z0dd and ZOD are you here?...we need you in the mix.

?B-MAN said:
I think KP's input was mostly good for the skiing physics. (a little obvious in TV).

As horrible as the skiing physics are, I must agree with you. If he actually chose to take credit for the gameplay balance or map balance, he'd be writing his own pink-slip, if they haven't already written it...that is.

BrightEyes said:
As horrible as the skiing physics are, I must agree with you. If he actually chose to take credit for the gameplay balance or map balance, he'd be writing his own pink-slip, if they haven't already written it...that is.

I didnt mean to say the skiing is bad in TV, its not. The skiing is the best part about TV. Its a lot of everything else that needs some improvement.

z0dd or ZOD.....please, OH PLEASE make me an observer hud!!!

Then you can go back into hermitage.... :D

Nice to see ya both drop back in! Then again, I've been staying away for about the same reason myself.

My brother was like 10 years old, and he'd sit and watch z0dd's HO routes demo pack he released for T1 ALLLLLLL DAYYYYYYY LOOOOOOONG.

It's like he spawned a z0ddling with that thing.

Polaris said:
It took Dice 3 patches to get BF right. It released with no in-game admin functions. They even patched IN a dev-mode wallhack. It took them 4 weeks to patch it back out - to remove ONE console command.

It took CoD about 6 weeks to patch to playability.

It took Tribes about 4 patches and many months to patch out many of the bugs.

T:V is playable. It is not crash prone. There are things that need work like the dedicated server eating memory and cpus alive and the map design flaws for match play and the buggy tourny mode. But all in all the bulk of the game is quite solid when compared to your average FPS.

It amazes me that people are so spoiled that they come to the conclusion that IG has abandoned them even though its been barely 4 weeks since the game released and we have already been told by officials from VUG/IG that there is in fact a patch on the way.
I have to agree with this very strongly. People here are incredibly spoiled, and are expecting way too much. Sure, the game isn't perfect (on a technical level - gameplay is not a factor in this post of mine), but the developers are working on it. They haven't "abandoned" you or anything.

Would you rather that they wait a month or so and then fix a shazbotload of issues (ranging from minor bugs, to full-blown game hacks), or release one every week which only fixes a few? Bear in mind that this engine by its very nature has maps which are fairly large file sizes, so any map would require that you redownload the (roughly 10mb~) files each time they have something changed on them - even if the change is as minor as a rock being moved.

Obviously, it'd be better to get pretty much every bug out of the way in one swift patch, rather than making players get confused and inconvenienced by having to download endless smaller patches. Just give them time to get it done. Very few multiplayer games are perfect upon launch, and most of the really popular ones were in an incomplete (beta) state for years before they were "bug free" (CS and DoD being two obvious ones, although a certain Tribes game springs to mind). This doesn't apply to all games, but it usually takes at least a month.

Just have some freaking patience.

Back