Vote System, control bindings need work

?B-MAN

Veteran X
I'm sure you have all run into situations where you have some idiot TKer going on a rampage in your base. You try and vote him off, but the vote system either doesnt work or its not very obvious from the screen commands that a vote has been implemented.

I hope this is just because its a demo and not the full game. The current voting system is pretty crude.

Secondly, I really think there should be more in game key bindings that are available. There should be key bindings to vote yes or no when a vote is implemented (The old T2 insert and delete as an example)

I also really want a key binding options where you can create dual key bindings. for example, to drop the selected weapon Ctrl + w or to drop the flag ctrl +f. I really hate the damn hit walk over the weapon and hit I to select weapon on the ground thing. In the heat of a good game I dont want to deal with the goofy menu selection system.

Thirdly, is we need the dual key binding options so you can throw the flag. Right now I cant figure out how the hell you throw the flag to another teammate.

I think Irrational has cleaned the gameplay up well ,but they really scrooged up on some of the internal and control features. And yes I know the mods and scripts will come, but geez you would expect these things to be available in a game labeled Tribes and be pretty polished at this point and time.

When you have the flag, you see an icon in your HUD with a key. When you press the key, you equip the flag. When the flag is equipped, you press and hold fire to charge it like a hand nade.

Amadeu5 said:
When you have the flag, you see an icon in your HUD with a key. When you press the key, you equip the flag. When the flag is equipped, you press and hold fire to charge it like a hand nade.

Thanks, but I still want to have the option to set bindings of my own for this or to drop weapons etc.

At least vote-yes/vote-no binds need to be in there. Yet another good thing that was lost in *cough*dumbing down*cough* making the game more accessible and streamlined. (I do however understand that this policy came from higher up than the dev team.)

hopefully it will be there in the full game. it was one thing that t2 did right (having the voice annouce when one was started, and when it either passed /failed) - having to hit escape is beyond retarded and in no way 'dumbs down' the game - it's not intuitive at all.
Would love to hear the reason why this wasn't implemented the same way.

Terr said:
At least vote-yes/vote-no binds need to be in there. Yet another good thing that was lost in *cough*dumbing down*cough* making the game more accessible and streamlined. (I do however understand that this policy came from higher up than the dev team.)
I think you can just bind preferred keys to "voteyes" and "voteno".

I think a lot of people have asked for more cntrl-<?> bindings. Maybe someone will create a .ini editor and let people set it to t1/t2 style.

cntrl-f to drop flag is helpful, so is selecting armors with cntrl-e...followed by ctrl-t that switches to a different pack.

ie select single items.

I don't think the devs will do anything about this because they're trying to keep it dumbed down.

BitRaiser said:
I think voting and Carving are the two biggest things that need to be patched in ASAP.

the more and more i play t:v the more i want every armor to have just 1 more chooseable weapon slot.

Got Haggis? said:
hopefully it will be there in the full game. it was one thing that t2 did right (having the voice annouce when one was started, and when it either passed /failed) - having to hit escape is beyond retarded and in no way 'dumbs down' the game - it's not intuitive at all.
Would love to hear the reason why this wasn't implemented the same way.

{Begin Rant}

It's &^$%^&$ terrible really. I hope to God its changed in Retail. Unless you get in a good server with admins, it sucks sometimes. All the TK retards are out now and if it was an option on the Keybinds, at least the newbies could look at it real quick when the next vote came up and hit Ctrl/Y or whatever!

Right now you have to use TeamTalk and type in a novel (Which flies off the screen) instead of just typing "Hit Y"!!

Why the Devs took away our ability to Bind a Key/duel Keys to certain events is &*^%$#^ beyound me. If they wanted to DUMB Down the game fine, but they could have had an Advanced Bind option in the menu that older (Whatever) players could have used for all the remaining events (Just have a Reset option on that to re-bind to game defaults)

I REALLY hate this forced KeyBind crap! I have to use Number 4 to switch to a deployable? WTF! Every Friggen person DOES NOT USE WASD!

Don't even get me going about the INV station garbarge. Some people just friggen hang there unless you are on a good server. WTH was wrong with the T2 System?

Updating the INI files? We should not have to do that for KeyBinds/Inv! Holy Crap!

Hopefully there will be a FastFavs for T:V and some type of KeyBind managment system!

Other than the %$^@%$@#@ Inv/Keybind system, the game rocks!

{End Rant} :domotwak:

Pachacutec said:
the more and more i play t:v the more i want every armor to have just 1 more chooseable weapon slot.

Every? NO WAY!

Maybe restore the old 3 light, 4 med, 5 heavy system... but I wouldn't want to see lights with more weapons. It's a mechanic... you have to actually pick and choose. It makes your choises more importance and defines SOME sort of role.

I don't think the devs will do anything about this because they're trying to keep it dumbed down.

Damnit Im tried of all this dumb it down crap! I really do hope this is not an example of whats in the retail version. If you want dumb, make a playstation version and leave the details to the PC platform.

Come to think of it, there is some kind of workaround for ctrl-? type keybinds that involve rebinding the key when you press control and binding it back to its original function when you release it. Maybe ilys can come by and enlighten us? :)

BitRaiser said:
Every? NO WAY!

Maybe restore the old 3 light, 4 med, 5 heavy system... but I wouldn't want to see lights with more weapons. It's a mechanic... you have to actually pick and choose. It makes your choises more importance and defines SOME sort of role.

think about it bit, the lights are usually going with a grappler, unless they're a sniper.

so you have , disc, chain, grap.

that's 2 less usable weapons than t1. t1 had

blaster, disc, chain, grenade launcher/sniper rifle.

the t:v light only has 2 usable weapons!

plus, having that extra slot across all armors would probably be easier to add into the game than the staggered system for armors, and it would keep in with the style of game design.

plus how many times have you reached for a weapon that wasn't there?

when i'm offense in medium now with a grappler, i switch to 3 to buckler someone, and attack him viciously with my grappler :(.

yes, i could replace my chain with my buckler, but then i cant defend myself if i'm being whored.

i think it only makes sense.

Nobody forces you to carry a grappler. When you do, you gain plenty of mobility at the cost of a usable weapon.

I don't see the problem.

Back