-Life 2 goes gold on the tails of T.V.

Been playing tribes since 99 and never thought of myself of anything but a tribes player. Never played anything but tribes. T:V was such a horrible game and im getting bored and something like like HL2 is starting to sound good.

pyrot3chnic said:
You'll be back... they always come back.

So true. And the comment they always make when they come back:

"Damn I havent played tribes in a loong time. forgot how much I missed it."

i'm gonna go out on a very tiny, very shaky limb here and bet that the satisfaction of completing T:V sp blows the hell outta HL2 SP.

BrightEyes said:
HL2 isn't going to steal any T:V players and T:V sure in the hell isn't going to steal any HL2 players. Two totally different games.

HL2 can´t steal any players cause there aren´t many to steal from :\

you ll be supprised on how many tribes players are playing steam and how many are porting over to hl2, this is comiing from a member that was in 3 clans 2 competition clans and 1 pub clan. Really i plan to buy hl2 over tv and i think many others will as i dont like sp games.

Good, maybe HL2 will keep all the fickle T:V doomsayers out of the TW forums. Just because a brand new game that came out with very little publicity doesn't have 5,000 players online, does not mean it failed.

By all means.. migrate over to the HL2 forums and pick that game apart.

.footloose. said:
Good, maybe HL2 will keep all the fickle T:V doomsayers out of the TW forums. Just because a brand new game that came out with very little publicity doesn't have 5,000 players online, does not mean it failed.

:signed:

.footloose. said:

but ill stiil play the other tribes game, just not TV oh if they made a ninja mod or any other mod then i might be interested but then again i might have look at movies 1st before i buy it, but by that time it will be 9.99 or less. <------- and the reason is to support the modders not vu or IG

Last edited:
To the one that thinks hl2 will steal players you must not be a true tribes player. My opinion is if I wanted to be a twitch player I would. I play ut2k4 and get bored after 10minutes. Tribes has always appealed to me because there is much more freedom.

tribes players > twitch players

the end.

no other games have been as good as the Tribes franchise for multiplayer. Seeing as how I rarely finish single player games I'll wait on picking up HL2 until the price drops.

Tribes Forever.

RunningWolf said:
To the one that thinks hl2 will steal players you must not be a true tribes player. My opinion is if I wanted to be a twitch player I would. I play ut2k4 and get bored after 10minutes. Tribes has always appealed to me because there is much more freedom.

tribes players > twitch players

the end.

the end is right.

signed.

You can't honestly beleive that a bunch of people bought T:V only to play it until HL2 came out...

Sure, some tribers will buy it and play it, but they won't leave tribes.

lets hope the new players that enter the community are ones we end up keeping. I know once I played T1 that quake etc was a lot less interesting and more restricting. The jetpack is a helluva lot more interesting to me than the bunnyhop. Maybe other people who got sucked into T:V will think the same thing.

Back