wee man marketing

Tribes has never been big enough for the main stream to notice...

That doesn't really mean much, tho. IMO, most of the best games to ever be released were not major hits. Infact, I can't really think of a single mainstream game that appealed to me on the same level as X-Com, Tribes, System Shock2, Dungon Keeper, and a few others that were only recongnized as "great" in hindsight.

:shrug:

It's just the nature of a consumer driven market.

SunBlest said:
What is xcom? I never heard about it.

it's a sort of strategy, i suppose, planetary defense etc etc...

i still play system shock 2 even though i've beat it more times than i can count on each difficulty level... the game's a effin' work of art.

fallout 2 needs to get put on that list too sir.

LOL @ that msnbc article, there's a "related link" on the page that reads, and i quote,

"piracy plagues hotly awaited game sequels" --- hotly awaited? ROFL, "we're hip to the jiz-ive, yo, piracy be all up in the industry like whoa!"

I do love Tribes T1, t2 and TV whatever. But I wish our in game models had the flair of those in other games. The halo master chief model is pretty kick ass looking.

By the way, I truly believe that Tribes would have been The Halo of today (Halo originally took a lot of concepts from the original tribes game) if T2 didnt have its massive blunder of a release.

Thats what drives me crazy. All the hype about Halo 2, and now the hype about the new multiplayer mode. Geez, are you kidding me, Tribes was doing massive mulitplayer Halo style and beyond for several years before the X-Box even existed. When I hear all this hype about Halo 2, I just see a glossed over Tribes like game (without jetpacks) with massive Microsoft marketing behind it.

Last edited:
Shoddy said:
Or maybe it's not coming out in November.

Ok ok I know the article was specific to titles coming out in November, but still all the big news articles I read about big titles released this fall have no mention of Tribes Vengeance whatsoever. Just to name the game thats all I ask =(.

lol, you can't possibly expect Tribes to compete with those games.. Halo 2? HL2? Evercrack 2? Let's be realistic here... I'm disappointed too, but come on..

pyrot3chnic said:
lol, you can't possibly expect Tribes to compete with those games.. Halo 2? HL2? Evercrack 2? Let's be realistic here... I'm disappointed too, but come on..

I know TV doesnt have the big budget behind it like Halo 2 or Hlaf-Life 2, but come on we can out do The Masquerade - Bloodlines! All I'd like to see is that we get more exposure in articles that discuss new fall titles.

Here's a thought...

I'm really seeing T:V out of the box as being more or less a license to the post release content. There might not be a huge following for T:V *yet* but with hardcore fans (the real ones, ie the ones that see the problems but don't whine about every little thing) are really getting into it. With mods and content being produced by these guys, T:V will be one of those games that keeps on selling for a long time. More and more folks are just sorta trip over it or be drawn in when they hear about some feature that appeals to them.

Maybe... I donno... sorta ranting.
I'll stop now.

Oh yeah... about X-com. When it was released it was simply a brilliant title. I guess I'm showing my age in bringing it up. :p

It's still refered to as one of the best designed games ever. Funny as hell to look back at in now, tho.

http://www.xcomufo.com/

Still, just for kicks, I did run through it not to long ago. Even tho the graphics look like pixilated turd and every aspect is totaly out of date, I did get wraped up in it again.

Back