[BUG] MAJOR Single Player Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

=H|B=TechKrill

Veteran XV
The Single Player game, while not perfect (I managed to "break the story" several times, lol, but that's doable in all games), is a lot of fun and very intriguing...until one mission that I have tried about 10 times now, either failing or dying every time. 3/4 of the times I'm losing are due to glitches, which I will list:

(Note: These may be known, I'm just a little ticked so I didn't bother to check if they were listed yet :))

Mission: Victoria: The Past (where you have to defend a Blood Eagle base u just took while Daniel does some other crap on his own) All goes fine until the gunship segment, where I started running into a LOT of glitches.

Glitches:

1) If you do not jump into the pilot seat of the gunship, you break the game, and it won't let u go destroy the generators even if u switch to pilot from a gunner seat. Resulted in me losing because Iwent too far from our captured base, even tho I knew I was supposed to blow up the generators out there.

2) After destroying the 3 generators and returning to the base to face the onslought, I thought to stay in the gunship and fend em off a bit. The tank made quick work of me, but (this occured 3 times so far) as soon as the gunship exploded, I was hurtled at blinding speed clean out of the map. Well actually, the entire screen went black and I read my HUD map and saw distance to objective: 10000 and rapidly climbing. I was still alive too.

3) Inexplainable destruction of the generator I'm trying to defend. Best I can figure, that dumb tank is shooting in through the door and (for all I can tell) destroying it in one shot, because there are NO enemies around (I just fended them off from the inside of the complex) and the Repairer is right behind the gen repairing it. After the gen is "destroyed" it shows a short clip ranting on my ineptness with disks being shot at the generator, when there was CLEARLY nobody around to shoot them right before it was destroyed. (happened twice)

All in all, quite frustrated that this one mission is eluding me because of 3/4 glitches and 1/4 difficulty.

I can't imagine glitches like that are ONLY experienced by me and I also can't imagine that my copy of Tribes is the ONLY corrupted one :)

[EDIT: If it matters:

Dell Inspiron 9100
3 GB Pentium 4 w/HT
100 GB Hardrive
512 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Mobility 128 MB]

1. That happened to me too, luckily I had just saved so I just hopped right back into the gunship and went on destroying the Generators.

2. I just got out the gunship as it had no HP anyways, and I just sat inside the base spamming grenades with the speedpack.

3. The generator blowing up is just an FMV so there doesn't really have to be anyone around it. But as per why it would just up and explode like that I have no idea.

if you leave with the gunship, with one of the heavies still near the base (the ones who mortar the dishes) than the gen gets trashed.

I didn't run into any of thse problems (aside from the gen thing with the heavy) though. :shrug: odd bugs.

I stayed in the gunship but I kinda quicksave cheated, and flew it down the path the tank comes from, bombed from high up and by the time it got to the courtyard it only took one or two shoots to sent it to Macco for repairs :p . Then I just bombed the infrantry, watching the bodies fly. Also it doesn't hurt to place the repair pack on one of the base columns.

Last edited:
Yes, 3 GHz, I was frustrated so I wasn't thinking right.

No, the gen doesn't blow up when I'm away, it blows up when I'm right next to it, inside the base. That's why I consider it odd, 'cause I'm POSITIVE there's nobody else in the base with me.

And I tried to take the gunship over to blow up the tank as it was incoming :p But the chaingun turret got the best of me, the gunship explodes, and I'm sent hurtling out of the map at 1000 MPH :)

After the first Assault Ship comes don't worry about defending your generator anymore, they won't try to attack it. All you need to defend are the 4 satellites outside. What's happening is you're just sitting inside by your generator while there is a tank and mortar spammer outside owning your satellites and once one of them gets destroyed it just shows the generic generator being destroyed scene.

glad this thread is here...

my problem: did the whole mission twice, obviously completing each task, up until daniel tells me its time to hop in the bomber to go destroy the gens. k, i hop in the bomber and go try to kill the gens, but daniel says "you're going to far...blahblah" and thats it. no enemies left to kill at the BE base and i cant leave the area or the BE's will kill my gen and its game over. ive even just flown around the base for 15 minutes to see if i kicked too much ass too quickly. wtf?

anyone else have this problem or any idea what i can try/do?

You get in the bomber that is waypointed, and go to the three waypoints and shoot those gens, right?

Just do it quickly and come back, there shouldn't be anybody around when you're gone.

I thought it was funny how Daniel said that Seti has his best hackers out, and when you get over there, its a couple of heavies standing on a platform :shrug:

SelfOwnage said:
You get in the bomber that is waypointed, and go to the three waypoints and shoot those gens, right?

Just do it quickly and come back, there shouldn't be anybody around when you're gone.

yes. i hop in the bomber thats waypointed but the gen im defending is the only other waypoint that pops up! and i cant leave the area cuz if i do, and i have, daniel freaks out and it goes to a small cutscene of the BEs destroying my gen.

I even tried killing it!! :shrug:

this sux :(

SelfOwnage said:
I thought it was funny how Daniel said that Seti has his best hackers out, and when you get over there, its a couple of heavies standing on a platform :shrug:

I have the same problem.

Never fixed it. My save point is lying around here somewhere, if someone wants to inspect it......

Also, if I were a hacker, and my jerk boss put me in a warzone where a single bitch holds off waves of troops, you're damn right I want a fat suit.

CoBalt said:
glad this thread is here...

my problem: did the whole mission twice, obviously completing each task, up until daniel tells me its time to hop in the bomber to go destroy the gens. k, i hop in the bomber and go try to kill the gens, but daniel says "you're going to far...blahblah" and thats it. no enemies left to kill at the BE base and i cant leave the area or the BE's will kill my gen and its game over. ive even just flown around the base for 15 minutes to see if i kicked too much ass too quickly. wtf?

anyone else have this problem or any idea what i can try/do?

i had this, fixed it by jumping out and getting back in (the pilot seat first) a couple of times. silly bug tho

=H|B=TechKrill said:
2) After destroying the 3 generators and returning to the base to face the onslought, I thought to stay in the gunship and fend em off a bit. The tank made quick work of me, but (this occured 3 times so far) as soon as the gunship exploded, I was hurtled at blinding speed clean out of the map. Well actually, the entire screen went black and I read my HUD map and saw distance to objective: 10000 and rapidly climbing. I was still alive too.
Just had this exact thing happened to me too. Stayed in the bomber to take some shots at the tank & when it blew me up, I got shot really fast off the map with the 10000+ distance, but not dead.

AMD 2500+
Asus A7N8X-E Dlx mobo
512 ram
ATI 9800 pro 128mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back