[LEGENDS] Planet Legends hosts MIXER NIGHT!

=H|B=TechKrill

Veteran XV
Thought I'd give anyone here who's interested a heads-up
============

Tonight, March 3, 2008, at 10:00 PMish, Planet Legends hosted the very first Mixer Night. Close to 20 individual players popped in at some point to play, and everyone had a great time.

Quickly, what a mixer is:

2 captains are selected, and teams are picked by alternating captains choosing. Then, the captain that did not get to pick first gets to pick the map. Then, the server is put into tournament mode and everyone goes to their prospective teams. Each team has 2 minutes to talk strategy and "Who's doing what" before the match begins.

We played Aeolus and Ocular, and definitely had a great time. The mixer happened on (#1) Planet Legends - Public and was open to anyone who wanted to participate.

Players who came out were (please add yourself if I miss you)

[DA]Ender
[DA]Gangle
[DA]Lnx
[DA]InvSys
oD|Awakening
oD|Omoikane
oD|Taka
LilSnipe|C()|
{BV}Skin
Ret
ROAST
Whatever
Bakerdude
jSlice
=EQ=Nix

}OS{Billo was there, but dropped during team selection.

But here's the real reason for this post:

SAME TIME NEXT WEEK! We'll be choosing them teams and mixing it up same time, same place. Also, if people from outside the USA want to participate, we may start to have a mixer on Saturdays as well at 5 PM EST, so it's merely 10-11 PM in Europe.

Everyone come out and play at 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time next Monday on (#1) Planet Legends - Public and we'll mix it up!

Please visit Planet Legends - Legends Gaming Community - Home for all demos! Everyone who participated, please upload your demos clearly labeled onto the site so people can view them.

Bumping this thread. My understanding is the games have been pretty good thus far, and you'll run into some good players there judging from the rosters. It'd be fun to have some of the vets that still play join in and throw some disks around.

Heh, TomcaT, I just came here to bump this thread myself :) Mixer starts in about 45 minutes, server will be restarted about 15 minutes before the mixer just to clear out any glitches or hangups in the server.

Games have been 8v8 or more for the last 3 mixer nights...the most we had was 9v10 'cause we only had 19 players in-game. Server was set to 20 players, but has been increased to 24 just to support any other people who wanna come check it out.

If you're new to the game, but wanna participate, if anyone asks who you are, just mention you're a T1 vet who wants to check the game out, and you'll get picked for a team like everyone else :) No offense if you get picked last :)

Server will be (#1) Planet Legends - Public

Time: 10:00 PM EST until whenever we get bored :)

Another mixer night tonight. If you haven't play Legends at all, just come out at 10 PM EST in (#1) Planet Legends and have some fun, see if you like it. If you want to know how the game really is, this is the time to do it. Big games, skilled players, good maps, good competition.

Hawk%20Bats.jpg

Back